Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#93098 03/23/2004 4:25 AM
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Well I recently got fed up with the support, well lack there of, from Dotster. I have been a loyal customer to Dotster for years and the support has degraded recently.

I saw an ad for GoDaddy for domain registrations for $8 (give or take, depends on if you get in under their promotion). I decided to take and register one domain with them and see how well they could compete with the others.

All in all, I haven't had one complaint. The support is awesome, they have a simple interface to allow users to lock domains and change details, even change the details of all domains in your accounts for all record types (which is sweet if you own more than 10 domains and don't want to take and edit them all individually).

All in all I'm extremely satisfied with their services and won't be going elsewhere anytime soon... $8 for domains when some registrars are charging $35? I can register my domain for 4 years for the price they want for one... Which with multiple domains it stacks up a lot.

Right now I have 13 domains hosted with them so I know they can handle a nice bunch, granted their main page looks like a train wreck, but the admin section is awesome.

They allow free account signups (you need one to register domains) so by all means, so sign up for an account and poke around the system, it's awesome.

They even allow DNS maintenance for FREE unlike Dotster charging $14.95... Although I do use www.mydomain.com for DNS hosting...

URL: GoDaddy

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice review, got a link to their site? smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I absolutely love www.godaddy.com and have been using them for a few years. thumbsup

Transactions are fast, the control panel is very well designed and easy to figure out. never had a problem with dns changes nor cancellations and there's been atleast a dozen of those. I had one real tech support issue once... contact info change wouldnt save, and my online support ticket was resolved in little over an hour. Had another bogus tech support issue (ISP blamed registrar falsely) and was able to get help even faster. Plus I hit them with a weird situation once to transfer domains between different user accounts yet maintain billing info and that was handled smoothly within 48hours.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yeh GoDaddy's tech support definately rules. When I was at dotster it ws just a round robbin, nothign ever got done; my first issue at GoDaddy they had it solved within the hour, much impressed.

Also, a friend of mine registered a .cc domain and it was resolving to the dns severs he put in the same day, was quite amazing at how quickly it was working...

Not to mention the pricing, their upwards to $40 cheaper than other registrars (NetSol wanted $50 to reg a .cc where GoDaddy wanted $4)...

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
they are also VERY adept at untangling an old out-of-date domain that's stuck in netsol clutches. I had two situations where netsol (king of round robin) wouldnt update the record nor release it to register.com, but when handed over to godaddy a flood of system generated email ensued and both problem domains got transferred within a week.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yeh, when I transfered from Dotster they didn't want to let my domains go; I didn't have domain locking engaged yet they stated that there was a registry hold that had to be ran through their support department prior to releasing the domain... Once I learned of this hold I had it lifted and transfered all of my domains to GoDaddy.

Veteran
Veteran
the only pb with godaddy is that the web pages a rather cluttered and they try to sell you tons of other services. other than that I use them too and no pbs so far smile

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
heh, yeh they like to make sure you know of EVERY service they offer on the main page; but the UI for members isn't too bad and rather simple toget around (without too much clutter)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849