Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Posted by David Dreezer - Infopop Product Manager (and my Lunch buddy)
UBB.threads 6.3 released.

Official Announcement Here

UBB.threads verison 6.3 has been released to the Member Area.

If you are upgrading from either of the two beta versions please read the special instructions at the bottom of this announcement.

What's new in version 6.3?

• Moved all text in the administration into language files.
  • All language files are now editable through the admin section.
  • Added an option into the admin section to activate/deactivate languages. This allows for easy addition/removal of languages without the need to edit any code or templates.
  • Added an option to the mass mailer to send out emails one at a time on servers where Bcc mailing does not work.
  • Added in the last poster for each thread when viewing the postlist screen.
  • Added a modification of JustDave's "My Cookies" hack, with a template file. This allows users to delete all cookies from a UBB.threads site.
  • Modified the banuser function so a user cannot login at all when they are banned. If they are currently logged in they will get a message that they are now banned on the next screen they visit.
  • Modified showflat/showthreaded so the Board= portion isn't needed when linking to a post. This will keep bookmarks or links to posts that have been moved from breaking.
  • Updated the COPPA registration and handling.
  • Added the ability to add a custom charset or text direction for a language via the control panel.

We will be releasing two versions of the .zip or .tar.gz files now, one with just the English language installed, and one version with all of the languages that .threads traditionally ships with. please note:All of the non-English language packs that are included are customer donated versions. Some or all of them may not be up to date; In which case the non-translated parts will appear in English.

As usual for each release we also have a handful of fixes or updates from the previous version.

• Fixed a bug with linebreaks getting messed up when editing a post under Mac OS 9.
  • Fixed a SQL error when deleting all traces of a user.
  • Fixed a sorting bug when viewing the address book.
  • Fixed a SQL error in addons/ubbttopthreads.php
  • Fixed a problem with forums not showing on main page when deleting all posts from a user or deleting a user.
  • Fixed a problem with forums not showing on main page on certain occasions when cron/doexpire is run.
  • Fixed a bug that would pop up if a post was moved while a user was replying to it.
  • Fixed a problem with the mass mailer sending out duplicates on some servers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the year a user registerd not to show.
  • Fixed a bug with the instant ubbcode when previewing a reply to a private message.
  • Fixed a bug with the userlist not showing all users properly.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the post icon to not show up on the main forum listing.
  • Fixed a bug when leaving a pointer behind on a moved post made by an anonymous user.
  • Added in a check to see if a thread is locked before allowing a user to edit their post.
  • Added in Picture size checks into the printthread script.
  • Made some changes to showflat to add back in the [Re: Username] next to the subject.
  • Combined the welcome email in the adduser language file into 1 string instead of 3 seperate strings.
  • Made some changes to deletepost.php, so when deleting the last post in a thread the last poster would update properly for that thread on the postlist screen.

Upgrading instructions from previous versions are in the UPGRADING.html file, more detailed instructions are also located on our documentation page.

Upgrading from 6.3 beta 1?

You will need to run the following SQL -

Code
<br />CREATE TABLE w3t_Mailer (<br />M_Time INT(11),<br />M_Subject VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Message TEXT,<br />M_Groups VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Bogus VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Onebyone INT(1),<br />M_Loop INT(9),<br />M_Type VARCHAR(10)<br />);<br /><br />ALTER TABLE w3t_Users ADD U_CoppaUser INT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0';<br /><br />

Updating from 6.3 beta 4?

You'll need to run this SQL

Code
<br />ALTER TABLE w3t_Users ADD U_CoppaUser INT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0'<br />

Sponsored Links
Good job...

Now where is that ChangeLog you were mentioning?

Lee

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

Come on...no playing dumb!

Lee

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Oh the 6.4 changelog.....

Stay tuned.... they promised it would be posted once 6.3 goes final. Although infopoppers have been pretty busy getting this ready.... so it might be a while yet.

Watch the announcment forum at Infopop community. When it gets posted, I'll probably do an announcement here as well.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Oh THANK YOU God/Rick! It was about time! Finally Happy happy joy joy!

Addict
Addict
Yay for us! Many thanks to Rick and all at Infopop for getting this released.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
For anyone here who grabs it before Dave gets it fixed - there is a misplaced coma in the distribution.

Code
 <br />In ubbt.inc.php around line 440 find this: <br /> <br />             $date = time(); <br />             $query = " <br />               UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users <br />               SET    U_Laston   = $date, <br />                      U_TempRead = '', <br />               WHERE  U_Username = '$Username' <br />             "; <br /> <br /> <br />Change to this: <br /> <br />             $date = time(); <br />             $query = " <br />               UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users <br />               SET    U_Laston   = $date, <br />                      U_TempRead = '' <br />               WHERE  U_Username = '$Username' <br />             "; <br /> <br />

Edit - this is fixed in the download now.

Last edited by JoshPet; 06/10/2003 10:29 PM.
Addict
Addict
Yeah!!! 6.4 changelog, here we come!!!

Addict
Addict
OMG!

Best news I've heard in a few months. I've been hitting refresh on threadsdev every half hour or so for the past week waiting for this. Time to go close my site down and upgrade.... finally

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
heheh... me too, I've been waiting a while myself

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
*tosses a 12pack of Diet Coke in the fridge and fires up Beyond Compare, writes a note to remind self to call in sick to work tomorrow*

Yeehaw!

