Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I would like to designate certain users as to having met a certain criteria (they must send in some forms for this application I am working on) ... currently once I receive the info I then grant them access to a private forum. What I would like to be able to do is place a small graphic beside their name in the public forums to denote their "elevated" status. I am picturing something along the lines of the "Birthday" hack that places the little BirthDay Cake next to your name. What is the easiest way to implement this, and would someone be so kind as to include the necessary code etc smile I considered using the custom title but that removes the user titles I have in place. I would like this to be in addition too the user/custom titles and not to exclude them. Keying off the Private Forum access seems like a possible verifier, but I really do not have any idea as to the mechanics of pulling this off.

Thanks for all you guys do!
Painfool

Sponsored Links
After reading thru the board it seems most people call this a "Donor" indicator. While there seems to be a need for something like this, the few references to making it work all seem to be incomplete enough that I don't have any real idea which will work with 6.3.1.1

If someone wouldn't mind maybe finishing up one of the threads they started on or could point me to something alittle more complete I (for one) would definently appreciate it! Thanks again!

Painfool

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
You could also use the Avatar system like UBBDev does. You disable avatars unless you assign them, then you can assign them Avatars denoting their elevated status.

I was hoping to just add a very small icon beside their name. The custom profile field looks the most promising, by then editing the template to insert it beside their name without a page break. Just not sure how to have it retrieve the info. I don't mind adding them manually since I have to grant the forum access anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63