Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#76776 09/12/2001 4:50 PM
Member / CodeFixer
Member / CodeFixer
quote:
We are but in the same token the terrorist who orchestrated this attack must be stopped as well.

Sponsored Links
#76777 09/12/2001 4:53 PM
Member / CodeFixer
Member / CodeFixer
quote:
Not all of them had small knives. They had shaving kits with and home made knives with plastic handles and razors as well as box-cutters.

#76778 09/12/2001 6:26 PM
quote:
True.

#76779 09/12/2001 6:52 PM
[Linked Image]

Hehehe this is what the buildings should look like when/if they rebuild them.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: RANCH4x4 ]

#76780 09/12/2001 6:58 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
Nice, RANCH4X4!!! The Statue of Liberty is our beacon of freedom, and the World Trade Center II is our beacon of "Screw you, stupid terrorists!"

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
#76781 09/12/2001 7:36 PM
LOL!!!

#76782 09/12/2001 7:47 PM
I also think we should have guns at the top to blow the people who try to do it again.. smile

#76783 09/12/2001 8:07 PM
we arent rebuilding it over the other one, we are moving it farther down in manhattan the site will be a memorial. shocked

#76784 09/12/2001 8:20 PM
LK, Why? Don't they have the right to defend their country? No one and I say no one from these groups has attempted to attack civilians.

#76785 09/12/2001 9:04 PM
Seriously? Oh... Well still have three buildings with the middle one much bigger.

Sponsored Links
#76786 09/12/2001 9:14 PM
Ben Ladin is going to pay. You can not judge on the whole religion just because a mad man had done this trajedy.

#76787 09/12/2001 9:22 PM
Kahuna
Kahuna
lol @ RANCH4x4

.::First place winner in the June 2001 Member Spotlight ::.
.::Zelda Xtreme::.
#76788 09/12/2001 10:25 PM
When's the last time something has happened like this to other countries?? Try for the last 50 plus years in Palestine. By the jews! Who was suppling weapons to Israel? America. America was contributing to over 1,000,000 deaths of Palestinians in the past 25 plus years, not to mention the many more innocent people in the 25 to plus years before that.

Does America celebrate the death of Palestinians, they sure do. Not as blantantly as the Palestinians and Muslims did, but nonetheless they do, everyday.

Now that America experiences a horrid day of tragedy, the ones who got picked on by America and slaughter for 50 years. Of Millions of Millions of innocent palestinians. It is sad in any country to see what happened yesterday. It makes my heart bleed.

But please don't be ignorant, biased Americans who go by what the American media feeds you. Be knowledged before you use 'Palestinians' as scapegoats or as guilty parties..

Thank you.

#76789 09/12/2001 10:36 PM
You're kidding right?

Not once in my life have I celebrated the death of a Palestinian. Not once has my family, or anyone I know celebrated the death of a palestinian. No one is claiming they did it. We know they didn't do it. What hurts us is that they are celebrating the death of thousands of humans. Notice I said humans, not Americans. It's their ignorance that we hate.

bin Laden will pay for his actions, greatly.

#76790 09/12/2001 10:50 PM
Bin Laden lives for Terrorisim. It's funny how Americans think he will be destroyed. I in no way condone what happened yesterday whoever did it.

But don't overlook local milita groups, don't forget what happened in Oklahoma City.

Or the Japanese (the recent accidental jet bombing)

or many other groups.

Bin Laden is very very intelligent when it comes to this type of situation. I can almost guarantee he will be unharmed for many and many of years to come. Sad to say, but true.

I am not anti-american, just giving you light from the other side of the mountain.

#76791 09/12/2001 11:03 PM
I just heard that the plane that crashed in Pennsylvaniam, the people on the plane figured out what was going on and rushed the terriosts and the pilots causing the plane to fall. Well, it is going to be hectic to fly from now on. Some of the stuff that will change the way we fly. Right now no more curb side check in and such.. WOW!!!

