Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Or are they? smile

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Fish
Moderator / Fish
well, I won't give my real opinion of that on risk of offending people/starting flame wars smile

but...if you're a Libral Christian, then you just take the morals from the storys- rather than taking them literally.

[ May 15, 2001 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Sally ]

look in Job

Moderator / Template Diva
My theory is, the Bible says the Earth was created in six days, but it doesn't say six days by whose measurement. The days by God's measurement may be millions of years down here, so maybe the dinos were just included in the day where all the animals got created.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
I was just about to post that... like Skorpion said, a day in God's eyes could be millions or billions of years down here....

Sponsored Links
quote:
But in the rest of the Bible, a day refers to a day. Why would it be different? And why can't you simply accept what it says? "God created the earth in 7 days"

Personally, I believe a lot of the Bible is not meant to be taken literally. Not necessarily the histories, but stuff like the parables, prophecies, Revelation, etc. For example, Jesus said that you should forgive your brother seventy-times-seven times. But did he mean that you shouldn't forgive him on the seventy-first time he does something? No, he meant that to be an infinite number. And the number 1000 was also used to express infinity or something very close to it. I honestly believe that most of the subject of the book of Revelation has already occurred, and we are currently living out the rest of it.

Hmmm, this topic should get rather interesting... Anyone else up for some good religious debate and theory? laugh

---Skorpion

really? how come the Christians are still here????

tipsy

Why isn't any T-Rex with a size of a 8 story building and Raptor (claim to be very intelligent) running around eating people or terrorising the villages??

They are so vicious accourding to historian.

I guess they probably censored out all the violent scene. laugh

I'm a christian myself but it just that this issue has been in my mind since 12 years old. And yes I believe in him (GOD). smile I hope to find answers in this thread.

It depends on where "here" refers too...

The way I look at it, Revelation refers to a certain war that occurred in Rome a little while after John experienced the Revelation, and the time after that war. During said war, for no apparent reason the opponents of Rome retreated. The Christians of that time recognized this, and immediately left to hide in the surrounding mountains. They accounted for about 50% of the population, hence, one person (the Christian) will be taken away while his friend (the Roman) will be left standing. Sure enough, a few days later the enemy returned with tons more soldiers and ripped Rome a new one. But the Christians were safe up in the hills because they'd gotten out earlier.

There are several similarities between the city of Rome and the surrounding area, and certain parts of the prophecies of Revelation.

And the thousand year (infinite) reign of Christ refers to what happened after that big war, when the Catholic Church (and now Christianity in general) became a major player in the religious spectrum.

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Because dinosaurs were not living in the same period as human beings... It's all based on the convo about how God created Earth in 6 days. If you believe it is really more like a million years = a day, than this explains your question, but if you believe it happened in the time period we call a day and wouldn't make sense to you...

so who was the antichrist? tipsy

I dunno... but I think I found out who is king.

SVX
=====================
my board is just too stock to even bother you with a link to it, so I decided to give you a long drawn out explanation why. laugh

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
quote:
It was capps.

Just a thought smile

I don't remember the guy's name. I haven't read the books on that for quite awhile. I'm wanting to say Nero, but that sounds wrong... it was whoever was the Roman emperor at that time. He was a guy who liked to go around killing Christians like it was going out of style.

And in other news, as I typed the above paragraph just now, I finally figured out why the Nero CD-RW program is named that... heh, Nero Burning Rom / Nero who burnt Rome... funny... shocked

---Skorpion

Member / CodeFixer
Member / CodeFixer
quote:
bill gates

quote:
Hahaha wink

quote:
Err... but then, when was the rapture? tipsy

And I don't remember Nero dying and coming back to life tipsy

quote:
That was the rapture... the Christians were called up to the mountains and the non-believers were left to suffer their fate.

As for the dying and coming back to life thing, I don't remember how that worked exactly - I haven't read those books in awhile. And like I said, I don't think it was Nero. I do remember he demanded that his subjects call him Lord [Name] as a big insult to the Christians' practise of referring to God as Lord. That's where the part about him presuming to be God comes in. (He was the first person to do that - it later became a big tradition in feudalism and similar social/gov't styles.)

---Skorpion

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
just thought i'd add that nero burning rom is a great program, and it's even better when you have a plexwriter 12/10/32a. laugh

well, what about the treaty with Israel?

Its getting a bit off topic now, don't you think?

The way I see things, I probably should be considered a god, so I could very well have created dinosaurs in a past life.

- DB

God is weak......I'll elaborate if you guys wish me to....

John, you're persistent, arencha? wink I don't remember how that worked. I give up. You win. But I stand by my beliefs. wink

---Skorpion

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
quote:
Because the bible is a small book, and dinosaurs were massive reptiles. The logistics were impossible.

Just a thought smile

LOL tipsy

That is really funny. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63