Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#81896 02/28/2002 2:50 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
somebody try a search... let me know whatcha think laugh


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
#81897 02/28/2002 2:55 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
I searched for "the" in Chit Chat...

quote:
An error has occured:

Couldn't create search filter: syntax error at (eval 18) line 9, near "(

) "
syntax error at (eval 18) line 16, near "# end if

} else"

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!


#81898 02/28/2002 2:57 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
my next search was "coffee".

Very nice.... I like that... I like it a lot. laugh

#81899 02/28/2002 3:27 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,708
Nice work AA. laugh

#81900 02/28/2002 6:54 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
Yay, good job CC!

Sponsored Links
#81901 02/28/2002 1:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Hmmm... 'the' is a filtered word by default... but if you don't enter search terms and don't do anything else, the dispatch sub SHOULD catch that and throw a nice error rather than try assembling the filter sub.....


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81902 02/28/2002 1:54 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,285
that's why I thought the error funny... yeah... that's it. tipsy wink

#81903 02/28/2002 1:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 436
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 436
Sweet.

#81904 02/28/2002 4:39 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Chicken McNiftyness!

---Jamin


Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#81905 02/28/2002 4:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 4,625
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 4,625
quote:
Originally posted by Jamin:
Chicken McNiftyness!

---Jamin

Uh, ya.

Sponsored Links
#81906 02/28/2002 7:20 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
...


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81907 02/28/2002 7:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Gonna do the same thing to the transition page after you post too now? smile



---Jamin


Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#81908 02/28/2002 7:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Same thing?


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81909 02/28/2002 8:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 436
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 436
wouldn't it make sense for it to be


Anyways, what's the transition page?

#81910 02/28/2002 9:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
But.... I thought.... what did I miss? I thought the big special thing was no more transition page.... I'm confused............

confused

---Jamin


Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#81911 02/28/2002 11:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222
Veteran
Veteran
Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222
It will still need those. The impovements are mostly unseen. Though it is a bit faster and more accurate it uses significantly less memory. That will allow bigger boards to finally have a functioning search without memory errors. There are also changes to the search portion control panel that will allow an admin to tailor searches but of course you can't see them from here.


Picture perfect penmanship here.
#81912 03/01/2002 12:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Jamin: Oh, you mean the instant results when searching in a single forum? Ain't it nifty? laugh


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81913 03/02/2002 3:32 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
I can't search by only member number...

#81914 03/02/2002 3:54 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I type like Navaho
I type like Navaho
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 21,080
Likes: 3
I like the quick results, but to me the major improvement is the links to individual posts where the search results are found... much more accurate if you are looking for a certain post and you can only remmber what it was about and search for the one word.. if it's a multi-page thread, this helps tremendously smile


- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#81915 03/02/2002 4:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
I agree, I always had problems finding the post in multi-page threads...

#81916 03/02/2002 5:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
yeah yeah
all i know is when i hit Search button i get a blank screen :rolleyes:

#81917 03/02/2002 5:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I can't search by only member number...

You gotta type something in 'Search Words'

#81918 03/02/2002 5:30 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
heh
why am i getting a blank screen page?
something is definitely wrong with this new search IMHO :rolleyes:

#81919 03/02/2002 5:42 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I can't search by only member number...

You gotta type something in 'Search Words'
That's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

#81920 03/02/2002 6:16 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
[b]I can't search by only member number...

You gotta type something in 'Search Words'
That's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink [/b]
hey, why are you keep quoting yourself? confused
i've run a search for "test" in Chit Chat and all i get is a blank screen page

#81921 03/02/2002 6:37 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
I said when you put only member #, it shows you a blank screen.

You said you got a blank screen.

I said I think it's because you didn't put anything in your search word field.

You bumped your post

I bumped mine

You said you wrote something there...

Couldn't you say it at the first place? wink I guess 'test' is a special word wink

#81922 03/02/2002 7:14 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 94
oh
now i've run it with "bump" and all went fine smile
yeah, a lot better now, goes directly to posts containing searched terms smile
thanks LK wink

#81923 03/04/2002 3:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
If you do get a DCND / white screen when submitting, please post the exact search terms and settings... otherwise I can't track down the bug.


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81924 03/04/2002 3:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
Same thing occured (& occurs) here...

I looked for "test" on chit chat forum, with the default settings. It seems to be the same in every other forum, too.

#81925 03/04/2002 3:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,394
Another bug: I looked for 'testa' in the Announcements forum, and it showed me many results, for example: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000074&p= . That page says '...test a.....' - Is it a bug that it ignores spaces?

Also, it showed the same post twice, where there was "testa". (last one in the list)

#81926 03/04/2002 3:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 837
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 837
all i can say is that it don't work to well when i tried to do a search just for ip all i got was a blank page. frown
that is with most of the searchs i have done.

#81927 03/04/2002 5:54 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
The space bits are the designed and previous behavior, LK... this is not an accuracy fix, just a memory fix.... smile

Alas, I can't examine the code here on dev... login isn't working....


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#81928 03/04/2002 6:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 730
deutscher moderator / v5 specialist
deutscher moderator / v5 specialist
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 730
i have some sugestions...
  • can the user jump between the result pages?
  • can the search be a cycle? (i mean the search read only e.g. 500 lines per cycle)
  • can i cancle the search when i have think i have enough results?

i cant' search for test or Allen [Linked Image]

#81929 03/04/2002 10:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222
Veteran
Veteran
Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,222
ClanKiller, that's a bug. CC has fixed it and you'll see the fix in the next beta.

joking-down, Allen my have put allen or test in the exception list. I don't know for sure.


Picture perfect penmanship here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4613
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 10
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)