Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#91581 04/19/2001 11:48 AM
PHPWebhosting.com

$10/month. Unlimited space/bandwidth (as long as you have an actual use for it. No huge downloadable files but you can house those elsewhere and have links from sites on PHP's servers). CGI, SSI, PHP support. Stat tracking. Shell access. Dialing directly allowed (you have to ask for it but there's no problem getting it). 125 site limit per server (some hosts have 400-800). Great tech support.

The only thing that's ever gone wrong was when the server my site is on went down. They recovered everything %100 and even transfered my site to a brand new server twice as fast with 3 times the HD space. The best thing was that they sent me an e-mail explaining exactly what happened, apologizing for the problem, and saying that they'd do whatever they had to to make up for the couple day downtime (I was just happy it was back up so I didn't bother asking but it was cool they offered).

Ethan

I'm your worst nightmare. A pumpkin with a gun!
Sponsored Links
#91582 04/19/2001 1:05 PM
Just checked their site. Site seems pretty professional but they do not have any phone Tech Support. I guess thats how they are able to offer a great price.
How long you have been with them? Has anyone else tried them?
Thanks for the info!

#91583 04/19/2001 7:28 PM
I've been with them since about November of last year.
The way the tech support works is that you have a section in your administration control panel where you put a message. (Kind of like a message board.) Where any of the technical people can see it. When someone responds you get an e-mail with the response sent to you. Also you can see the response in your control panel. At first they're VERY quick (which is when 99.9% of people have problems). After that you can generally expect a response within 24 hrs.

I also forgot to mention that you get pretty much as many pop3 e-mails as you want. (I only use one which is a catch all as well as my regular e-mail.) You do want to have one completely separate from your site so that you can always receive e-mails from tech support. I use my old hotmail account for that.

Of course when I say "unlimited" that does mean "within reason" but for most sites it's great! They're very flexible about that. I personally don't know of anyone else who uses them but I HIGHLY reccomend them to anyone with a heavily trafficed (sp?) board to check them out! You can also send them messages with questions before you commit. That was what finally sold me. I must have pestered them for a month nearly non-stop! They were always patient and clear and answered my numerous questions quickly (even the really dumb ones! :D)

Ethan

#91584 04/21/2001 5:38 PM
I just got an account on this service and we put a vbb on it, and low and behold, 5 minutes after we opened it, the server crashed.

2 hours later we tried again, and again it crashed.

We just tried 5 minutes ago, and it crashed once more, and the isp just mailed me saying the can't host my site cuz we take up all their bandwidth and cause server problems....

#91585 04/21/2001 6:36 PM
!? That's truely strange. I have no idea why that would happen. confused

Ethan

Sponsored Links
#91586 04/21/2001 7:02 PM
I'm on lego,
I'm going to try to reopen the board once more, got another email from them saying its all fixed.....

I'll post here a few minutes before I open and everyone can see how 20 people can kill a server in 5 minutes...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63