Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28
I know it's been a while since this was brought up but I wonder if an LDAP authentication method would be in order for the new version of combined classic and threads versions.

I am not suggesting that the authentication method be abandoned but more so augmented. A flag in the CP to say this is the name of the LDAP directory to get authentication from. Most directories are available on port 389 (Unless it is encrypted) so it shouldn't be that difficult. (Meekly admitting I am not a programmer!!!). LDAP has its own query language that allows for foreign authentication. That's how Linux first got into Novell. Ofcourse admims had to turn on unencrypted passwords at the time but that has been fixed too.

I offer our forum as an internal service only at the moment (trying to go external) and would love nothing more than to manage a single user directory instead of the many I currently do.

thumbsup

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4613
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 10
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)