Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hey all ~ I'd like to share my website with you guys. I'd also like to hear your opinions and constructive criticism. Since I'm referring to my home page I didn't post this in the UBB Forum.

After some feedback I will hopefully have a better Idea of how to incorperate my forum into my site.

Thanks for your time and if you like my site, check back often. We have new content regularly. Inhouse reviews are subject to funding delays... laugh

Marz

[ February 28, 2001: Message edited by: Stilgar ]

Sponsored Links
Nice site and cool content but it seems kind of cluttered but I am a newbie so you can smack me around if you want lol tipsy

Oh yeah and that is a real nice banner smile

If I were you I'd paginate a lil better, get yourself a news publisher script or something, because your page is 8 screens long.. Max, imo, should be 3.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Thanks for the input guys!

Wildcat: The banner is a sore subject for me. It will most likely be dissapearing all together in my next style change. If you really did see it you're using IE and that's ok, but I know you can't see it with any other browser.

Lucia: Less news on the main page? Not a bad idea. We are using NewsPro, we just get a lot of content per week, sometimes. If you find the ammount of news on the main page overkill, then don't venture into the Archive. :rolleyes: *makes note to self: Seperate Archive by Month... soon*

Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
anyone?

Yeah, theres a lot of stuff there, I would suggest only displaying a couple days worth of news if you get a lot.. and giving a link to somewhere where people can view the entire week if necessary.. I just felt it was a REALLY long page, and I wouldn't bother to go all the way down to the bottom..

An alternative would be just headline and byline per story.. I don't use newspro on my site, I use News Publisher GW Scripts available here, that I find very good, easy to use etc..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63