Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cjg
Hello,

I would like a hack or to at least know where exactly to go to remove the option for people to be invisible. I am seriously considering down-gradeing my UBB from 6.2 because of some ones not so bright idea of allowing people to hide. It is bad to have it so that there is no control via the control panel. I know that there is a hack that allows administrators to see the hidden visitors, but I do NOT want to install that hack.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Actually, in PNTF Admin, admins can see invisible users. You will see (invisible) behind their name. PNTF Admin is available in 6.2.1

search for

**********************delete it

in ubb_lib_misc.cgi and ubb_new_reply.cgi and ubb_new_topic.cgi and ultimatebb.cgi
**********************search for
-value => [$this_profile[0], $this_profile[1], $this_profile[15], $this_profile[21], $user_number, $this_profile[34]],
********replace by
-value => [$this_profile[0], $this_profile[1], $this_profile[15], $this_profile[21], $user_number, '0'],

**************in ubb_lib_2.cgi look for
$profile_stuff[4] = $profile[34]; # PNTF hidden value

********replace by
$profile_stuff[4] = '0'; # PNTF hidden value

This should do it for you:
quote:

in public_edit_profile.pl
**********search for

$vars_wordlets_pntf{pntf_regprofile_hide}

$vars_wordlets{no_option}

$vars_wordlets{yes_option}

$vars_wordlets_pntf{pntf_regprofile_hide}

$vars_wordlets{no_option}

$vars_wordlets{yes_option}

Content Queen
Content Queen
quote:
Originally posted by cjg:
I am seriously considering down-gradeing my UBB from 6.2 because of some ones not so bright idea of allowing people to hide.

We all have our opinions, and I disagree strongly with your viewpoint that it was dumb to allow people to "hide" while they are online.

At my site, I have a #1 best-selling author who would be absolutely bombarded if members knew she was online, surfing the boards.

I, myself, "hide" at almost all the boards I surf--even my own--because I like to be able to surf w/out interruptions. Case in point--whenever I don't hide on AOL, I get bombarded left & right with IMs.

If the "recent visitors" feature w/the UBB made people show themselves all the time, I'd have to give up this kind of messageboard.

All I can say is this: thank goodness for the network of hackers we have--so that we have so many options to work with. laugh

Sue
adwoff.com
cjg
Thank you to the two people who responded to my request.

Sponsored Links
cjg
Adwoff I didn't ask for your unwanted bull****.

I asked for assistance. If your not out to give it then shut to hell up. I really don't care that you wish to have your head rammed up your ass perminantly.

I request that the board adminstrator please delete the unwanted garbage from adwoff and preferably prevent him/her/it from spouting bull**** here again by BANNING it.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
All right, play nice please. We are here to help each other, not get in a pissing match! He got the solution he was looking for, either PNTF Admin or the code hack by wwb95. No need for the extra slamming of each other...

Hey mods, I think it's about time to wrap this one up before it gets outta hand.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:

I asked for assistance. If your not out to give it then shut to hell up. I really don't care that you wish to have your head rammed up your ass perminantly.

I request that the board adminstrator please delete the unwanted garbage from adwoff and preferably prevent him/her/it from spouting bull**** here again by BANNING it.

Wow, you are absolutely out of line.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:

I asked for assistance. If your not out to give it then shut to hell up. I really don't care that you wish to have your head rammed up your *** perminantly.

ADWOFF has the right to voice her opinion. All she said was that she disagrees with your viewpoint. She didn't say that what you said was dumb, she even said 'We all have our opinions'. If any post will be removed, it's yours.

quote:

man now that was very uncalled for. mad

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:

I agree... eejits get banned for stuff like this immediately. :rolleyes:

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63