Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37671 06/01/2000 10:49 AM
Hal
Okay, here's what's going on. I found a script for adding images under usernames, and decided to install it. I was bored with the lack of features it had (such as letting users post 5 megabyte images under thier name), so I sat down and expanded on it... quite a bit. An example can be found here:
http://www.nerfonline.net/forums/Forum4/HTML/000105.html

If you click the 'Register' button, you can see that it doesn't ask for the URL of an image (thus cutting anybody without a web server or access to one out of having an image), but instead asks for a two digit ID of the image. The images are all listed on one page, and they are simply called 'ID.jpg' (where ID is the two digit number). From there, it's fairly simple, and more images can be added without even touching the UBB Perl scripts.

If I get enough people asking, I'll make the source availible somewhere. I'll just have to try to remember what exactly I modified... but that's the easy part.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

------------------
-Hal
Electronic Mayhem

-Hal
Electronic Mayhem
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Very nice Hal... good job. It does look very similar to Mutt's Avatar addon found at http://bartour.virtualave.net . DarkWizard did an update for v5.45 and up, if you'd like to check it out...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#37673 06/01/2000 10:47 PM
Hal
Well... hmmm... I guess I didn't see that one...

Well, it's a different concept, weather it works better or not is up to whoever installs it. I like how mine shows in the user profile ( http://www.nerfonline.net/forumcgi/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Comrade_lobster for instance), but I like the dropdown menu in his.

------------------
-Hal
Electronic Mayhem

-Hal
Electronic Mayhem
#37674 06/01/2000 11:14 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[Linked Image]

cool, like I said, you did a good job, it appears to work very well. You might want to add the drop-down to yours and release it as "Avatar2000" [Linked Image]

Seriously, I would be very interested if you do add this and make sure that you update it to be compatible with v5.46 when it comes out soon...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hal
I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for input!

------------------
-Hal
Electronic Mayhem

-Hal
Electronic Mayhem
Sponsored Links
quote:

5.46? cool, i can't wait hehe [Linked Image]

------------------
Moderator of Freeware Hack

Hal, do you know of any way to have a different image hack running for each forum under the same UBB?

I'd like to have a rank based image by each user's name, but I need to have appropriate images for each forum.

Can this be done or do I have to run a separate UBB?

I like it!

Hal
Okay. My next job is to get it to work with 5.45c before I give everybody the code... if anybody noticed, the version NerfOnline had installed was 5.44b. I didn't really see a need to upgrade until everybody started asking me for my hack. I've decided to wait until the next version of UBB to come out (5.46?) before I finish this hack. It shouldn't be too hard to get it to work with newer versions.

If there are any suggestions (I don't think that the pulldown menu thing would work seeing as I've compiled over 45 images at the current time, and people keep sending them on), I'll throw them in on "version 2".

I'm just going to say that my hack is sort of a "hack of a hack"... the original hack can be found here: http://mycomp.virtualave.net/image.txt
This is VERY basic... I merely expanded on it... alot... I'm hoping that this isn't illegal or anything... there isn't any real author information or redistribution information on the original script anywhere.

------------------
-Hal
Electronic Mayhem

-Hal
Electronic Mayhem
Ok, ignore my username. It's really stupid, but I just joined to find hacks, never thought I had to post.

Where's your modifided script? null

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63