Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This suggestion is to see if any of the UBB coders out there can be interested in doing som modification coding to implement this gallery as a part of UBB.
I have spoken to Mike Bobbit, and he dont mind me posting this. As this not can be considered as a new separate hack, I guess any work with this will be done "in the background", and not disturbing Mike Bobbits topic in the "V6 mods in beta" forum.

Mike Bobbits Uploadable Photo Gallery uses a thumbnailgenerator that only work in windows OS.
In my search for finding a way to implement thumbnailgeneration in linux to Mike Bobbits Photo Gallery, i came over the Gallery 1.1

Gallery 1.1 has all the thumbnailgeneration things build in, and a lot of other nice futures.

What needs to be done, is making it interact with the UBB membersdatabase, perhaps with Who's Online, and so it can use the ubb style templates.
Almost EVERYTHING ELSE you can think of, the Gallery 1.1 has built in.

I counted 36 sample galleries listed on the creators webpage
They have a good FAQ page, and a mailinglist
Gallery 1.1 is also a project at Sourceforge.net

Some Gallery 1.1 Features
  • Built in search engine
  • You can create as many Galleries as you want
  • Cascading albums
  • Configuration of Gallery and administration of the photo albums is done entirely via an intuitive, web interface.
  • Administrator
  • Account configuratin:This is a special account that allows you to create other user accounts, create albums, and set album permissions.
  • Can contain pictures and movies
  • Uploading of photos, movies, and zip's containing bunch of photos
  • Highly configurable thumbnailgeneration
  • Edit the thumbnail.
  • Rotate your photo (in 90 degree increments)
  • Highlight a photo (pick a photo to represent the album in the main Gallery)
  • Reorder the photos in the album
  • Hide photos (so that they're only visible to the owner)
  • Delete photos
  • Gallery is now compatible with Nuke 5.0 as a Nuke module.
  • EXIF headers. Gallery displays the EXIF data embedded into images by most of the newer digital cameras.

...and a LOT OF OTHER FEATURES

Anyone interested in working this thing into integration with UBB?

Sponsored Links
Why integrate that into a UBB? Just make it it's own script. It would be ten times harder implenting it in the UBB. Plus, are you obssessed with makeing the hack makers lives MISERABLE? laugh tipsy laugh

hehehe....

I dont mean to integrate it completely. But so the script uses the memberdatabase for loginfunctions, permitions to upload and making albums etc.(My idea here is to let members make their own albums, and to get this feature, the Gallery script must understand who is a member and who is not, so the admin dont need to give each member permitions manually....could you imagine Allen configure permitions manually for 10.000 members?)
Next so it uses the UBB style templates, and possibly so Who's Online can follow the movement in the gallery too.

BTW, I dont want to make your lifes MISERABLE, I only making a lot of suggestions course I love to see my sig all over the place laugh

[ July 22, 2001 10:20 PM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]

I understand, if it is just using the member database then that makes it easy. But you still have to create the script. smile

quote:
Sure.... :rolleyes: laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63