Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
UBBDEV Community:

I am proud to announce to today our first ever Official T-Shirt Contest!! We want you, our loyal community, to help us design the very first line of UBBDEV merchandise.

Please read the following guidelines very carefully:

• Each registered member may submit only two sets of designs at most. A set consists of the following:

• Patch = Design for upper left corner of t-shirt front.
    • Plate = Design for t-shirt front/back.
    • Spot = Design for mousepad/mug.

Please note that each submission may (but does not have to) include any combination of design types.
  • The contest will run the length of 30 calandar days, after which we will no longer accept any more submissions. Following this deadline the staff will vote on three winning designs, one from each category. No length is set for the amount of time taken to vote on a winning set of designs. Please note that while one winner may be chosen for all three categories, this isn't a requirement.
  • Winners will be awarded an item of their choice printed with their design (assuming that winner has a winning design in all three categories.) In the event that a winner only won for one or two categories, that winner will be awarded the item for which their design was chosen. UBB Developers Network would appreciate (but not require) the winner(s) to submit a photograph of themselves with the winning logo for display on the main page.
  • Any designs that are considered either in poor taste, offensive in nature, or to not be a positive reflection of UBB Developers Network will be immeadiately disqualified. A member whose submission(s) is disqualified for any reason cannot re-submit another set of designs.
  • Designs will be judged on some of the following criteria:

• Design Complexity
    • Message Portrayal
    • Just Plain "Coolness"
  • We would strongly prefer that any and all designs that are submitted be done so with the following criteria in mind:

• JPEG Format
    • 150 - 300 DPI (300 DPI Prefered)
    • [Specific sizes will be announced later, but you may start with 8 1/2 x 11]

Well, that's pretty much it! Please check back regularly as we may make changes to the guidelines. Good luck!

Digital Boy

[ February 14, 2001: Message edited by: Digital Boy ]

Sponsored Links
Woohooo cool..

(felt really sorry for this announcement having no replies yet)..

scattermidget
scattermidget
I apologize for immediately getting technical on your butts, but how will the t-shirts be printed? I assume a computer set-up because of the jpg format (as opposed to silk-screening, for which vector would be best), but I wanna be sure.

Thanks. Cool contest! wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Actually, it is pretty cool... I have already seen a few entries... wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
oh yeah, computer set-up... can actually be gif or bmp as well...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I migh enter, but I am not sure whether I am good enough. wink

[ February 14, 2001: Message edited by: zombiefro ]

i am great with graphics, but i really wouldn't wanna hurt the sales of ubbdev stuff so i'll refrain from entering.

Ok folks, you're all missing the point. We're not hiring a graphic designer, we want our loyal members to help contribute to our community ... and to get some pride by seeing your work in use.

What have you got to lose by entering? BTW Allen, we never mentioned how we wanted people to submit their work? Email?

- DB

I've got the perfect design in mind smile. I'll have it ready in a few days! smile

-DT
Old Hand
Old Hand
I'm just a fledgling digital artist, but I think I'll enter anyway. laugh

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Muchas gracias...

DB, they can either host them somewhere like hypermart and we can copy them over, or email them to me - graphix@ubbdev.com .

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
It's members like THIS that generally produce the very best work! Keep that in mind; it's not how good you are, it's how hard you try.

- DB

Sounds killer!

Well, I can't wait to see all the designs. The great thing will be that all of the products that we are having branded will be available for purchase. Think how cool it would be if you were on vacation somewhere and you saw someone walk by with a UBBDEV t-shirt! Or you happeneded to start working at a new office somewhere and you notice that one of your co-workers has a UBBDEV mousepad! This is the kind of community that we want to start building. One that extends outside the confines of the Internet.

- DB

CE Offline
Heh, im not even going to enter, everything and anything I make is not good, I just dont know how to do everything in Adobe, like squage, who will no dought win, or 1 of the better graphic designers.

What the hell kind of attitude is that? This site wasn't founded on the idea that, "Gee, I'm sure that someone else can do it better!" No, we went out there and BELIEVED that we could do something better then the other players (who at that time were king.) Guess what, we did! Are there better developers than us? Yes. Are there better graphic designers? Yes. However, we put our blood, sweat, and tears into this site and we have a pretty friggin' awesome community if you ask me.

You should enter just to give it a shot. Who knows, you may win!

