Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sorry for not asking the creators (borg_5x8, MasterMind, AllenAyres and Dark Templar) for permission before editing their nearly perfect hack, but my board has really demanding it. As people were spoiling videogames and movies. The hack is compatible with both Netscape 6, and Internet Explorer 5.5, I haven't tested with other browsers, but it should be compatible with them too.

This is my first attempt at a hack, though. So I don't know about compatibility, it works on 5.47e on a UNIX server. Also, there is room for improvement. I'm no graphics artist so the buttons could be nicer, and I'd love for a way to specify the color of the background/font, but don't know how to do variables in detail... so it does the text and the background in black. (not good if your default background for the posts is black.)

Basically the spoiler tag does the following. (
and
)

Code
code:

This makes your text hidden in a black box, and only visible when highlighted. Also note, that I installed this hack when the UBB Code Button one was already installed so it may be different for those of you who try to install it just as a new tag.

Download the zip, with the required images, files, and hacking instuctions HERE!

[ June 27, 2001 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Demon_200000 ]

Sponsored Links
Cool, I'll install it when I get my board back up.

Yay, a reply. Oh, and thanks. I don't know much about UBB ver 6, but if the Instant UBB Code isn't a hack, then I wonder if there is going to be an addon for it. It's missing features that the old one had. (Flash, sound, upload, etc.) Also, if whoever makes this addon would include my feature I'd be very happy. smile If the Instant UBB Code *is* a hack, then why the missing features? Just curious.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849