Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 75
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 75
Well ive been slowly redesigning the site, and am about 50% done or so. I think im liking my progress so far and although I have alot of work left, i would just like to see everyone opinion. Thanks in advance!

http://nystreetracing.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Sponsored Links
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
Lookin' cute!! But....

1. I think the link/vlink/alink colors should be lighter.

2. I'm not a big fan of these lightbulbs wink

3. I don't like that bar in topic page with profile, email, edit, etc..

4. I don't think you should say 'Click here to post a New Topic/Reply'.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 74
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 74
looks cool, except your "FAQ" and "Active Topics" links at the top aren't white like all the others. Also if you're going to stick with the mouse over effects like you have them on those links now, you might want to fix the small blue vertical line that doesn't change on the "Profile" link. LK has some good points, too. Other than that, nice job so far and good luck with the rest! smile

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
wow... you're forum look a lot better then I remember from before.

You need a matching "Poll" button. Also add it to your template for the top of the forum... it's missing in you Polls forum. wink

Nice colors and easy to look at.

Good job.

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,211
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,211
The site looks a little different in Opera than it does in IE, but nothing really major. The margins are a bit different, and your background image repeats differently.

Sponsored Links
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 31
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 31
That looks pretty kewl
I quite like that bar at the top... But you must make it smaller in width, and mkae the mouseover hyperlinked (like a hypercell.,.. Then you could even consider installing the hypercell hack)
That's just my view though

- Joker


[overcrook.8bit.co.uk]
Overcrook Sk8boarding Team: HeX Video Coming Soon
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 794
Content Queen
Content Queen
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 794
I like most of the site's design, but one of my big peeves is when a screen is too wide for my monitor! eek

I think yours may be wider than most monitors (I'm working off of a 17 inch monitor right now) because of your banner at the top.


Sue
adwoff.com
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 7
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 7
What he ^^ said.

I run two 800*1170 windows side by side on a 19".
Don't make me scroll sideways. It makes the hair on my back stand up, and that can be dangerous!

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
quote:
Originally posted by sleKsQuared:
What he ^^ said.

I run two 800*1170 windows side by side on a 19".
Don't make me scroll sideways. It makes the hair on my back stand up, and that can be dangerous!

She wink

laugh

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 7
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 7
Ooops! shocked

me == adversely _affected_by_stereotypes

Sponsored Links
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 166
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 166
Looks good, except for two things:

1. Make your links a different color or underline them. Right now they look identical to the regular text.

2. What everyone else said. Fix the top banner so that it fits in an 800 (and maybe even smaller) pixels wide resolution. laugh

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 51
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 51
If I were you, I would've change the bar saying Forum / Last Post / Moderator etc..
I would've set it above the forums and not above the Recent visitors table..


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4697
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 4
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)