Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
I have five, and only five web hosting packages available for $20 per month. The specifics of the accounts are below, they will be hosted on an AMD 900Mhz, 512MB Ram with a 20GB hard disk. The server is running the latest version of FreeBSD as its operating system, and the webserver is the latest stable version of Apache. There is also PHP 4, MySQL 3.23 and Perl 5.

Account Details
-------------------
1GB of web space.
15GB of bandwidth.
Use of PHP 4, Perl 5 and SSI.
5 MySQL databases.
200 POP3 E-mail accounts.
Unlimited e-mail forarding accounts.
phpMyAdmin pre-installed.
20 sub-domains.
24/7 FTP access.
5 free PHP or Perl script installs (including vBulletin, UBB, phpBB and IkonBoard!)
2 hours of free PHP consultation every month.

Some of the things I am offering may seem far fetched, (such as free PHP and Perl script installs, and PHP consultation), but I am able to offer these for a couple of reasons. Firstly, as there will be only five accounts I will be able to give each customer 1 on 1 support, and I guarantee an un automated response to any and all support e-mails within 24 hours.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me via AIM, ICQ, MSN. E-mail contact is also possible, but I prefer real-time chat as I will need to go over several things with you. Payment will be made via PayPal, and will occur on the 20th of every month. I need to have all these accounts sold by Wednesday, I will be online between 1pm and 6pm EST on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

If you have any additional questions or if you wish to purchase an account, please contact me via any of the following methods:

AIM: Pixel26
MSN: [email protected]
E-Mail: [email protected]

If I'm leavin' with a broken heart you're leavin' with a broken nose ... ~ Jettingham - Cheating
Sponsored Links
That sounds pretty good Bob. I'm npt interested though.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Dedicated server?
What connection speed? (T1, T3, etc)
How much money do your users pay if they pass the limit?
How many FTP accounts can you install?
If you won't be able to help with the PHP questions, will you still count it in the 2 hours?
Did you know PHP 4.1.0 is out?
Which Perl 5?

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Yes, it's a dedicated server, and it has a dedicated 2.6MB line coming out of it.

I will be charging $4 per additional GB of bandwidth.

I can create extra FTP accounts for you for free.

Unless I provide an adequate solution to your PHP query, it will not be included in the two hours consultation. However, if you only use 1 hour in one month, you cannot carry the remaining hour over to the next month.

Yes I knew about PHP 4.1.0, however, as the server wasn't live yet, I hadn't installed it. It is installed now though.

Perl 5.6.1 is installed on the server.

If I'm leavin' with a broken heart you're leavin' with a broken nose ... ~ Jettingham - Cheating
quote:
Originally posted by Bob:
Yes, it's a dedicated server, and it has a dedicated 2.6MB line coming out of it.

I can create extra FTP accounts for you for free.

Unless I provide an adequate solution to your PHP query, it will not be included in the two hours consultation. However, if you only use 1 hour in one month, you cannot carry the remaining hour over to the next month.

Yes I knew about PHP 4.1.0, however, as the server wasn't live yet, I hadn't installed it. It is installed now though.

Perl 5.6.1 is installed on the server.

bobi added u to aim, i have a few questions for u , my aim is anime loo. i asume u let people run ubb but how do u fell about letting me port my 6.05?

Sponsored Links
I am interested i am gonna contact you on aim as soon as you sign on. My aim is eXtremeT1m.
Do we get a cpanel?

[ 12-17-2001 04:38 PM: Message edited by: eXtremeTim ]

Coder
Coder
quote:
Originally posted by Bob:

This would drive me in to the poor house not to mention I could not fit my UBB on your drive (too samll)

Good deal though for someone starting out

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Anime-loo, I think I was talking to your partner yesterday, we arranged a package to suit your needs and he said he would talk to you about it, I'll be online from 1pm - 6:30pm EST tonight if you wanna talk to me. I wouldn't have any problems at all with you running a UBB, and nor do I have any problems with you porting your 6.05 board.

eXtremeTim, There isn't a control panel available yet, and it most definetely won't be CPanel if (when) I do install a control panel. If there is enough demand, I will custom code a control panel to suit the servers needs. I'll talk to you on AIM later.

1QuickSI, hehe -- this package really isn't made for sites getting millions of hits per week!! smile

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
So if there's no cpanel, then how do you (I) add extra email addresses? Also, what happens if the server goes down for a bit? Any guarantees?

well, sounds like to me that he is just trying to make some money.

If there is no cpanel, he obviously will have to make everything, which sucks for him, cause he will be one busy mother f--ker

Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Please don't try to get around the censors, adam. This is your first warning.

Just added you to msn also.

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Adam, CPanel is bloatware. And highly unreliable. If I were to invest in an enterprise level control panel solution, it would probably be Plesk, which is an excellent package. However, as this is a server with only 5 accounts, (not counting my own -- but I prefer to do things manually), it would be an expensive waste. Also, 'he', who I might mention has a name, will be able to create a small secure control panel for simply adding e-mail addresses and sub-domains.

Also Adam, if you had even the smallest knowledge of PHP, (or Perl for that matter, which is probably better suited to the job), you would know that a small script for sub domains and e-mail addresses would take about 5 hours to code.

Matt, I can either create a control panel as I said above. Or give the accounts limited SSH access which will allow them to use vPopMail to add, remove and edit e-mail addresses and accounts. As far as guarantees go, if the server is down for more than 30 minutes, $10 comes off your bill for that month. So, if the server goes down for 1 hour, that month's hosting is free.

Speaking of e-mail accounts, I will modify any MX records for you so you can use services like Everyone.net and such.

If anyone else has any questions, or otherwise .. please do post it, as long as its constructive (hint hint Adam).

[ 12-18-2001 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Bob ]

bob i talked to him today , sounds good, we will be upgrading to 6.2 final when it comes out just so u know

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Anime-Loo, Cool, I just finished talking to him on AIM, it would appear we have a deal.

Hey bob what about for us to see are stats.

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
I will be installing Webalizer for you all to see your stats, you will have the option of whether you want your stats password protected or not.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Bob, you have mail.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
And you can route this space to a domain name for us if we needed it, right?

Re: the email settings, you wouldn't be able to view our email password or read our mail, would you?

And two more questions: what country is the server located in, and is there any contract to sign? So, would it be possible to try it for a month and then decide not to continue if we don't like it? Thanks.

[ 12-19-2001 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Matt Jacob ]

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
*waits for FTP*

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT:
*waits for FTP*

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Matt / Squage / Whatever your calling yourself these days, (I haven't talked to you in a mighty long while), Customer privacy is a top priority, whilst it is possible for me to view your password, and ultimately, read your mail, I can give you my assurance I won't be doing any such thing. Also, you can change your password as often as you want using the control panel. Yhe server is located in Germany, and there are no contracts to sign. Nor will I ever see your credit card number as billing is done via PayPal, so it is upto you to pay. If you are sincerely upset with our service, you don't pay, we zip up all your files, mail them to you, and discontinue your account. Simplicity. Please contact me via AIM, MSN or ICQ as I wish to talk to you one-on-one so to speak.

AIM: Pixel26
MSN: [email protected]

XPerT, my most sincere apologies on the hold up, I can give you FTP access, but as the accounts are sharing an IP, you won't be able to view your stuff over the web.

lg Offline
hey bob

i really want this package. got any more spots left

my aim is: tightflks

msn:

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Any idea when I'll have access?

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
Randy, can we keep all correspondence regarding your account limited to email and ICQ. Thanks.

is there still some left?

Bob
Member / Eejit
Member / Eejit
No. Sorry.

hmm ....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849