Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#54976 12/18/2002 3:48 PM
I was looking around I have been using UBB's For awhile I am not really good at Developing my own Hacks so Someone Suggested I come here.

I use the 6.3.0 Version of ubb, and started adding some of the hacks that I have found here but noticed some things I would like to have changed..

Im ( Instint Messanger ): Can this be changed from an Aleart box to like an cgi or html pop up that will be like ubb version 5?
tells if they are online
And a field for their name and below it the text field for the message and it will popup when they get the message ?

In the Topic pages the buttons like | profile|Email|quote|edit how can you remove the space between them so that you can use images that connect, What file do I edit. ?

I used to go to a message board v6.05 they had something really Nifty, Avatar Drop Down and below it an URL field that you could add your own address to an image and it would auto- replace the avatar with it on topicpage Is that possible with the exiting avatar hack on 6.3.0 ?

Smilies hack: Has or is anyone making a hack for 6.3.0 like there was in 6.05 if so Please send me a PM if you find it or make it that would be very great.

User Titles: I like how they added that in as a defult in the new version but it needs more like in the hack for 6.05 is this possible.... I could very much need this. Thank you.

LongShot: Pmcenter like there was in 6.05 hack. I would like this so that there would be a forum for the Pms in the main Forum page that would be awsome is this at all in development ?

Little edit.... The moderator listing on main forum page how can you make it so that it goes from

Member1,Super
Nut
[-to-]
Member1,
Super Nut,
Ect
?
Is the hack for members to pick the Color Scheme still avilible ?

That is all. Thank you to the one or many that Answer these question to the best of their Knowlage.

Sorry one more: is there a members list hack that is for this version of ubb or is there one for another version that will work.

Agian Sorry for this becoming even longer but I thought of few more Ideals.

- Post#: Details like (8,0 posts per day) and something on that line.....
-what Call would I use to display the totalpost and totaltopic under regisitraedmembersline on main forum page.
-Mood hack.
-Date/Time hack that is on here for the formatting .
End.

Note: I have tryed the Advanced UBBCode hack and it had java script errors but other wise it worked however I need more then just color,center,size,font,Underline....
I want like Flash,X-ray,flip,Italics,And anything else you can dish up. Anyone can help me with that.

and if possible where can I find a MESSAGE ICON DROP DOWN that actually works correctly. the one in the beta section didnt work.

[--This will be added in some time--]
Sponsored Links
[BUMP]

New ideas:

1. Is it possible to use the online feature in the members list and add the icon like
Status: online or status: offline to public_topic_page.pl ?
that is all...... I can think of now.

[BUMP2]
Wow almost 2 days have gone by and no one can help, strange.

- Instant Messenger

- For the main links at the top, just look in public_common.pl in the templates directory for "sub MainButtonOptions", there the wordlets are self explainatory, just replace them with ''.

- Smilie Mod

- User Titles: i can't see anybody making a hack for this since it's already in. Sorry, but i don't see a point.

- PM Center: This hasn't been ported, but maybe the PM Folders Hack would be a replacement? wink

- Moderator Listing: I'm not sure what you mean by this, but you can edit how their listed by going into public_forum_summary.pl and looking for "if ($vars_display{ShowMods} ne 'no') {"

- Custom User Color

- Memberslist

- Mood Hack

- Post Per Day - Tho that is 6.2, it MAY work, but you should definitely create a backup before hacking.

- Total Posts/Forums: ah... to go straight into calling it and counting them one by one would be 'very bad', because these variables don't exist. But... have you tried the Stat Hack ?

- Flash UBBCODE: introducing these codes is a security risk and for some of the others as well, except for italics, obviously, but have you tried replying the topic or emailing the author?

- Online Feature: As for the memberlist, i do think that the memberlist has a online/offline picture, not for sure if it still has it. But as for putting it on the topic pages, that would definitely break the cache and run up your bandwidth. It's possible and all, but it just wouldn't be worth in on your server in the end.

I hope i answered all of your questions. You have find more hacks by searching the 6.3 Beta Mods Forum found on the summary page, or by using the search located on the right side bar or the link at the top. smile

What I was asking about the User titles is that it only gave you the min of options like the one for 6.05 you could set custom titles to different people like
12|!!|Cool guy
14|!!|Bad guy
Like that becuase then you can give admin a personal one and that.....

the Codes. well I do one some of them but the ones like italics that someone here made didnt even work at.... when you go and reply or new topic or poll the buttons had JAVA errors and it looks like they didnt work the hack that good. I tryed several times and it would install correctly.

but otherwise you answered most questions Thank you.

1 quick ones i forgot about..
is their a version of Moderator Drop down that would work on this I havnt attempted it yet but just wanted to know first.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63