Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
Developer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Hey folks!

I've been fooling around with the Custom User Text hack by DannyR and subsequenly modified by Allen. I've fixed the major bug; i.e., sending a "" variable back and some other bugs. Read the docs for more details.

http://www.qasic.com/custom_user_text_546_bugfix.txt

Please provided feedback here. Thx.

Sponsored Links
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 807
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 807
nice wrk!

------------------
-= DFT =-
...................
I don mean dis in a disrespectful way//
But colombine happens in the ghetto happens every day//
Uncle L

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
Addict
Addict
Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
I'm not sure if you fixed it in this one but the last code I tried out for Admin/Mods only to use HTML only worked for Admins only.

------------------

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
Developer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Works on my boards (moderators using html that is).

------------------
UBB Code Hacking @ pokegym.thedojo.com
Staff @ qasic.com

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I see where a couple of changes were made... maybe you can answer a couple of questions, so I'll know next time...

In the cpanel4.cgi you tell us to add:
$usertext = $searchrow[7]; - if we don't have the show password mod installed
$usertext = $searchrow[8]; - if we do have the show password mod installed

Shouldn't the $searchrow number correspond to the memberfile's location of the user text (15), or is it talking about something else? The searchrow shouldn't change I would think if the showpassword is installed, cuz that doesn't move the member files around, just reads a line.

It also said to find (in cpanel4.cgi) this twice:
Code
code:

I only had anything similar to that once, is there something I am missing?

Changing the EQ in the text to eq will throw fewer errors...

Nice work, it just needs a little more.. I am using 5.47d, which changed some stuff from 5.46 and earlier...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
Looks like it stopped html in moderator's user text, judging by goto's... tho I may not have installed it correctly...

Backups reloaded...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
Developer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Quote
quote:
Looking at the code I don't think so. Why? Because the ||| stuff is being pushed into an array to be read in by a sub that will take the arguments in the arrow. That's why there is the ||| line there; to tell UBB that I'm additing one additional data at the end.

Quote
quote:
Probably not, I'm using v5.45c so this may have been a difference between these versions.

Allen, if you can test to see that cpanel4.cgi mods works then that's good - that was my primary problem with the hack. Please provide me w/ some feedback. Thx.

qasic

------------------
UBB Code Hacking @ pokegym.thedojo.com
Staff @ qasic.com

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
Addict
Addict
Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
Well after testing again, the mods are actually able to use HTML now (man my mods...). Thanks for the helpful fix qasic.

------------------

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
Quote
quote:
Will give it a shot again tomorrow... my problems may have been install errors...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
Tried modifying my current usertext hack with some of your coding, but I of course screwed up LOL

------------------
Techguy
http://www.helpfromtechs.com

Sponsored Links
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
Addict
Addict
Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,304
I went through the whole installation again and haven't had one problem, seems to be working fine then.

------------------

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
Developer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Quote
quote:
Because the coding has changed quite a bit (command-wise), try putting it in as a fresh hack.

qasic



------------------
UBB Code Hacking @ pokegym.thedojo.com
Staff @ qasic.com

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10
~BumP~

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
To be honest with you I dont need HTML stuff as users cant change their usertext, only admins can. So I am just thinking of throwing in some code, but not other, I'll take a look if I can get it done when I get time...

------------------
Techguy
http://www.helpfromtechs.com

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
well I made a few changes but for some strange reason titles get set only for some accounts and not for others, on second modification all of them are erased... Weird..
Backups reloaded

------------------
Techguy
http://www.helpfromtechs.com

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
Developer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Can you tell me what commands you added or did not add? Thx.

------------------
UBB Code Hacking @ pokegym.thedojo.com
Staff @ qasic.com

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 47
I made all CPANEL4>CGI edits as you haver them, as well as a few minor modifications in ubbmisc.
the problem seems to be somewhere in cpanel4 modifications as this is the only script as I remember used for Administrative profile modification... btw The editprofile hack by Skalos works fine for custom title edits..

------------------
Techguy
http://www.helpfromtechs.com

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 51
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 51
Hey Qasic, your link to think hack at your site seems to be dead...just thought i would bring that up FYI. I can't seem to find a user selectable text area custom title anywhere for version 5.4x.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
He probably took all his V5 hacks down from his server.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 51
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 51
*is screwed*

oh well...I'll make do with all these spiffy ranks instead, thanks.^_^


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4570
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 27
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)