Another thing ihead was that the hijackers told the people that if they were to get up, they had a bomb in the a briefcase and would blow it up. I only think why would the hi-jackers hi jack a plane and if anyone moves just blow it up. That would defeat the whole purpose. They also have some leads. I think we are getting along.

#76792 09/13/2001 2:16 AM
quote:
LOL, Yeah this whole thing is like a Movie anyway so people keep thinking they left clues.

quote:
Yeah that might be the reason, or it's just a coincodence somebody picked up.

Anyway didn't they figure out who some of the hijackers were? (2 of them I think, from Saudi Arabia)

#76793 09/13/2001 3:29 PM
Cartoon is in a way, correct.
The USA has taken her role in the world as being a police force (whether she now likes it or not), but its biggest failing is that it has double standards in many situations.
Anyone can see the USA only goes where the money is.

So many Americans shocked.

I am shocked at the loss of lives, but not shocked at the events.

The USA has been hurting the people of Iraq for near a decade now.
Some of you may think 'It's Saddams fault'.
Sure, thats true.. then WTF don't you get rid of him?
Instead of hitting the cities (which the military uses as cover for their AA installations).

Note, a 'democratic' country in no way means that that country is fair and just.
Case in point, Israel.
The USA supplies Israel with weapons and technology, simply because they need an ally in the region, and because Israel is 'democratic'.
2 requirements.
Good job.
Other than that, Israel has free reign to destroy as many human lives as they wish - do we hear the western democracies complaining about that? No, since they are allied with America.

By all means, mourn the loss of so many human lives.. but in the same respect, make a note of what your 'oh-so-high-and-mighty, power of truth and justice' country does to the world for monetary gain.

#76794 09/13/2001 6:29 PM
you people are pissing me off, in no way do americans celebrate any lives we take. The only reason our government does it is to keep peace.

Hell, if it wasn't for the US, we would have been in WWIII by now.

#76795 09/13/2001 7:06 PM
No, thats right, you do not celebrate, but you don't exactly voice your concerns or anything over the actions of Uncle Sam do you?

#76796 09/13/2001 7:24 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[Linked Image]

America, The Good Neighbor

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

“This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars! into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States
dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo
Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.

You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -! not once, but several times - and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is ****ed tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those.

Stand proud, America!”

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#76797 09/13/2001 8:04 PM
Amen to that, Allen. God bless America.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#76798 09/13/2001 9:19 PM
Allen, why didn't American race to help palastain? at least 5 innocent people are killed everyday by the american-made military of Israel ( F16s, Apaches .. etc. ).

#76799 09/13/2001 9:53 PM
B/c that whole country is filled with terrorism.
Theres so many homeless people in America and the US is always helping other countries. We need to put them aside and worry about our people and when we have our economy running at a good high standard then start helping other countries.

I can tell you right now, America will never help a country that supports terrorism.

#76800 09/13/2001 9:59 PM
Supports terrorism? Don't you call defending a country a terrorism? Do forget that Israel is the one who invaded palastain with full support of the United States OF America.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: JB007 ]

#76801 09/13/2001 10:04 PM
They have my full support in doing so, it seems that 95% of terrorists are from Afganistan or are atleast trained there. We're not going to forget about what happened Tuesday morning, this is far worse than Pearl Harbor. I'd consider Afganistan lucky if there country is not destroyed!

I'm sorry, but this is just the way I feel.

Your pals and Israel have been fighting for thousands of years, the US only supports countries thta don't invade, don't conquor.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: RANCH4x4 ]

#76802 09/13/2001 10:42 PM
"At least eight people were arrested Thursday at JFK and LaGuardia airports for carrying fake documentation, including one man posing as a pilot, and for immigration issues. Four of the suspects had been at one of the airports the day of the terrorist attacks but fled when challenged about identification at the ticket counter. They are being questioned by FBI agents on the joint terrorism task force."

Quote from CNN. So So Sad...

#76803 09/13/2001 10:53 PM
I'm not defending Afganistan. In fact if Taliban have done this then they need to be wiped up.

