Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Does any one know if theres any code which will pull in the 5 most recent topics for display on my sites homepage. I have seen it in action at http://www.sqlteam.com, but they use the Snitz ASP forum.

Sponsored Links
Hey, I am looking for that EXACT same thing. So that's two votes for this code. Anyone...anyone....?

thanks in advance.

Ive been hunting through old topics and i came across the active topic hack, I think thats the one we are both after. But the links to the source dont work, arggghhh! mad!, anyone, please!!

Kristian

CTH Offline
kristian,

The topic/mod u linked to is for UBB5.x

Sponsored Links
Yeah i was actually running v5 at the time, but i couldnt get it working outputing html so i upgraded to ersion 6 to try the actie topics hack but that mod dont hae an output to HTML feature yet.

no it does not output to html you have to call in into the html using SSI which there is speical instruction for in the Active Topics zip file or you might have an old one download the new one v1.8d i think

Yeah but im wanting to include it on my ASP home page, but i dont want to turn on parsing for SSI within ASP just for the one page because itll be a hugh resource drain. I wish i could do it myself but i tried n got nowhere, but then i know very little about Perl. Surely someone must have this in the pipeline, a hell of a lot of people choose pages other than shtml, and ive seen many people asking for it!

Please! Please! Please!

so i myself don't know enough perl either

Someone may be able to do this using a simple rehash of active topics, i tried but i know so little about perl that i couldnt do it.

If you strip out all the code that relates to the normal display options, and leave just the code that writes the headlines, and then at the point it would usually output the html to the browser, it instead writes it to a .html file on the server.

I got it doing that no problems, if i hit the active topic cgi script it would create the file and everything, but getting it to execute and update the html file when a user was posting a message was where i got stuck, it just kept saying unable to execute specified program. I was using the system command which i noticed was the way it was done in the old version 5 hack.

If anyone wants to take what i got and finish it off then please do, i dont want any credit, i just want recent topics displayed on my homepage, some credit should be given to Active Topic Author though because its that rehashed.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63