- DB

UBBDEV Community:

I think everyone's starting to get the wrong idea about this contest (and about this community in part.) Yes, we are a community of web developers, code engineers and graphic designers. It wouldn't be reality if we ALL had the same level of skills. So naturally we're going to find users like Squage who are great artists. However, that doesn't mean that he's an instant winner. That also doesn't mean that Squage (or anyone else for that matter,) is a more "important" or more "valuable" asset to this community than someone with lesser artistic or development skills (although I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Squage does hold a special place in our hearts.)

We ALL need to contribute to the community for it to continue to thrive as it has. I would really like to see EVERYONE submit a set of designs. The more ideas we have, the better the end result will be.

- DB

Old Hand
Old Hand
*stands up and applauds*

Very well said. Now get crackin', Kubic! wink

If this goes well you guys can come out with your own line of clothing. Then once you make it big, who knows, maybe we'll see "Ubbdev" cereal on store shelves. Oh, and you know how much cash you'll make with "Ubbdev" trading cards! Move over Pokemon, there's a new sheriff in town tipsy lol

quote:
LOL...you are taking me too seriously.

Sorry Zombie ... wink

- DB

LOL.

CE Offline
heh, fine, i'll submit but i dought i will win.

Old Hand
Old Hand
that's the spirit! laugh

CE Offline
Heres something i made to go over your left breast, its not very good...

Edited by Deb: (Psssssssst... Kubic, please email the large image to [email protected] . If you'd like to display a SMALL image that would be great... but any actual submissions should be emailed.)

[ February 16, 2001: Message edited by: Deb ]

CE Offline
ROFLMAO, thats 300 dpi for you...huge...

[ February 16, 2001: Message edited by: Kubic ]

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
GAH! Please remove that image!

Not only is it WAY too large, it's a big download. Not all of us are operating at 1600x1280 and are on a T1, for crying out loud...

*muttermutter*sigimagesarebadenough*muttermutter*

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
quote:
LOL Charles!
laugh

- Deb
Addict
Addict

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Maybe we should open a thread in the graphics forum for this Deb? That way those on non-cable modem connections know to either skip the thread, or click on it and go get some coffee... smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
CE Offline
hey, its not my fault they want it in 300 dpi, it was supposed to be 4 in x 2 in, but in 300 dpi you can see its much larger then that... and its only like a 83 sec download on a 28.8 k modem...gezz...

CE Offline
what do you think of the graphic though?

Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Allen, I will start a thread in the graphics forum if you haven't...

Kubic, can you shrink it... and post it in the graphics forum? I honestly didn't see the entire thing.. but the little I saw looked good. smile

- Deb
I think that the images should be submitted via email.

- DB

Yeah, submit them via email and the you have two choices:

1. Put the best ones up.

2. Shrink them down yourselves, as 'nails giving an option for the larger version.

I might have to wait til I am back on the ISDN (yeah yeah, better than a 56 k tipsy ) til I view these submissions.

[ February 17, 2001: Message edited by: zombiefro ]

CE Offline
This is an outrage, I refuse to re-submit it!!!!! I demand an apology for doing what the instructions said!!!!

HEHE, well...i'll send it to you when i find it...

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
i won't even be entering any work in this contest, so go for it! smile

i'm doing a mousepad. a freind of mine is rendering a 3d sphere version of the ubb dev logo, hopefully he can get it foo me in time

Great! Folks, like I said before, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT UBBDEV (TO ME) IS THE STRENGTH OF THIS COMMUNITY! Seriously, how many other online communities do you know of that are this close knit? I don't know of too many! My point is we are not looking for the "god of art" to make us a t-shirt, we are looking for the design that most strongly represents what UBBDEV stands for!

We want to see how much UBBDEV means to you! That's what this contest is about! Showing us what this community means to you!

To me, this community is like home. I consider many of the members of this community to be like family that I've never met (I've never had a sister, but I think if I did, she'd be something like Deb or Lucia.) That's why it's so important to me (as well as Allen and Deb,) that we are available any time any of you have any questions or comments. I hate going to a community somewhere where the administrative staff is like friggin' Oz. You can't talk to them; you can't contact them, and even if you do, they rarely return your emails (unless you're some impressive plastic schmuck.)

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and show us how much you love UBBDEV!!

- DB

Awwww..

I'm touched DB..

*gives big bro a hug*

Alrighty..

*wanders off to go make a UBB dev tshirt or something.. *

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63