Palastain has remained arab's land for more than one thousand years. In fact, Jews NEVER stayed in one place for a long time. They might have stayed in Palastain for about 80 years and that was thousands of years ago.

Tech-Ni-Kal, Good .. the FBI are making a good progress. Hop they get those who did it soon.

#76804 09/13/2001 10:57 PM
quote:
ME TOO!

#76805 09/13/2001 11:15 PM
Hmm, you know what? I think we have another purpose for the seats that are used as flotation devices... You could have used them to block the knives somewhat. I mean I don't think that it would save people from getting stabbed. But it certainly can help know that you think of it... Oh well just a thought..

#76806 09/14/2001 12:15 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
More than likely the passengers in the 3 planes that crashed into buildings didn't know they were going to be used as suicide bombers or ~60 people would have easily over-powered 4-6 guys with knives. It is believed the 4th plane's passengers heard about the fate of the other 3 planes and did just that, crashing the plane in the woods, far from its intended target.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#76807 09/14/2001 2:42 AM
Yeah, the FBI are pretty close to finding out who was the main person behind the terriost attacks.

Anyway, this terriost attack has been in plan for so many years. The people who hijacked the planes spent 1 year in pilot school so they knew how to fly the plane into the buliding.

They said on the news that all the planes didn't hit where they were supposed to. The two that hit the WTC were supposed to. The one that hit the Pentagon and the one that crashed in pensylvania didn't either. They suspect the Pentagon plane was supposed to hit the whitehouse and the Pensylvania plane was supposed to hit Air force 1, the persidents private jet.

#76808 09/14/2001 3:41 PM
Allen, I know they didn;t know they wre going to be used as suicide bombers. But either way. They only had knives. And if they said they had a bomb they would blow up the plane which would defeat the whole purpose. I mean I could understand just to sit there and hope to land but if we turn like that and keep flying.. I wold get a bit suspicious. I am suprised tho even if they only had knives and didn't kill the pilots they didn't take em over. I am not accusing them of anything I am just saying...

#76809 09/14/2001 4:13 PM
Read this ... smile

http://www.miami.com/herald/special/news/worldtrade/digdocs/008039.htm
Published Wednesday, Miami Herald,
September 12, 2001
We'll go forward from this moment

BY LEONARD PITTS JR.
[email protected]

It's my job to have something to say. They pay me to provide words that help make sense of that which troubles the American soul. But in this moment of airless shock when hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I can find to say, the only words that seem to fit, must be addressed to the unknown author of this suffering.

You monster. You beast. You unspeakable ******* .

What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed.

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.

Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.

Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, social, political and class division, but a family nonetheless. We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae -- a singer's revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse. We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of that, we walk through life with a certain sense of blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though -- peace-loving and compassionate. We struggle to know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a just and loving God.

Some people -- you, perhaps -- think that any or all of this makes us weak. You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong in ways that cannot be measured by arsenals.

IN PAIN

Yes, we're in pain now. We are in mourning and we are in shock. We're still grappling with the unreality of the awful thing you did, still working to make ourselves understand that this isn't a special effect from some Hollywood blockbuster, isn't the plot development from a Tom Clancy novel. Both in terms of the awful scope of their ambition and the probable final death toll, your attacks are likely to go down as the worst acts of terrorism in the history of the United States and, probably, the history of the world. You've bloodied us as we have never been bloodied before.

But there's a gulf of difference between making us bloody and making us fall. This is the lesson Japan was taught to its bitter sorrow the last time anyone hit us this hard, the last time anyone brought us such abrupt and monumental pain. When roused, we are righteous in our outrage, terrible in our force. When provoked by this level of barbarism, we will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length, in the pursuit of justice.

I tell you this without fear of contradiction. I know my people, as you, I think, do not. What I know reassures me. It also causes me to tremble with dread of the future.

In the days to come, there will be recrimination and accusation, fingers pointing to determine whose failure allowed this to happen and what can be done to prevent it from happening again. There will be heightened security, misguided talk of revoking basic freedoms. We'll go forward from this moment sobered, chastened, sad. But determined, too. Unimaginably determined.

