|
|
#68271
03/16/2001 2:00 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 594
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 594 |
jeremiah
|
|
|
#68272
03/16/2001 3:52 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940
Developer
|
|
Developer
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,940 |
I really doubt if they'll really succeed in court - I've been using it WAY before they had a claim to it  Still, it's utterly stupid AND ridculous and even if they decided to start sueing people, I'm sure their company would plummet - period. q
|
|
|
#68273
03/16/2001 4:19 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285 |
well, they really got a patent on it. They are using this as an example of how idiotic the Patent Office is. They say they won't enforce their right to it. It's all a joke except for the fact that they own it. :rolleyes:
|
|
|
#68274
03/16/2001 4:47 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 226
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 226 |
I read an article that says they intended the press release as a joke. They never thought they really would get the patent.
Amy
|
|
|
#68275
03/17/2001 1:20 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080 Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
|
|
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080 Likes: 3 |
It's a joke... read the fine print:
"Articles and items appearing in our "Recent Spin" are satirical and are not intended to be an accurate portrayal of the persons, companies or events depicted within them."
|
|
|
#68276
03/17/2001 4:51 AM
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222 |
Does that mean I cannot trademark :navaho: ? Bummer there. 
Picture perfect penmanship here.
|
|
|
Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.
Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
|
|
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
|
|
|
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
| |
Most Online151,614 Nov 14th, 2025
|
|
Currently Online 3947
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 9
|
|
|
|
|
|