Title: UBB.threads System Requirements Test
Release - Initial: 20150502
Release - Latest: 20210801
Author: Adapted and Expanded by James Corthell, VNC Web Services
Demo: UBBWiki, UBB.Developers
Documentation: UBB.threads System Requirements Test
Download: UBB.Wiki Archive
Support: UBB.Developers: UBB.threads System Requirements Test

A full set of developer notes can be found within the documentation page.

Last edited by Gizmo; 08/03/2021 12:45 AM. Reason: 20210801 Release

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
1 member likes this: isaac
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
A new version has just been pushed out to the UBBWiki file archive; added a check for filter_var (which is compiled by default in PHP 5.3+) and a display of the unadjusted server time.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
A new build has been pushed out to the UBBWiki file archive (here).

Changes
  • Now HTML5 valid
  • General Script Cleanup
  • Will now always display values for PHP Maximum Execution Time, PHP Memory Limit, and the PHP Version running on the server.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
A new build has been pushed out to the UBBWiki file archive (here).

Changes
  • Added a notice for lack of PHP7 support, if detected.
  • Added coding for future checks of MySQLi and PDO, depending on future plans for PHP7 compatibility.
  • General Code Cleanup
  • Maximum UBB.threads version check added; will check your reported PHP version against the minimum requirements for UBB.threads on all versions in the 7.5.x series as well as the upcoming 7.6.x series.
  • Modified how several existing checks reported information.
  • Added a display of the detected operating system and interface used by the web server.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Release Build 20170101
• Added additional checks for file_get_contents and fsockopen (used by the Stop Forum Spam feature).
• Added a target to all of the links, so that you stay on page while reading additional information.
• Removed most v7.6.0 notices, to make the script target past UBB.threads builds as well.
• Updated styling.
• Updated URLs to UBBWiki and VNC Web Services to default to SSL.

Just posted to UBBWiki

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Release Build 20170525
• Another style update, easier on the eyes and more modern
• Fixed broken URL in "about"
• Version Check has been updated to have a check for PHP5.4+ (UBB.threads v7.6.x) and v7.5.9 was updated to read out UBB.threads v7.5.10 (the end of the v7.5 series)
• Version Check has been updated to check for a MINIMUM supported version
• Compatibility Listing now shows the Max/Min versions in "Additional Information" vs just the maximum supported.
• Maximum Upload Size displayed (the larger of "post_max_size" and "upload_max_filesize")

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBB.threads System Requirements Test Script 8/28/2018 Developer Notes (Release Announcement)
- Added a version check which displays your installed database version vs the software version listed in ver.inc.php (UBB.threads v7.6.1+) to the UBB.threads Configuration Parser.
- Added a database size listing to the UBB.threads Configuration Parser.
- Removed the need for a trailing slash in the folder config.
- Reduced script container to a maximum width of 768px.
- Fixed a bug in the Maximum Upload Size Allowed listing.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test [ubbwiki.com] script has been updated, the 20190628 [ubbwiki.com] release has the following changes (Release Announcement [virtualnightclub.net]):
- Added: Database Statistics now display when including your UBB.threads configuration (Server Version, Database Size, Max Allowed Connections, Max Allowed Packet, Index Usage, Query Cache Size)
- Added: Introduced a human readable parsing option for items requiring a comma
- Added: New v7.7.2 configuration variables (Identicons, Social Fields, HTTPs Images, News Images, IP & Location URLs, UTF8 Conversion)
- Added: SMTP values are now in the suppressed items array
- Added: There is now an option to display the page output as a text only listing which suppresses all page styling.
- Fix: Maximum Upload Size Allowed has been updated to use min() to detect the smaller value.
- Fix: Reported Path now suppresses its value when $conf["mask"] is enabled
- Updated: "build_check" Function, and Code/Styling Updates & Cleanup

