Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#47755 05/24/2001 8:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 32
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 32
Is there a way to make a topic keep at the top of a forum list even when other topics have been replied to?

Sometimes it is useful to make an announcement that is too long to put in above the forum listing.

I did try to search this site for one but can't find a mention - or am I being stupid? :rolleyes:

Also, (if anyone knows) is there any way to let people know they have a personal message other than a direct e-mail? It would be great to have a facility where something tells them if they have a message when they log on or if they are sent one while on-line. . .

Cheers laugh

Sponsored Links
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 22
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 22
Yup its called sticky threads but I dont beleive its been converted over to UBB 6 yet. I now its been used on 5 and its sweet!

I also agree about the notifying members of Private Messages. How about a javascript pop up saying they have a new message?

Ramprage

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
It is available for UBB5 but not for UBB6 I hope they will create it..

About the PM you can get a sound notifier for it I think..

[ May 26, 2001 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Lord Dexter ]


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 5263
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 5
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)