Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What are your favorites of the following:
  • Airport(s)
  • Airline(s)
  • Widebody airliner(s)
  • Narrowbody airliner(s) (80 seats or more)

My favorites:
Airport: Atlanta Hartsfield (ATL)
Airline: Delta
Widebody airliner: Boeing 767-400
Narrowbody airliners: Boeing 737-800 and 757-200

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'll bit.

I like Atlanta's Airport too.... and do prefer Delta. I'm not very knowledgable with types of Airlines. I do think the Airbus planes are very nice. But I really don't know the difference between them.

The last time I was on a commercial airliner (US Air) it almost crashed but I'm taking an international flight next week on Delta so I will try not to think about that.

US Air was generous and after I waited in a refund line for an hour, they gave me a $40 credit (total for both seats) after almost killing us and leaving me stranded, having to buy another ticket on SouthWest to get where I needed to be. But I'm going off on my rant again and will stop now.

Addict
Addict
Amsterdam's airport is huge Not necessarily my favorite, but fairly large

Charles Degaul (I can't spell) in France was a pretty nice airport.

As for airlines, I think British Airways was much better than the few domestic flights I had here with Northwest and US Air.

I can't comment on planes because I haven't been on that many and didn't pay attention to what kind they were

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I prefer planes that stay in the air when they are flying. lol My 7yo son is paranoid about flying in a couple weeks - he keeps asking what will happen if the plane crashes. We'll be dead - we probably won't care too much after that. We watched the 2nd plane crash on 9/11, live, and I don't think he's forgotten that. We'll be in O'Hare in a couple weeks and I hear they've got a great kids area now. I've only ever flown coach class, so all the airplanes have pretty much seemed the same - small seats.

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he
I complain about USAir... but I should backup and say, that despite their crappy customer service and lack of care once we ended up on the ground. The fact remained that things got very hairy for me, yet the pilot was skilled and trained enough to eventually make the emergency landing sucessfully. That's what was really important.

So to hopefully help you and not scare you, when stuff does go wrong.... they are trained to deal with it.

If you haven't flown in a while, the extra security stuff may scare you. Don't let it. Be happy they are doing all of it. I gladly took my shoes off, opened my belt and undid my pants to make them happy that my metal belt buckle was setting off the detector. But instead of being aggravated... I'm happy they are that strict.

Hopefully that reassures your son a bit.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm probably not afraid enough. I keep telling my husband if the plane goes down at least we're all together. I've just never had a fear of dying - suffering would scare me, but dying doesn't. My son's going to have to decide not to worry about it - that's no way to start off 11 days of "The Happiest Place on Earth".

I'm still laughing over this portion of text:
Josh said:[]and undid my pants to make them happy[/]

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he

That's a rare occasion that undoing my pants made anyone happy.

LOL

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ugh, airport security makes me angry, I always have to take my shoes and belt off and unbutton the top button... driving is usually a better option

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Maybe you and I are just so irrestable when we travel that they want us to open our pants.

LOL

Addict
Addict
They should at least have Playboy Bunnies performing the frisks. Am I alone here?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, everyone who has frisked me has been Faaaaar from a bunny. And as if it's any better that they use the back of the hand.

I had one very large creepy guy explain to me once that he was going to "pat me down" and if he needed to go any where "familiar" that he would use the back of his hand. Yeah, that made it less uncomfortable.

Addict
Addict
If he felt he needed to go anywhere "familiar" on me, his groin would become familiar with my knee.

That's my little airport limerick.

Guru
Guru
I really didn't need that mental picture

UBB.threads Developer
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he

I can't help it.

They like me.

Or.......

I look like a terrorist.

Actually I do... you should see my passport photo. I'm surprised they didn't lock me up. I look like a cross between a terrorist and an axe murderer.

Guess I'm not photogenic.

Veteran
Veteran
[]JoshPet said:
he he
I complain about USAir... but I should backup and say, that despite their crappy customer service and lack of care we ended up on the ground. [/]

Where else would you end up?

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Guru
Guru
6 feet under ground.

UBB.threads Developer
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he

Yeah good point. Should have said "on the ground safely".

Better the ground than in the ocean or in a big ball of flame.

I guess if an airline had a goal to always "get you back on the ground" they would have a 100% success rate.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Doah!

I finally found it you quote editor!

I was paranoid until I found it.

LOL

Veteran
Veteran

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
[]AllenAyres said:
ugh, airport security makes me angry, I always have to take my shoes and belt off and unbutton the top button... driving is usually a better option [/]
They just want to see your muscles AA

I usually have to fly out of either LaGuardia or JFK. LaGuardia has notoriously short runways surrounded by water. JFK has notorious confusion related to the endless construction going on there. I prefer to fly out of tiny little MacArthur/Islip when I can, which is usually for Southwest, which is probably my favorite domestic carrier. I have yet to fly Jet Blue, and all of the others have gotten worse over the last few years. American West is by far the worst airline, and I refuse to fly them.

I like Lufthansa, and Air France isn't bad either, when flying across the world.

Can't say I pay much attention to which plane I'm flying. I don't mind taking smaller jets or props. I actually like Prop planes

-Tacks

Veteran
Veteran
You can't beat British Airways - or even Virgin. Used to enjoy flying Delta in the US. Now that Concorde is being retired, I will have to find another plane to fly from London to NY. LOL

Given the choice though - I would rather fly myself. (Only one snag to that theory - I can't fly a plane! )

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
George Carlin has a great bit on airlines. Like when they say "We'll be landing shortly". Sounds like you're gonna miss the runway. Or, "Near miss". It's not a near miss, it's a near collision. When two planes DO collide, you'd say, "Gee, they nearly missed."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849