Thanks for sharing the good news Josh.

Addict
Addict
I was so outdated, I said screw beyond/compare and just started from scratch Granted, I have a lot of hacks to apply tomorrow, but the upgrade went smoothly and things are up and running. Although IIP isn't working 100%, but shouldn't be too hard to fix

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Grab the new index.php file here (5.3.1) and you're good with IIP.

Addict
Addict
I did.. but the template isn't displaying correctly (lack of table borders).

I updated the index and editconfig files as you mentioned, which got IIP working, just the display isn't correct. I'm a bit tired to work on it tonight, but if you have any ideas just shoot them my way

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmmm... that's wierd. Like the table wrappers aren't getting called.

Addict
Addict
Also.. I notice this error being displayed now on various pages after not visiting the site for a while. They eventually go away though:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Laston = 1055304714, U_TempRead = '', WHERE U_Username = 'Jeremy'
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE U_Username = 'Jeremy'' at line 4

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
See my post above - that's a typo in the distribution that the first 8 or 9 people downloaded.

Take out the stray coma and you'll be set.

The distribution is fixed now.

Addict
Addict
Thanks josh, I skipped over it in my excitement

But that seems to have fixed it, and its time for bed. I have a long day of hacking threads ahead of me tomorrow

Veteran
Veteran

Was that the longest Beta so far?

Of course it now means that I will have to clear my diary for the next 72 hours LOL I like to get these things installed before 6.3.1 comes out

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I am gonna do things slow. I am going to bring this up as a test site and rehack from the ground up. About time to do it slow instead of the beyond compare a million hacks.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's good to start fresh occasionally and add the stuff you really like. I'mma gonna do that to a site that's been waiting on 6.3 for quite a while now

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
I was so behind, I was running an insecure version of 6.2.1 this whole time

And of course, my users are already on my case about missing hacks (ie. quick reply)

Hacker
Hacker
I've decided to selectively apply the changes from this release. I have way too many hacks to do the whole site over (and I dont need multilanguage support for my admin section).

Beyond Compare - buy it, use it.

LOL Michael yes Beyond Compare is great. However I have used it for so many versions now I just feel like doing things the long way this time.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
So many of the mods here are for 6.2. Good thing they don't say 6.2 only, so I'll be hacking mine from the ground up too, even using 6.2 mods.

Addict
Addict
I'm with you guys. I'm hacking from the ground up. I know I've probably missed bits of code here and there. Now I have to rehack my templates!!

Veteran
Veteran
It wasn't the longest beta, though we did get set back twice during the cycle. It just seemed longer because someone (rick) blabbed (josh) part of the 6.4 list during the 6.3 beta.

No biggy. I bought a tube of superglue, a hammer, and some nails

Seriously though, I know 6.3 added a lot of things most of you don't care about, but it served some real purposes. It gave .threads a better chance to easily broaden it's appeal into new markets. It laid a good foundation to redo that control panel into something bigger and more easy to use (find stuff). It fixed the mass email problems and made .threads a more viable tool to use for site owners to communicate with users. It added more polish to .threads too. Next time you have a user with a cookie problem point them to the remove cookie link in the FAQ. How much time will that save some of you?

But, again, I know some of you don't care about that at all. Which is why I didn't mind part of 6.4's list going out even in the middle of 6.3. To give those of you that don't care about setting your charset something to look forward to. We didn't forget about you.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
When you're on the bleeding edge, those new releases never come fast enough. Especially when the new releases include things you already have.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

Hacker
Hacker
To the woodshed, Josh!

Thanks, Navaho! For me the issue has more to do with the sheer level of effort to upgrade. I have integrated not only a bunch of mods, but made alot of code changes I would have trouble remembering along with PhotoPost, ReviewPost, Shoutcast, Classifieds, Auctions, SquirrelMail, Email Reminders - blah blah blah.

I honestly dont know what you could do next that would inspire me to start over - I love Threads just the way it is.

Well, except for the seemless-PhotoPost integration I've been working on.....

Addict
Addict
I more or less bandaged 6.3 together at my site. Still a few hardly-noticeable quirks here and there. It's going to take a while to hack from scratch.

BTW, I can't wait until the ReviewPost reading the UBB.T cookie problem is fixed.

Addict
Addict
I'd just like to say that I'm one of the lucky few that got the error distribution with the error that Jeremy got.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Woo hoo....

We thought we had them just about all figured - I think all but one or two of them were threadsdevers.

[]AKD96 said:
I'd just like to say that I'm one of the lucky few that got the error distribution with the error that Jeremy got. [/]

I got one too :-)

LOL I downloaded and got the bug as well. No biggy it happens.

IF I'd of had my computer I would have had one of those.

But hey, If...Dog...Rabbit

Looks good guys, all I really want the "Last Post By" but my biggest drawback is adding back all the hacks including all my Upload stuff again so I will probably wait.

Cool!
I am upgrading this weekend and gotta buy a new license

...... x ......
Using UBBt 6.4.2 + Digg Ajax Mod, Trust Ajax Mod, Captcha Regristation & Login mod, Checkusername Ajax mode.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63