Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
u've all seen the OML forums, most have givin positive feedback, but something is just going on to the point where nobody likes my forums.

In October, the majority of the memberbase thought i was a "lock", but i didn't win. (BTW, the forums who won that month deserved it). january, same case, didn't win.

Bottom line? I wanna know why they "suck". i wanna know what u think makes them unable to stand at the top.....

this is mostly targeted to the admin and mods of ubbdev, and major hacker like alien and other spot winners, but all input is welcome.

http://www.oneminuteleft.com/mb.html
http://www.oneminuteleft.com/

------------------

This message has been edited by Dawg911 on January 29, 2001 at 02:09 AM

Sponsored Links
I think there nice, nice hack's, nice look.. good all around *in my oppinion..

now tell me why mine suck's, and why i cant win [Linked Image]

My Forums Page

------------------
EmceeArena.com FaceLifted

^ Gotta be the hottest designed Hip-Hop forum out!! smile peep it EmceeArena.com FaceLifted

Tap Offline
Gota remember how many fourms are out there....im sure thousands....yours is top 3 in my mind.

Jeeze...tell ya what? You can have my member spotlight if you JUST LET IT GO.

You've been complaining about it ever since Oct, and it flares up every month when they announce the new winners. All the sites that have won have deserved it because they are voted on by many people. Having taken part in voting one month, I can say it is fair and impartial.

Your forums are very nice, but there is no conspiracy, nor is the man trying to hold you down or anything silly like that.

------------------

a.k.a. Neal Ulen | Webmaster - GamerForums.Net | Senior Editor - Moviefan Online

This message has been edited by Thradar on January 29, 2001 at 02:15 PM

next month is ours dawg!

------------------
-= DFT =-
I don mean dis in a disrespectful way//
But colombine happens in the ghetto happens every day//
Uncle L

Sponsored Links
thanx a lot tap, and 411, u bet.

thrader, u were probly the most deserving member of yet. i love yer forums. i just can't understand why i don't win. i have an amazing memberbase, the website itself is full of content, it brings an entirely new unique look too emulation. and many say my forums are some of the best.

i still say soup, moviefan and 411 are better, but still. argh. [Linked Image]

and thrader, it hasn't come up every month because i've only entered 2 times. [Linked Image]

------------------

To me, you have a great site, but with all the complining since the announcements, you are virtually insuring you will never have a chance to win.

Besides, planet plastica is better [Linked Image]

------------------
Duke

Duke

"Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
Guys see my input to this as felow ubb user and not as a moderator here.

If you think your site is the best there is something wrong with you [Linked Image]
If people thinks they have already best thing (can be everything it is not necessary to be a Ubb board) they cant improve more those things.

Thus in my opinion, see for yourself what could be improved, and go on with it.

Hesitate or thinking about being the best, is not such a good thing...

Again those where SpAwN's 2 stinky cents...

------------------

Hell Fighter !
nstalled mods on my boardFONT c>FONT f>FONT s>
(82 Mods total)

i never said mine were the best. there are better. but when u have guys like alien (the BEST ubb developer out there) and 411 telling u u should have won or that your forums are just "that" good, it's hard not too get discouraged

------------------

i happen to be vice president of 411hype and dawg jus chill & max yo, dis shyt aint gonna kill ya..we kno your shyt is tight , you kno your shyt is tight , you jus gotta keep submitin your forum & im sho your bound to win, think about it tho, so many tight sites its hard to choose.

~1~

------------------
Ѓ†–HÄ££–M16

DFT Hiphop Nation

Sponsored Links
i know man, i'm not too worried.

like i said. OML and 411 in Febuary

------------------

Just a few thoughts...

Firstly, Supa, I'm far from the best developer out there. Appreciate the kind words, however.

Second, 411hype.com - I wasn't going to say anything unless they were actually chosen as a winner. I was going to remain silent since I've come to an agreement with the designer of the forums involving a copyright matter.

However, involving himself in this thread as well as:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000060.html

to the degree that he has I feel is 'bad form', and prompts a response from me.

You'll notice a thank you to our site at the bottom of every forum page on 411hype.com. This used to boldly quote my exact copyright message found on our site (Design, Layout, and Original Content).

As you can see, this has since been changed and because they used several dozen design & layout ideas (including icons specifically designed FOR Alien Soup) found on our site and admitted so. If this is in question, I can name every one over the past few months (from various incarnations of Alien Soup/411hype), since this isn't the first time things were directly copied from A.S.

This is stated not to start a site war, but to bring this to light and clarify MY position since I've been mentioned several times in these 2 threads. There are many talented people over at 411hype.com (html guys, and graphics which you can't see right now because their main page is currently offline), however the forums area clearly didn't recieve a creative spin to the degree of the rest of the site. I was never asked in advance if taking anything were okay. Many people from here ask if they can take anything and 9/10 times I say it is fine.

I am known as quite a patient fellow, and bringing up such stuff is far from frequent with me. However, responses such as:

"ive entered right from the beginning and this time i really thought i would win....i spent a whole 2 months perfecting things and still not one nice job or anything EXCEPT DAWG911..."

...prompted me to respond. Thank you for listening to my banter... [Linked Image]

------------------

Visit Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi

Administrator / WTF.com / IWantMy80s.com
http://www.wtf.com
http://www.iwantmy80s.com
i know yer banter is valid, so it was no iddue to read it. [Linked Image]

------------------

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Ruben Rocha
Ruben Rocha
Lutz,FL,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63