Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
EN
I want to downgrade to the latest v5 of UBB...is there anyway I can do this?

My reason for doing this is because I have to upgrade to vBulliten and there is no way I can import the posts (i can import users from version 6 using the built in import utility, but i need to impor the posts as well).

I diddn't really know where to post this, so I posted it here....

Thanks for anny help laugh

Sponsored Links
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
Oh yeah, we'll help you downgrade so that you can easily switch to a competitor. yeah that might happen.

If you want to switch to vb, you'll have to get help from the vb people.

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
EN
jeez, excuse me....

This is a UBB related problem, not a vB problem. It's a simple question, and what do you lose if i switch? My licence is running out, and I can't afford a renewal.

Stop acting like a child, i was asking for help, not a flame.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
What exactly would be the problem of starting over on vB, anyway? You only have 10 members and 363 posts, as of 7:38pm Central Time. And I do agree w/Mark - ask at vbulletin.com for help with vB.

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: Matt Jacob ]

EN
quote:
well, there are some important posts there that I want to save....

thanks for the help. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Tsk tsk, you might have got some help if you hadn't told us your reasoning.

I agree with the guys above, ask vbulletin for some help, you're switching to their software.

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan868 ]

This is the designed behavior.
EN
quote:
that is such a stupid reason for not helping...thanks again

I'll never understand some people when it comes to arguing software... :rolleyes:

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
No problem. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just curious though, why do you want to switch to vB?

You're UBB6 is looking great, IMO.

This is the designed behavior.
EN
Bryan, thanks for the compliment.

It's not that I HATE UBB, but I simply wish to switch to vB because IMHO (its my OPINION) vB has more features and for me would be easier to customise...no offense was intended to anyone, I was just looking for help, and I though what better of a place to look for ubb HEL p then here at UBBDEV, where everyone has been so nice when i needed them. laugh (apologies to the previous remarks, I flew off the handle and I apologise).

Sponsored Links
OOPS! If you didnt catch what I said before, tough!!! wink

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: MasterMind ]

quote:
Part of the reason people switch to vB is the attitude of the people that post on sites like this. You mention vB around here and you're lucky if you don't get flame-roasted. You mention UBB on the vB support forums there are fifty people clamoring to help you, even if you are asking about something that has nothing to do with switching to vB.

Not to mention, I'm glad you don't take this personally or anything. :rolleyes: Like your future livelyhood depends on the UBB's success. People have different reasons for choosing the vB over the UBB or vice-versa. It's just people's choice. I'd rather have two choices than one.

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: tubedogg ]

P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
However this is a UBB site (check out the url of you don't believe me). It's dedicated to ubb, and a lot of people here have very close ties to UBB and INfopop.

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
Addict
Addict
You know somethin, we do have close ties with IP. It stems from a long time working togther on it in one way or another. And the atmosphere that effort has created can, and will be envied, why else would so many VB'rs be here trying to find information tips etc. Whether you are or not, that is the plot you stepped into. We've watched UBB grow, had a say in it's evoluiton and will take it personally. We've invested many years in it, and that isn't given up easily. I go back 4 years myself.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
I remember back to MY early days. I do have close ties with IP and i DO take it personally.

Developer
Developer
vB is a very large community - I'm sure you may find help there.

Frankly, I don't know why you would ask here - just doesn't seem logical. For example, if I wanted to know how to open a Microsoft Word file on Wordperfect, I wouldn't ask Microsoft, I would ask Corel.

I have a lot respect for the vB community. But this question is best reserved for the vB forums, not here.

q

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Got to agree with the guys here... and I do read the vB forums, someone asking the same question in reverse over there would be flayed alive.... most are nice guys, but they almost all are strongly anti-IP. We won't be able to help you.. for more info check Ted's .sig over at IP. wink

Any of the guys will bend over backwards here for ubb development questions, but not to help you switch to another software, we just don't see the logic in it... I am sure they'll eventually get around to making the script themselves.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63