Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This is hard to quantify. In this thread discussing UBB break points , I discovered that we are doing all of the right things and have a server adequate to support our UBB.

I don't think this is true any longer. First off, our server is not being pushed at all - disk, memory, cpu are not issues. Accelerator is on.

We have been seeing 350+ users online quite frequently. We are doing around 50k pageviews per day. 9500 registered users.

We are getting numerous errors - phantom topics, one thread appearing under another topic, garbage posts (no title user, time of 1920, etc). This has just come on this week.

I tried pruning users but that feature doesn't work! We are managing our forums and regularly doing the maintenance routines.

I hope IP or someone fixes the login name/public name import issue ASAP for Classic --> Threads. We need to move to Threads........

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Going to 6.3.1 when it's released will help a heck of a lot in the short run, while you prepare to move to Threads. Pruning users is much more effective now - "select all" links and easy ways to return to the search results. It's still 50 at a time, but it's faster. wink

Dave's fixed the importer so that it uses PDNs rather than the login name during the import... mail him at [email protected] to see if he'd be able to give you a copy.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Veteran
Veteran
No, Dave didn't fix the importer yet because Dave is waiting for Charles to fix private messages. When Dave has the importer done and Dave thinks it is ready for public release Dave will be sure to post it. In the mean time Charles should not be getting people's hopes up unneccesarily.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Charles, I was thinking a migration to 6.3.1 might be in order anyway, to be on the latest Classic when we do the conversion. No sweat on setting expectations, we are patient and willing to sacrifice expediency for quality.

Thank you guys.

This inability to efficiently delete users is really a problem though........ frown

Veteran
Veteran
6.3.1 makes that really easy. smile

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Sponsored Links
Ok, the errors have subsided. No changes were made on the server.

We pruned our memberfile from +9000 to around 7800, and we did all maintenance routines in the CP.

All is well, and our traffic is at an all-time high. thumbsup No more funky errors.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63