Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Okay, I just thought of an idea. Has anyone thought of this already? Let's say I'm in a thread about 80s TV shows - amongst them comes one about Alf! Now, this guy named "Pagan" LOVES Alf BUT he's not taking part in this thread. Could someone come up with a hack/mod that would TAG a message for someone's viewing? Maybe have the system show an extra link once the user logs in called "Messages to You" or something. OR, maybe have the actual thread title have a little image next to it for that user only. What do you think? Is it possible?

[ February 07, 2001: Message edited by: Sal Collaziano ]

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
This sounds like a variant on something I tried to do earlier - "hidden" posts & threads, which could also be adapted for "full moderation", i.e. posts that would have to be approved by a moderator.

It is a very, very complex system... Not easy.

This would need to be a Module done after 6.0 is released and the Module creation guidelines have been constructed.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
I think it would be a nice option to have because let's say somewhere down the road this hack is being created. The title is completely different but you notice that I'm not part of the thread. You can FLAG it for me. Ya know? Well, I guess I can hope. smile Thanks...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63