UBB.Dev
Posted By: Rich9 Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/07/2002 8:42 PM
My latest web host have become intolerable. I need a new one - roughly 600MB webspace, 20-30GB bandwidth a month, and $20-25 a month if possible. Does anyone's webhost fit that criteria? And just as importantly, is their service good? Little downtime?

Thank you all if you can reply.
Posted By: Deb Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/07/2002 8:46 PM
Hosting4Less is a name that comes to mind. I have had no personal experience with them myself, but I cannot remember hearing any negatives either.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/07/2002 10:20 PM
Unix or IIS?
Posted By: U574 Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/08/2002 8:21 AM
try: www.webhostingtalk.com

they have buch of service advertise there. You can check them out.
Posted By: JonNJapan Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/08/2002 1:48 PM
I don't know about 600MB, but www.tera-byte.com (what my UBB is using) offer's 300 MB of webspace and 20 GB of bandwidth for under $10 a month.

~Jon
Posted By: Rich9 Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/08/2002 9:22 PM
Unix.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help! Any more out there? smile
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/10/2002 5:17 AM
Rich I have had hosting nightmare 4 host in less than one month, and finally found a GREAT host.

www.digitalprinceton.net

I talked to Steve Klenert I think he might be the owner, they will customize a package to fit your sites needs, I need a bunch more transphere than there excutive package and he hooked me up with a package that gave me less web space and bumped my transhere up to 45 Gigs per month.

By far the best customer service I have ever seen from a hosting company, Steve was very helpful with the transphere and he even called me about a week after i signed up to tell me he had to restart the system and my site would be down for about 2 minutes. That has been the only time my site has been down. My last hosting company HostRocket was down 17 times in 12 days, 2 times for over 12 hours.

I told him I had a bunch of buddies with UBB and they said you could contact him direct at [email protected] tell them GlassRattler sent you.

And no I don't Work for the or know them in anywaym, I just tickled that i finally found a good host.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Need a webhost, can anyone help? - 02/10/2002 7:35 AM
I have to admit, even though I'm not at Digital Princeton yet I probably will be very soon. I needed an emergency host transfer and they were about an hour late. I was impressed with the fact that they called me in california to answer my e-mail in person. These guys get two thumbs up from me, and will have my business soon.
© UBB.Developers