THE STEEL IN US

You see, the steel in us is not always readily apparent. That aspect of our character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well. On this day, the family's bickering is put on hold.

As Americans we will weep, as Americans we will mourn, and as Americans, we will rise in defense of all that we cherish.

So I ask again: What was it you hoped to teach us? It occurs to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred. If that's the case, consider the message received. And take this message in exchange: You don't know my people. You don't know what we're capable of. You don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]

#76810 09/14/2001 4:46 PM
Hm.
That almost made me want to throw up.
Sounds as if it was designed for kids.

I was listening to the radio today (BBC Radio1), when they told some info about a guy, a CEO of a company that used to be on the hundred and first floor, I think he had 700 employees.

Well, they put the recording of a small interview they did with him on..

This guy was in tears.. really sad.. all 700 employees were confirmed dead, or missing presumed dead.. this guy couldn't cope with that (who could..).. but he still had the duty of having to inform all those employees families that their loved ones had been killed. frown

God give him strength.

In my opinion, the best and probably greatest thing the US can do at this point is to find the people responsible, and put them through court.

THAT will be more of a sign of what the USA is supposed to be about more than any pointless bombardment of will ever be.

FYI, the British Govt. would view the IRA as terrorists, while the IRA and its supporters would view it as freedom fighters.

The British Govt. is in very promising peace talks with the IRA and co and the IRA should be dismantling weapons sometime soon - it was a long process, many lives where lost, but did we have to send in helicopter gunships, fighter aircraft to wipe out vast areas to prevent terrorism?

The fact of the matter is, Israel IS the worls greatest terrorist, and the sooner people do something about that, the better.

All humans are equal.. you cannot say one life is worth more than anothers.
All humans have the right to live.

#76811 09/14/2001 5:42 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Could it be that there would have been many less innocent lives lost had force been used in the IRA mess. Sure, a few soldiers and a few militia might have been lost, but the innocent women, men, and children would have lived. Yes, no life is more important than another, but someone who's bent on destruction by car-bombing crowded malls and parks should be put out of their and our misery.

You can't "wish" terrorists away with birthday cards and anniversary gifts. They'll soon get about half what they deserve... mad

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#76812 09/14/2001 5:50 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
well stated Allen. mad

#76813 09/14/2001 6:24 PM
I won't even say anything....

#76814 09/14/2001 8:07 PM
Yeah, well said allen. I'm sure the FBI are on the track of finding out who it is, though they can't attack the person unless they have the best evidence that it was whoever they want to attack.

#76815 09/15/2001 4:49 AM
It's sad that Americans are so blinded by current events around the world. This kind of stuff has been happening for 80 years around the world, in the middle east. This is the first time it has been so drastic with 1 day's events. It is a tragedy and I shed a tear for all that lost their life Tuesday.

But why is it When George Bush was president was bush "Gulf War". Clinton was president, nothing. Now another bush and this happens?? You do the math. America's goverment is so messed up.

Did any of you know that Bin Laden went to Harvard and was trained by the FBI to be used as a secret weapon against USSR.

I am proud to be in America and I am Palestinian, but was born in America. But America has been a big bully for years and this is a nose bleed compared other countries tragedies. But again, this all happened at once and was so sequenced it over shadows all other tragedies. I hope we do capture who did it.

But don't be surprised if it's not Bin Laden. If it is, this will not be the easy victory of a war everyone expects. Bin Laden is briliant. Extremely evil, but nonetheless briliant.

Countries are showing compasion because this is sad, but also to get in good with the USA, in case the favor is needed back. I doubt they would risk their neck if they felt they were threatened.

Even with NATO, Bin Laden will not be an easy adversary.

Arafat 'leader' of palestine donated blood, more then Bush has done for America. Also they showed Palestinian kids with signs and roses. Signs reading 'We greif for you. We are victims to'. But yet the media run by the jewish community will most likely over shadow that with 200 of 3,000,000 plus muslims/palestinians celebrating, while the rest are like the rest of the world which is greifing for America and the victims.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849