• a few minor gallery_post, postlist, postside layout issues have been fixed.
• common.css received some further updates.
• the installer had a bit of clerical issues resolved (it now says "7.6.0" in the footer). also the default settings for a new installation have been updated to reflect basic internet standards. the styles now install correctly. if you are currently using any stock styles in your default forums, remove those, and install the ones from this package. these are also backwards compatible with UBB.threads 7.5.x and newer. If you need assistance, instructions are detailed below and also at this link
-- Review the "stock, unmodified styles" section.
----------STYLE NAMES FOR \install\styles\
UBB.threads 7.5.x series -
1 ubb (or ubbthreads)
2 new_light (or ubbthreads-light)
3 new_dark (or ubbthreads-dark)
UBB.threads 7.6.x series -
2 UBB.threads - Dark
3 UBB.threads - Light
5 UBBCentral - Crimson (Red-White)
6 UBBCentral - Lime (LightGreen-Green)
7 UBBCentral - Marshmallow (Blue-Green)
8 UBBCentral - Mocha (Brown-DarkGreen)
9 UBBCentral - Zen (BlueGrey-Grey)REQUIRED STYLE ADJUSTMENTS, WHEN UPGRADING FROM UBB.threads 7.5.x to 7.6.x
for responsive design to work correctly on your forums
** If you are using stock, unmodified styles from UBB.threads 7.5.x series **
1. Go to Control Panel > Styles
2. Click the "Import Style" bottom tab.
3. Click "Browse" and navigate to: \ubbthreads-7-6-x\install\styles\ -- This is at the location you've extracted the ubbthreads-7-6-x.zip to on your local computer.
4. Select "1_UBB.threads.txt" (for "UBB.threads" Style) and Continue. NOTE: The new and the updated UBB.threads 7.6.x style names are listed at the top of this post.
5. Once your chosen style has been imported, you'll be at the "Edit or Add a Style" page. Confirm that Images and Wrappers within "Name, Images & Wrapper" are set to "default" (or "ubb" for the new images) and click the "Update or Add Style" button.
Do steps 2 through 5 for each of the other new/updated styles you want to use.
6. From the Styles list page; now you can mark your older stock styles Inactive, or Delete them if you choose. Dont forget to set a Default style for your forums.
** If you are using customized styles **
1. In the following Style Settings, find the width
property and its % or px
value. Remove it.
EXAMPLE: "width: XX%;" or "width: XXpx;"
General CSS Properties
Left/Right Column Properties
2. Click the "Update or Add Style" button when you're done.
3. Do step 1 and 2 for each of your custom styles.
Done.BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM STYLE, BASED OFF ONE OF THE NEW "UBBCENTRAL" STYLES
Four of the colored UBBCentral styles (Lime, Marshmallow, Mocha, Zen) are inspired by Google's Material Design color palettes.https://www.google.com/design/spec/style/color.html#color-color-palette
You can use one of these styles as a foundation to build your own custom color combinations.
Within each of these colored UBBCentral styles, there is a comment/notation next to each color property.
For example: "/* 900p */"
The 900 corresponds hue of the color palette.
The "p" corresponds to the PRIMARY color palette.
An "s" would correspond to the SECONDARY color palette.
The colored UBBCentral styles only use two color palettes, and a shade of WHITE or GREY or BLACK.
For example: "/* white */" or "/* grey */" or "/* black */"
This should make creating your new custom theme easy.
"Mocha" uses a custom hue of green (#006341) for its secondary (s) color, not picked from Google's Material color palette.
"Crimson" uses a single palette of deep-red shades, and does not have any comments/notations next to each of its CSS colors.
The primary "UBBCentral" style is not based on Google's Material Design color palette, and does not have any comments/notations next to each of its CSS colors.