Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#312248 12/13/2006 1:19 AM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Well it looks like in my absence I have missed quite a bit- not sure if anyone remembers me its been so long but hey- Im back.

For those of you that do remember me

Emerald Forest Seattle v2007
The Forest is back and this time it will be staying!!. For those of you that don't know what happened- I hurt my Sciatic nerve back in July and couldn't walk for a some time, lost my job because of it then the injury worsened in October- finally my injury subsided after recieving a Cortizone shot into my hip. Since then my life has changed dramatically, I thank God every day for where my life is at at the moment. I am healthy, I am happy and I have the job that I love- I work in a Telephony and (VTC) video teleconferencing division for Microsoft now.So after 5 months of being down EFS is back and I hope all of you will return to the Forest and enjoy what I have in store for the coming Year.

Happy Holidays!!
Michael
a.k.a. ChAoS
http://emeraldforestseattle.com

I do have a couple of questions-

• How do I get rid of _dup1 after my username here tipsy
  • Does anyone have a list of the permission settings for UBBThreads 6.5? My board mailer is not working- I will eventually upgrade to the newest version but probably not for another month- Gotta wait for all that M$ dough

Last edited by ChAoS_dup1; 12/14/2006 11:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Originally Posted by ChAoS_dup1
How do I get rid of _dup1 after my username here
We upgraded and merged UBBDev and ThreadsDev and some usernames had duplacates, all duplicates where assigned dup1, dup2, etc. There is already a user named "chaos" in the system from UBB.C (whihc was imported first) so they took presidence over the imports. I see about getting your PDN updated if there is another nickname you'd like to use?

Originally Posted by ChAoS_dup1
Does anyone have a list of the permission settings for UBBThreads 6.5? My board mailer is not working- I will eventually upgrade to the newest version but probably not for another month- Gotta wait for all that M$ dough
In 7 its 777 for all directories, 666 for all files (to use internal editors and the such)

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
For threads 6.5 you really only needed 777 for the

languages
templates
content islands
includes
stylesheets
sessions (if applicable)

directories (and files within), 664 (or similar) is fine elsewhere. If you don't intend to use the online editors and have the settings where you like, then I believe only the sessions folder needs to have the higher settings.

As for your name, chaos seems to be a popular name smile Someone registered it back in 2000, a couple years prior to your reg in 2002. Let us know what you'd prefer and we'll get it for you smile

And welcome back smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Indeed so, I looked through the userlist for his name and came up with a nice handful of users lol...

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Gizmo #312266 12/14/2006 10:30 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I have been assimiliated by the Board!! As you can see I have been renamed to ChAoS_dup1. I see that the board member Chaos (imposter!!) has not posted since 2001 and only has 32 posts. Any chance he may be pushed out the airlock and I could claim my name?

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
But it's such a nifty airlock... lol... since an update of that calibur would have to be made through fiddling with an sql query I'll leave that to allen :x

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849