|
|
#45017
02/05/2001 10:11 PM
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12 |
This is something i think would be good. It certainly is something we need.
An accounts add on to allow you to enable users for restricted forums when they pay and then be disabled when there time runs out IE: 1 month, 12 Months etc.
I know that the first part can be done through the CP but what is needed is a way for that users access timing out on the specified date.
|
|
|
#45018
02/06/2001 4:44 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
|
|
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073 |
(Funny, MichaelF mentioned this to me yesterday... *L*)
This would require a seperate script for the time being - it's relatively easy to disable a profile. I believe there's an effort underway to create a pseudo-API for the memberfiles, but I don't have the URL to the thread with me at the moment.
UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
|
|
|
#45019
02/06/2001 7:26 PM
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12 |
Thanks.
I think something like this would be of use to a lot of people. Especially with big boards.
We currenty have just over 8500 members and when we introduce some pay forums i expect at least 3000 members to sign up for them.
|
|
|
#45020
02/06/2001 8:25 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 966
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 966 |
Interesting idea.. although I'm not sure I want to know what will be included inside the "pay" forums..
|
|
|
#45021
08/14/2003 12:27 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665 |
when I go to your website all I see is a VB board maybe your are asking your question at the wrong support forum 
Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
|
|
|
#45022
08/14/2003 12:54 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
|
|
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073 |
... the topic is over two years old, Charles. 
UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
|
|
|
#45023
08/14/2003 2:02 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665 |
this could be why he switched over to vb 
Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
|
|
|
Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.
Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
|
|
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
|
|
|
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
| |
Most Online151,614 Nov 14th, 2025
|
|
Currently Online 2578
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 3
|
|
|
|
|
|