Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51906 01/25/2002 10:12 AM
Ok,
I have just aquired a nice webmail program that I would love to intergrate with the message board.
Basically what I need is for someone to create something which will create a pop email account on a RaQ4 Unix server once a user registers on the message board.
This must have the same user name and password that the board assigns to them as well. Therefore when a user registers not only do they have access to post on the board but they also have an email account that they can use with the same details.
It will also need to check the current list of email accounts on the server for conflicts as I already have a lot of users with the custom email accounts that I have setup.
Ideally this will have to work upon their Publicly Dispayed Name and not their login name and if they decide to change their PDN their email address is changed as well.
Also working along side with the ban, hence if I select a user not being able to post on the board they also can't retreive their email as the pop account will be locked.
This would be an absolutly amazing hack as others who use dedicated servers would also be able to use the facility as well and it will just keep bringing users back to your sites. However I feel that the person who decides to take this on will have to know more about Linux than the message board as this will be server side.

I really hope this can be done as it would really be cool for my site.
Hope to hear from someone soon.

P.s. Just had another idea as well. Maybe the board could check the email account for new emails and display something on the board like the PM notification to say they have received new email.
I'm telling ya....this would be the best hack ever!

[ 01-25-2002 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Nokia666 ]

Sponsored Links
#51907 01/25/2002 11:00 AM
Ok, I have just spoken to the company that makes the webmail software and they say that it would be VERY easy to acheive this.
All that would need doing is for the registration form on the UBB to post the details to the webmail system and it would create the account automatically with the same details.

So what do you say? Anyone up for the task? Doesn't seem that difficult now for all you coders out there!

P.s. In case you need a look, I'm using the EMU email system from www.emumail.com with the WAP interface and the registration thing, so it creates accounts automatically and you dont need to create them manually.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63