Print Thread
Rate Thread
coffee and code
coffee and code
7.6.0 Progress Snapshot Report: "I should probably get up and dance."

Changelog 2016-02-28
Admin
• CHANGEUSER, SHOWUSER -Added toggling of "Accept Admin Emails."
• LOGIN -Moved around a bit of the Suhosin checks and updated the check so it only runs if the forum could be affected by a low suhosin value.
• LOGIN -Minor layout adjustments to the dashboard display
• PHPINFO -Added a new tab with links to suhosin server configuration. (see next/below item)
• SUHOSIN -Added a new page for displaying all settings, recommendations, and additional information of the suhosin configuration on your server. Thanks to James Corthell (Gizmo) for this page and 100% of his past and continued work on suhosin issues!
• WRAPPERS -Minor bug fix.

Images
• GROUPS -Updated the default adm.gif and mod.gif images.
• GROUPS -Added a new donator.gif group image.

Install\Styles
• ALL -All styles have had minor layout fixes and font size corrections.
• MANY -The following styles are now included within the installer archive; Lime, Marshmallow, Mocha, Zen (Preview these from the Style Chooser here, or on UBBCentral.com). New style, Crimson, will be available in the next snapshot. This should bring the total included stock forum styles from three (v7.5.x), to nine (v7.6.x).

Languages
• FAQ -Fixed some minor coloring elements.
• PORTAL_ISLANDS -Added a new language item for customizing the display of your list items. For example, you can use MIDDOT, BULLETPOINT, PERIOD, DASH, x, or whatever you want. The field is there if you choose to use it. Leave it blank, or use a single space (NBSP) to insert your island list items.
• POSTLIST -Topic Display Options (active in x time) and Sort By (title/starter/replies...etc) in the footer have had all of their items updated for a shorter, more friendly text display.
• SEARCH -Updated "User Name" to "Display Name"
• SHOWPROFILE -Removed a lot language strings which are no longer used.
• USERPOSTS -Corrections to the Page titles.
• MUTLIPLE -Minor English adjustments to a few common phrases.
• MULTIPLE -Cleaned-up/removed a lot of the developer comments (mine) in preparation for a wide-release.

Languages/Admin
• GENERIC -Updated Example's text to display relative paths, because absolute full paths were incorrect for the context being used.
• GENERIC -Fixed a minor spelling error used in multiple places (writeable -> writable) keks4every1.
• SHOWUSER -Updates for "Accept Admin Emails."
• SUHOSIN -Major updates, since this language file now has its own page in the Tools & Information section.

Libs
• PHPMAILER -This library has been updated to version 5.2.13.

Scripts
• ADDUSER -When activated, StopForumSpam now checks the Email address of new users.
• DOSEARCH -Cleaned up a bit of the search keywords display code.
• SHOWMEMBERS -Display Name and User Location searches are now case-insensitive.
• SHOWMEMBERS -Added the necessary code for including User Titles and User Custom Titles in the showmembers template.
• SHOWMEMBERS -Somebody left a "Moo!" in the code. She has been moved out, and is now back in California with the rest of her happy Moos.

Styles
• ADMIN -Minor color code corrections and improvements.
• COMMON -Column defaults adjusted from 250px to 200px.
• COMMON -Post-image bug fix. The bug was introduced in a prior snapshot and was fixed relatively quickly in this snapshot revision. It's related to responsive display.
• COMMON -Body Column now defaults to 100% on smaller browser widths.

Templates
• FOOTER -Added "Snapshot" to the displayed version string, if the installed build is not released/stable version.
• FORUM -Mobile view was not displaying the "New Post" columns for mobile views. This has been fixed. Thanks to Mark_S for reporting this!
• HEADER -Updated to now use the minified version of Lightbox.css.
• HEADER -Rearranged the "ADMIN NOTICE - FORUM CLOSED" positioning to appear before the forum Custom Header File.
• ISLAND _FEATURED_MEMBER, _POPULAR_TOPICS, _SHOUTBOX -All received some minor layout improvements.
• LOGIN -Moved the remeberme check-box HTML out of the script file, and placed in to the template file.
• POST_GALLERY -Post Details section has been updated to a more modern style.
• POST_SIDE -Signature is now hidden if the page is viewed on a smaller screen.
• POSTLIST -Interface updates to the footer section for smaller screens.
• SEARCH -Set the Search Term and Display Name text entry boxes to fill the full table width.
• SHOWMEMBERS -This file has been completely rewritten, and it is now Mobile Friendly.
• SHOWPROFILE -Only display the Custom Fields if there is data within them.
• SHOWPROFILE -Set all Email addresses to lowercase.
• SHOWPROFILE -Display a notice if the viewed user profile currently has no comments.
• SHOWPROFILE -Hide the Followers section if the profile doesnt have anyone following them.
• VIEWMESSAGE -Fix the "New Private Message" button.

Templates/Admin
• LOGIN -Updated the Versioning language strings.
• CHANGEUSER -Set the form accepted-charset to "UTF-8" to help prevent accidental non-standard character entry.
• CHANGEUSER -Added elements for the "Accept Admin Emails" toggle.

Javascript
• LIGHTBOX -Updated from version 2.7.1 to version 2.8.2
• SHOUTBOX -Increased the shout buffer from 30 to 100. Not only does this fix some ShoutBOX wonkyness, but it also lays some groundwork for ShoutCHAT.

ALTERNATE TITLE: So Nice.

--
NOTICE: At the time of this post, UBB.threads 7.6.0 is very much still work in progress. This current code will change several more times before being published to the Members area of http://ubbcentral.com. This *WORK IN PROGRESS* code is not available for download or purchase. This series of progress reports is being made public to share the development progress on UBB.threads. Items may be pulled from the final release or may be reworked to have a different presentation than what is depicted in this post. This is very much WORK IN PROGRESS and not by any means "final."

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
1 member likes this: Gizmo
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yay, I do good! Lol

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have noticed on the styles in the past version that if you move from one server to the other with a complete copyt over using FTP for the files and either a single file MySQL load or the UBB multiple MySQL files restore to the database when going to edit a style file that nothing appears in the edit boxes.

I have not had much time to try to trace down the issue in the past versions but with the total re-wrote of the entire software the attempt would be mute at this point. It wouldn't effect many users however, those that move back and forth from server to server or are transferring a site from one host to another would be effected by this.

I'm not quite sure I have posted this in the proper area and I not please let me know the area for future things such as this. Thanks.

7.6.0 will be more appreciated than next.. Star wars episode.. just sayin.. wink

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Originally Posted by Morgan
7.6.0 will be more appreciated than next.. Star wars episode.. just sayin.. wink
I'm still not sure how I feel about the last one... Movie, not release; the last release was a solid spring board for 7.6.0, regardless of the setbacks caused by code cleanup. I hope we can get it out the door soonish.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
Originally Posted by Morgan
Star Wars The Force Awakens was an okay movie. But yes, I'm personally more amazed by new forum software than any movie reboot or remake could ever do.

Keep on the good work guys!

Moderated by  Gizmo, isaac 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849