Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#54835 11/26/2002 11:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
Junior Member
Happy Birthday nka
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
I want to make the group "Junior Members" become "Visitor" and it's will be given to all user by default (will always stay as "visitor" status!), the group "Members" become "Members" can be manualy added to poeple like Admin and Mod only for Members I want in this group!.

Why ?

I want to creat a group that can use avatar, acess certain members forums, ... and I don't want to make all the mod for EACH user each time I get a new members or I creat/modify something!

Someone can help me ? if you can understand smile


.:: nka ::.
Sponsored Links
#54836 12/05/2002 12:19 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
You can change the title for junior members to 'visitor' in the custom title page of your control panel. Is this what you mean?


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#54837 12/05/2002 12:20 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
Junior Member
Happy Birthday nka
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
already done. but for the members group, I want to add it manualy to member, not after a number of post (like the forums does now!)


.:: nka ::.
#54838 12/05/2002 12:28 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I see... hmmm... I think this is something being worked on for 6.5, tho I am not sure. Before then, you are looking for your titles/privileges to based on the decision of the admin, not the post count? Sounds interesting, maybe someone wil have some time to develop this, but I believe you are asking for pretty big overhaul of the member stuff. It might be as simple as creating a 'junior moderator'-type position tho and adding the level to the various permissions you want (avatars, forum access, etc...)


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#54839 12/05/2002 12:30 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
Junior Member
Happy Birthday nka
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 8
Quote
quote:
you are looking for your titles/privileges to based on the decision of the admin
exactly! I'll wait for that smile


.:: nka ::.
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 3947
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 9
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)