Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator / Template Diva
In the past few months, we have received several submissions for the Member Spotlight Contest that have been disqualified.

At this time, I would like to make it clear that any site that removes the Infopop copyright, makes it invisible, or alters it in any way, shape, or form, will be immediately disqualified from the contest. We also report these boards to Infopop for license infringement.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
You can really scare people like that. tipsy But yeah thats a good rule Skorp. smile

Addict
Addict
It's not a rule, it's basically like the law. The copyright must be intact and visible at all times.

Makes it even scarier. eek. *Sees Copyright on his forum*

Ok I have e-mailed you about the error on our forum eek as it was an error on my part ( as the designer ) this a.m. trying to upgrade whose online from 3.8a to 3.9a. This is what happened - First off about 2 weeks ago after a failed compact footers install left me with a modified public_common.pl, I had to back track to unstall it after it horribly dis-figured our forums. It took me a bit of time to fix it, after several cursed hours, viola, following the instructions in reverse..... Ofcourse I couldn't find the area to add the copyright info so I had to install a fresh public_common.pl page and re-edit that( Which took 3 days to fix due to work ). No back-up of the proper page was made. Only the error'd public_common.pl page remained. This morning :rolleyes: I upgraded whose online. I accidently erased a sub-routine in my modding, and had to go back through my files to restore the original document. Unfortunately thats where the error'd public_common.pl was re-uploaded ( which naturally is not altered in whose online, but with my amazing redundant filing happened to be there ) and viola, presto no copyright text. At any rate, I just want you to know that its as simple as that, a simply complex error of in-experience and not a conspiracy to break the law...
Incidently the error has been corrected, and we respectfully hope you'll *STILL* consider us, but will accept your judgement accordingly as rules are rules, and ignorance is not an exscuse. Thanks for your time and considerations!

Warlord
Gameterror Designer.
http://www.gameterror.net

PS - The upgrade from 3.8a to 3.9a was otherwise successful a loud thanks to Qasic for his help!

[ June 17, 2001 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Warlord ]

..These are the pail myths which men miscall their lives...
Sponsored Links
Hmm..I'm sure they can forgive you for that, Well hopefully. At least you have a reason. smile

I got scared when I read Disqualification ... laugh

Warlord:
Thank you for the explanation. I'm glad it's been cleared up now. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow you back into the contest this month. Most of the voting has already taken place, and it simply wouldn't be fair to your site to add it in now.

However, please feel free to submit your site next month... we won't count this against you. smile

Everyone else:
Just a note that we also disqualify boards that contain warez, links to warez, or forums about warez. At UBBDev, we do not support warez sites of any kind, and any such entrants will be automatically disqualified from the current and any future contests.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Ok thanks Skorp laugh I'm not too concerned about not making this round, and appreciate the fact + effort you all make to keep everything legit and on the up and up.
However we'll be back next round and hopefully avoid such fatal flaws eek as this has been a learning experience.

..These are the pail myths which men miscall their lives...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63