Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8332 05/24/2001 9:23 AM
I need a graphic designer to make 2 graphics for my Warcraft 3 UBB. Payment will be a percentage of what I sell the site for on eBay.

This is completely serious, I work for a professional business and will write up a contract for this job. If interested please email [email protected].

Sponsored Links
i would be very intrusted. i'm emailing you about it now....

Great great...a little bump to maybe interest some others.

I am willing to help you out with anything you would like.. For Free... Just Icq or AIm me but I will Leave The Pay Part for other people that might need the money more.

finally some serious design requests...ahhhh no, I'm too busy laugh

Sponsored Links
quote:
thats such a good idea never thought of that.....selling a site on ebay!
laugh eek

G5 Offline
I doubt you'll get much money. Almost No one wants to buy game web sites for tons of money no more. Most gaming sites now sell for $500-$3000 or more and those are top quality high traffic sites like Gamers.com or something. For "no name sites" (I'm not flaming you, its a term for little sites) the price goes from $100-$300 unless you get lucky and sell it for more. in which case that almost never happens.

Gaming sites are so ramped there are Millions of them. Trust me if you want to make money selling a site don't go with gaming sites. If you spent your money on a ubb (250$) and more money on hosting (10-20$ a month) don't expect to come out with much of a profit, if any. I heard Gamerforums.net tried selling their site for $500 or something and no on wanted it, so they gave it away for free. If I were you I would just keep that site and not try to sell it. Unless your sure to come out with a profit. Hope you do laugh

[ May 24, 2001 08:10 PM: Message edited by: G5 ]

quote:

Heh you are very wrong...Warcraft 3 is going to be the biggest game ever. And more imporantly I have pretty much the best domain name you could get for the board. Message boards are a huge traffic resource. I think I will get a lot of money just for the fact that it is Warcraft 3. I made a small memory resale site and sold it on eBay for $330, I'm sure I'll be able to pull something out of this. Have to pay for a new computer some how!

G5 Offline
well its cool you sold your memory resale site for $330. laugh but that wasn't a game site. people now a days want to buy a site that will make them money. gaming sites don't offer that for them. The Internet boom has gone down in the past year/s. If your making a gaming board about warcaft3 keep in mind your going up against Gamerforums.com,Agn,Gamerforums.net (I hear they have something big planed) and a lot more gaming boards. What's your “best domain name” anyway. I'm sure you may make some money I'm just saying don't count on Tons. Also one more thing. Did you buy a new ubb license for this 2nd board?

that's right G5,
GamerForums.com will be back and not like anything before
Atleast I hope.

Sponsored Links
GamerForums will be back verrrrrry soon. wink

does this work? selling pages on ebay?

would be a good idea. but are there any interested ppl?

Ok I was unsuccessful at obtaining a logo through emailing people privately so I'll just post all the info here. First off I need a WC3FORUM.COM logo, using the colors and style of Blizzard's Warcraft 3 pages. I'm particularly looking for the gold and brown colors and possibly a font similxar to what they use. If I use your logo, you will revceive 5% of the total sale of my Wacraft 3 site. Lets see em!

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
i don't know about what everyone else thinks, but 5% is sort of a shady figure. 5% of what? there's the problem, right there. we don't know how much you're selling the site for, therefore we don't know what we'd be making. count me out of this one. smile

Go ahead, continue to sabotage my posts and putdown my requests Matt Jacob. Wondering how you became a moderator. Regardless I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to give it a try. My site might sell for $100, might sell for $1000. It's cash either way.

Hmmm ... not that I really care ... but I must agree with Matt on this ...

You just bought the domainname a month ago and it's just parked ... no life content ... and since you are so serious about making money out of it why didn't you register the full package ... because .NET and .ORG are still available laugh

I still think it is much more fun to create graphics for people who have a UBB and are willing to spent some time on their board ...

Greetz

Knuff

Don't exactly have the money for the other domain names...I'm planning to put PLENTY of time into this, Warcraft 3 probably won't be out till atleast September so I have plenty of time.

quote:
Hmmm chill out WC ... Matt has a point ... and it's not only that ... actually you ask a graphic designer to take all the risk and effort so you can sell what ??? You sell an official UBB license with one year of free upgrades plus a domainname plus the graphics ...

The license you bought and were willing to pay for like 300 US dollars.
The domain name is worth about 10 US dollars ...
The parking is free ... so what is there to sell ???

The concept ?
The community database ?

I think it's more hey i had an idea ... if i can find some talented people to make it look nice I might sell it off ... and those people shouldn't do it for the CV nor for the money ...

My 2cc is that you first get your board and site up and running and return then ... but hey that's only my 2 cc

Greetz

Knuff

See all of you have your own opinions but you really don't know what you are talking about, unless you've sold sites on eBay before. There is pretty much one and only one aspect of a website that will make it sell for a high price on eBay- traffic. It's the only thing that gives real value to a site. After seeing how extremely popular Baldur's Gate 2 message boards have been, I decided to jump into the game. Warcraft 3 is very easily going to be one of the best games ever (after seeing the success of Warcraft 2) which means loads of traffic. I really don't need anymore people to tell me that I'm not going to make any money; I am not a newbie at this I've been doing it for quite some time. If anyone is interested in making a graphic, please do so and post it here.

WarCrazy ... nice of you to say that we don't know what we are talking about ... laugh

but let me put it straightforward ...

If you would have started a site (you still didn't do it and you didn't even prove you have a UBB it can easily be a free BB or an illegal UBB because you don't have the 20 dollars to buy the .net .org name, and take out serious competition) and got your UBB up and running a lot of people would have helped you out for free ...

Right now you show up with a blazé attitude pushing for someone to make you a copy of a succesfull board .... so i just call it wrong ATTITUDE and I think that we all want to warn less experienced people that might get the feeling that they are making money on something allthough it all looks like a ripp off ...

And a last thougt on traffic ... if you don't place hard work and lot's of time in your project ... you will not get the traffic even if you have the best tools, best URL and best board ... the internet is not a network of computers but one of people ... like a software company claims ...

Greetz

Knuff

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
although i agree with Knuff about most of the things he's said, this thread will be closed if this pointless arguing continues.

sorry matt ... i was taken away a little ... laugh

i'll shut up so the thread won't be closed ...

my excuses ...

Greetz

Knuff

Ok this is my last argument as well.

Knuffel I have started a site and it does exist, if you would have went to the sites cgi-bin directory you would have seen that. My UBB is illegal because I don't have the .net and .org...YEA! That makes sense.

I never showed up with a "blazed" attitude demanding anything. MANY people on here ask for graphics for FREE, I am simply giving people some incentive by offering some cash. Heh you don't need to tell me about how websites work ok...I work for a very prominent internet company and do a lot of freelance work on my own, I am perfectly aware of what makes a good website. I have not put much time into my UBB, because I need the graphic to start!!!! Why is that so hard to understand? The board's colors will be based on the graphic. I have made all the forums and done everything that I can without a graphic.

One last time if anyone out there would like to create a WC3FORUM.COM logo I would greatly appreciate it.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
warcrazy, i warned you, and you still did it. thread closed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849