Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Myself and my partner Bob are in a deal to purchase a dedicated server, split between a few other people. And we're trying to get the prices down to something manageable for a couple young people without truckloads of extra cash.

So, we're looking for two people who are interested in jumping on our little bandwagon. Note that this is just a normal hosting package, you will not have root/admin priv's on the server. But it's a dedicated server running only a few low-traffic sites, so there aren't going to be problems with running out of hard drive space or other sites consuming too many resources. And we fully support and encourage you to use UBB, unlike some other hosts.

The price for the accounts are $15 per month, and include the following:

=====
200MB Webspace
5GB Bandwidth
PHP4, Perl5, SSI
Personal CGI-Bin
3 MySQL Databases
50 POP3 E-mail Addresses, Unlimited E-Mail Forwarders
1 Mailing List
1 Domain with up to 5 free subdomains. *
1 on 1 Support with either me or you (via AIM or ICQ).
E-Mail / Forums Tech Support, a guaranteed response within 24 Hours
Free installation services of CGI/PHP scripts onto your account. **
The server your site will be on has dual 1ghz Pentium III's with 1gb of RAM and SCSI hard drives for excellent I/O.

* You provide your own domain, and we will supply you with the necessary nameservers.

** Includes: 1 free install/upgrade of UBB or other forums scripts every three months, plus up to 3 free installs/upgrades of any other scripts every month. Note: You must provide your own license & legal copy of the scripts! We only install them, we don't buy them for you!
=====

The hosting package won't start till January, because that's when were getting the server. And we're still working out the hosting contract you'll have to agree to. But right now we're wondering if anyone is interested in this so we can expedite the process of getting the server all lined up and stuff.

Please feel free to reply here or email myself ( jamin@se7enet.com ) or Bob ( bob@nescience.org ) if you have any questions.

---Jamin

[ 12-02-2001 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Jamin ]

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Sounds pretty good for 15 Bucks. I might be interested....

Is this a Unix or NT server? why only 5 subdomains? is there a CP or does one have to go through you to get there stuff set up? What if the server goes through like 2 days of downtime, refund?

quote:
Jamin, im insterted, can we pay more for more space tho?, ill talk to my partner about it.

But aren't we moving the board to the main site server AL?

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
I've been looking to do something like this for a loooooooong time.

I might be interested in it, but not for web hosting. Hardware/bandwidth stats? Which provider?

[ 12-04-2001 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Bob Offline
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Charles, I would like you to contact me on ICQ, my UIN is 102470667, if that is not possible please contact me on AIM or MSN, the detials are in my signature.

Also, as we originally posted, the hardware is dual Plll 1000Mhz (1Ghz) processors, and 1024MB (1GB) of ram. The server has been allocated 45 IP addresses in total, a dedicated IP address can be arranged for you, for a fee. The server currently has 90GB of bandwidth a month included, and bandwidth is charged at an extra $3 per GB of bandwidth, we pay all of that, but we would like you to be considerate in bandwidth usage. Although if you exceed your allocated bandwidth(5GB) by a GB or two, we will overlook it, however if you start using an excessive amount, we will either disable file downloads on your server, or charge you for it. This is a Linux(Unix) server, and CPanel3 is the software you will use to control your website.

We are unable to make space or bandwidth adjustments to the plan, anyone who wants more info or needs more space or requirements, please contact me on any of the IM systems in my signature, or by e-mail.

Please(!!) anyone who is interested or has any additional questions, feel free to message me via any of the IM systems mentioned in my signature, or contact me via E-Mail, instant messaging is my preferred method though.

Thank you for all your interest everyone.

If I'm leavin' with a broken heart you're leavin' with a broken nose ... ~ Jettingham - Cheating

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63