Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
the icon can be viewed at this url: http://www.geocities.com/mdz61384/home.gif

could you (or anyone for that matter) make me the same icon but change the colors: the white part to red and the door, roof and chimney to black or dark grey? Please?

Could you send this to [email protected] when you are finished?

[ March 13, 2001: Message edited by: Zeek ]

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Got a Geocities File Not Found error on that one.

You know, you can probably do it yourself in MS Paint just as easily. It's really not that hard, and shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes. It's not rocket science or anything.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
got a 404 error here as well.

but, why would we send it to you via email when we have this board? that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of a message board, wouldn't you say?

yea geocities has recently installed a gay script where you cannot have a referrer or post geocities files on any other site! but anyways to view it just open a new window, before it goes to your home pg stop it and then post the url in. smile

Old Hand
Old Hand
Here you go Zeek:

[Linked Image]

Remember all my images and modified images are "free range" images. Free for all.

Sponsored Links
you guys are right, I don't know why I said that really

I didn't see a lot of posts on here the past few days so I assumed my post would be slow to get to and I would get no kind-hearted souls who would do a good deed for a friend. BOY WAS I WRONG! (and I"m glad I am too) It looks wonderful Stilgar, I am speechless right now. Thank you so much! I really, really appreciate it. For people who don't have nearly the graphics arts skills as you guys do, it is nice to know that there are people who would help an annonomous friend out laugh

I have paint, in fact I do some image editing myself (and banner creation) on fireworks 3. though I received it without the manual so I had to learn myself

true I could do it on either of those, but I don't know how to recreate the shadow-type effects or make it look as professional as Stilgar has so generously done for me. That is why.

geocities is gay for doing that. all my images for my board were on there. imagine my suprise when I came to the board and it was flooded with *%$&@#! x's!

lol tipsy

thanks again laugh

[ March 13, 2001: Message edited by: Zeek ]

Heres a tip, if you have a house icon like that or a similar icon that you want to change the colors of, just pick a limited palette of colors, like 5-6 that you want to make your new image of, and zoom in close on the icon, switch the colors the same way they are in the original icon, ie replace the palest color with your palest, and so on. Even easier if you have a set of graphics that are similar, because you already have the colors that you'll need to use. Bingo, one perfectly shaded image in new colors

Addict
Addict
One of my friends figured out a way to view Geocities images. Instead of the www in the prefix, replace it with fp like this:
http://fp.geocities.com/mdz61384/home.gif - [Linked Image]

Guess Geocities aren't too smart after all tipsy

Nice, GoTo! Of course, don't publicize that too much. If it leaks to too many people and everyone starts exploiting it, they'll figure it out and patch it.

It would be so much easier on all of us if they'd just stop this stupid charade and let us leech their images. wink

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849