Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Right now it is not a 100 percent complete; to our satisfaction, we have 2 major additions to be done along with some graphic cleanups and upgrades.

However, I feel that it is worth showing among the great UBB boards, I have noticed on this showcase forum. The team that has done the work in our guild are-
1.Nightgrave( coding/layout)
2. Psychotic( artwork/flash).

We are very proud of the work done so far

There many custom features(not seen or attempted before) done on our board, including a couple that are being worked on as we speak. We would greatly appreciate your comments , but keep in mind its still needs to be fine tuned.
URL LISTED BELOW!
http://www.hel-guild.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi -An online gaming guild.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Asmo ]

Sponsored Links
Thats just horrible :rolleyes: frown

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
LOL, I presume your kidding..

If ure not, thank you for taking the time to view it and replying.

Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Whoever Psychotic is, he's a freaking great artist! I love the graphics! laugh laugh Looks kinda like something I saw on Deviantart once...

As far as the UBB itself goes, it looks pretty stock save one or two hacks and a couple custom table mods. Granted, I'm all for custom table mods wink , but they don't seem all that major. Mayber you've got more hacks that I'm seeing hidden around somewhere, in which case sweet deal.

There's also some weird table rendering problems on that top one that has the memberline and login links, odd heights and weird blank spaces and such. It doesn't really match the main table either, imho. Seems like it's just sticking out there floating around looking confused or something.

At any rate, you've still got a great looking forum, whether it's very hacked or not. Nice job, give my congrats to whoever designed it. laugh

---Skorpion

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
that is friggin awesome! your graphic designer is a beast!! eek

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
The flashes make the site too slow for my ol' 350MHz and the hyperlink color is too dark.

However I also like the graphics, good job smile

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
The tables and many more small cleanups are needed, plus more graphic enhancements( category customized, blah blah). We are just working out the layout first, then starts clean up. smile

Excellent comments and I appreciate the input. You however mentioned about more mods. Can I ask you what mods would you like to see. After reading some of your comments on other posts, I gather we are somewhat of the same thinking.. less is better in some ways. I would like to get some input from you guys as to what mods would look good if added.

Right now we have 3 custom mods.( besides borrowed mods from here;about 6-7)
1. Region Hack- We have players in Europe and US. The european division wanted separate forums. So night created a way when you register or thru your 'My profile'you have the option to view all forums (less priavte forums;private forum hack is on) or simply only visit european forums.

2. I not sure if this was attempted here before , but each forum has its own annoucemnets within the forum.

3. New Calender hack- This is about 80 percent complete, it is not like the ones here.. I will be sure to let you guys know when its done. Actuall calender gets displayed on the forum ...with lots of gooodies.

Our board is designed and colored to flow with the rest of the site.Nightgrave made our layout in such a way , that people who bookmark the board , can access all the sites features directly from the nav bar-hence user friendly( thats was important for us)

If you like you can visit it.. www.hel-guild.com. The intro has a warning ( so plz read it) and ends in a blank page after the intro is done( have to updated to the new link) , but just come back and hit skip intro the nest time.

I eagerly await your ideas... thank you for taking the time to evaluate the board.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Asmo ]

Kahuna
Kahuna
My only complaint is that it took *forever* to load on my 56K, and even after it did it seemed to be a tad bit laggy.

But other than that, good job. smile

.::First place winner in the June 2001 Member Spotlight ::.
.::Zelda Xtreme::.
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I am sorry frown . The board is for online gamers and as such we know gamers have high end conns and puters. 99 percent of folks in there have DSL/Cable with the latest graphic cards. That goes for the entire site... if you dont have a good card or a broadband conn... it plays havoc on ya smile

In other words the board/site was designed with our membership in mind who play highly intensive graphically enhanced games.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
P.S Guy.. we are gonna change some bits to flash so that it becomes less laggy for you.. but load times should be fine , if ure not on 56k laugh

Sponsored Links
Sweet-@$$ board!! Good job! Or who ever did it!

ummm... WOW! Dude, you board and your site are awesome! You have freakin professional designers on your hands smile Mind if I "borrow" them? lol.

I'm not really back. I went away again.
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Tnx for the great positive feedback guys. I shall await skorpion's reply. Your comments are valued.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Incredible board, Asmo!

RTJ Offline
WOW, all i can say is WOW. u said it was designed with games who have DSL and cable, more like people with T3s! lol, the site took absolutle age on my little old 56k! oh well, it was worth the wait.

cant stop, must stare, cant stop must stare . . .

i think this is simply the best site around town..

Asmo, did i tell you, you look beautiful?

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
tnx once again for the great response.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
As promised earlier , our calender mod is up- it's a totally new mod . REMEMBER it not complete- we have graphic enhancemnets, borders, skinning, functional changes etc to be done to it. But you can see what we are doing with it.

Nightgrave is the one doing a whole set of new codes /mod for this feature. Some of the goodies that one does not see are:

There are 3 levels of posts
Global
Forum
Personal

An admin can create global events, everyone can read
a Moderator can create forumlevel posts. If you can read the forum you can see the event
anyone can create personal events, only you can see them

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Asmo ]

nice! Looks like Geiger

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63