Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I run a VERY small UBB with only 10 dedicated members. Consequently, we use Daily Topics extensively to review the posts that are active everyday. One thing that's annoying, is that every time there's a multi-page thread on the Daily Topics page, when you click the thread name, you're brought to the first page of the thread.

A few of the threads are well known and become quite long and it requires the extra step after clicking into the topic, to click on the last page of the thread to get the new and juicy additions.

Is there a way to include the page numbers (which are already found on the thread list in each Forum) to the Daily topics page?

Is this a dumb idea?

Dirk

Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid -- Basil King
Sponsored Links
This is a very nice idea. Have you ever herd of the RETURN OF THE BLUE ARROW post on 6.1 that brongs you to the newest post. Ther emight be some line of code you can use in that to change witht the topic thing you are talking about. I am not that good with CGi but this is just an idea that you could be able to use if you no your html and cgi. hehe. Sorry that i couldnt help that much.

In talking to one of my users last night, he mentioned that rather than having the page numbers listed, clicking on the message should bring you to the newest message in the thread. This is clearly a much more elegant solution as evidenced by my not thinking of it.

Thanks,

Dirk

Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid -- Basil King
BT Offline
You should try the Latest Threads Mod, it will do what you want and is very configurable. I use it on 6.2.1.1 without any problems.

https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000077

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63