Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
This is an option that my board uses greatly. For a board that gets 400+ posts a day the option to search active posts was used a lot. Now the option is active topics and you have to search through the topics to find only the active posts. I have received complaints about this from both staff and members. This is a mod that would be greatly appreciated by many thumbsup

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
How is this different from how we have it here now? I'm trying to understand the difference smile

When I click on "Active Topics" it pulls up the topics that have new posts and you click on the link to go to the most recent post in that topic.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
The main reason is if you click on the link it brings you to the last post. It's much easier on the mods and members to see all the posts made in the past 24 hours as it will bring them to that exact post when they are in a hurry. This way the members and such can run through the board quicker and just see the posts that were made instead of hunting through topics. On ubb threads another member expressed he used it a lot because they allow anonymous users and was easy just to click posts and see if a anonymous user posted so they can check the post.

Journeyman
Journeyman
This was rolled up under a search mod that Dave and I and a few others made for 6.x. Search for YASM and see if that is what you are looking for.

If so I'll probalby be porting that over in the next few weeks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63