Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#52080 02/07/2002 8:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm still hoping to find/build a solution to this problem, and I think it would be a very useful mod for many boards.

After spending lots of time in the UBB Style editor in the past few days tweaking my header and footer html, the mod seems even more important! smile

Basics:
Editing headers and footers in the Style Editor is a PITA! Each of my 13 regional forums uses a different header. Instead of placing the actual html code in the vars $header and $footer, why not pull it from a separate file?

In the style editor, instead of a horribly wrapped text area full of code, you'd just have a path/filename to call the header template. So when you edit your template, you just upload it and go back and refresh your forum to vew the change. No mucking about in the style editor at all.

Bonus: multiple users w/o CP access could edit the header/footer wrapper for their forum, if they have FTP access to the header/footer template dir... Or you could implement a CGI template editor that would allow them to update their header/footer through a browser.

I got started on this Mod and it's described in the following thread, which didn't seem to generate any interest. Any suggestions on how to complete this feature?
https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000505

Best regards,
Greg Stasko

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63