TLDR; Database Statistics are now available, along with new configuration strings for the configuration parser. There are a couple of bug fixes, and some code was cleaned up.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20190727 release has the following changes:
- Added: Added a filesize display, which will show filesizes as they're expected (as bytes/megabytes/gigabytes; see $conf["filesize"]).
- Added: Added a human readable display, which will commify any large numbers (see $conf["human"]).
- Added: We now check for the PHP function "exif_read_data" which can read your device orientation for photo uploads.
- Added: We now check for the PHP Handler "suphp" and provide a warning if your $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] has chmods greater than 755.
- Added: We now check for the UBB.threads configuration variable "IPGEO_LOOKUP" (Enable Reverse Geo-IP Lookups).
- Added: Introduced a basic troubleshooter which will detect issues with your UBB.threads configuration
- Added: Added a troubleshooter for chmods greater than 755 while operating under suphp for both your forum and forum admin folders.
- Added: Added a troubleshooter which will alert you to missing ImageMagick paths when it is detected on the system but values are not in your UBB.threads configuration.
- Added: Added a troubleshooter which will alert you when both GD and ImageMagick appear to be missing from your system.
- Change: The "max_execution_time" notice now recommends a value no higher than 60.
- Change: The Admin Log Path, SQL Log Path, and Session Path values are set to be scrubbed by default; if you would like to share those paths and private data you may set the $conf["private"] variable to 1 (default 0).
- Change: Various code cleanup and CSS formatting changes.

TLDR; A new troubleshooting tool, new compatibility checks for UBB.threads requirements and suphp detection, human readable filesizes and numbers, and protected private paths for logging directories.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20200304 release has the following changes:

- Added: A new check for the cURL version installed on the server
- Added: A new check for the PHP max_input_vars field
- Added: A new check for the OpenSSL version
- Added: A new check for an active HTTPS/SSL connection
- Added: Updated all php.net URLs (new page locations and HTTPS)
- Added: We now identify the PHP variable name with the "friendly name" in the Additional Information area
- Added: Introduced config.inc.php parser options for added values in v7.7.4
- Added: The config.inc.php parser now displays [Empty] for blank fields
- Added: An "unlimited" value display has been added to the config.inc.php parser
- Change: Code clean up and optimizations
- Fix: Fixed a bug affecting the parsing of the "default user groups" option in the config.inc.php parser

TLDR; New checks for cURL, max_input_vars, OpenSSL, HTTPs; new parser options, code optimizations, bug fixes.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20201025 release has the following changes:

Added: Added a new debug mode which will allow one to see what values the test script arrays contain.
Added: Added new configuration checks for v7.7.5 values (Pinterest, Like Locked Threads, etc.)
Added: Added the ability to submit your server and UBB.threads configuration values to the UBB.threads developers (UBBDev.com); this will allow us to troubleshoot your UBB.threads configuration or server configuration issues (note that all usernames and passwords are not sent with your payload; these values will display as they do within the Test Script as "[Scrubbed for Security]"; you can validate what values are sent by viewing the source of the test script on your webserver and scrolling down to the "<input type="hidden" name="payload" value="[h2]UBB.threads Configuration[/h2]" line).
Added: Added the HTML5 Valid badge, with updated coding for displaying the script URL on a target server.
Change: The MySQL/MySQLi check has been retooled to not display a warning when mysql_ commands are missing when the mysqli_ commands are present (mysqli_ commands are present in PHP5); the MySQL functions were removed from PHP in PHP7 in favor of the MySQLi functions.

TLDR; Debug Mode, New Configuration Checks, Can now submit configurations for support, HTML5 Badge, Don't display a mysql_ warning when mysqli_ is present.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20210801 release has the following changes:

Added: A Current MySQL Connections calculation has been added to the Maximum Allowed Connections variable
Added: Script Version Reporting (current UBB.threads Test Script version) is now also submitted with the Submit Server Information payload.
Added: The current (as of release) versions of UBB.threads, PHP7.4, and PHP5.4 are now displayed for max/minimum release comparison.
Change: PHP5.4 is now a minimum (due to now utilizing the PHP Short Array Syntax)
Change: Fontawesome CDN version updated
Change: UBB.threads URLs have all been updated, VNC Web Services properties (VNC Web Services, UBBDev, UBBWiki) and UBBCentral no longer utilize WWW in the URL
Change: The minimum/maximum UBB.threads version calculation has been retooled and PHP8 is now a factor in calculations (which results in an error as UBB.threads v8 has yet to be released).
Fix: Properly defining arrays prior to utilizing them
Fix: Properly sanitizing both $config arrays (parsing is now done within the while loop vs relying on filtering earlier in line)

Last edited by Gizmo; 08/03/2021 12:43 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63