UBB.Dev
Posted By: Cangurita Avatar hack and flag hack, compatible? - 09/24/2001 4:27 AM
I have an old avatar hack on my site which I am using to display flags, my question is can I use the flag hack to display the flags and keep the old avatar hack to display photos of the users?

Code
code:

That is the hack I have... Thanks for your help... smile
Yes you can. Just change the flags that you are using for the avatar hack and make them the avatar/photos.
Posted By: Cangurita Re: Avatar hack and flag hack, compatible? - 09/24/2001 7:38 AM
Do you mean the flag hack? I tried installing it but it did not work, quite sad really, all that time and it did not work, I thought it might have been because of the avatar hack I have on but it might have been something I did wrong...

So you think the avatar hack I have right now could be used for the photos and the flag hack for the flags?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Avatar hack and flag hack, compatible? - 09/24/2001 10:28 AM
Of course, the flag and avatar hacks use different code, so they are compatiable. I had the Avatar and flags hacks installed on my UBB and they both worked.

The only problem is that you can't use the same $user_profile number for both hacks. The avatar hack your using uses $user_profile[20] so you'll have to use another number below 20 and if they are all in use you'll have to add more profile fields.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Lord Dexter ]
Posted By: Cangurita Re: Avatar hack and flag hack, compatible? - 09/24/2001 1:00 PM
I am not familiar with Pearl/Cgi, I can sort of understand what the commands mean but I can't come up with new things on my own. I know how to apply the hacks, but if you tell me to add more profiles I am lost. How do I add another profile?

I am using the Picture Field from the Standard Registration Field for the avatar, which one does the flag hack use, do you know? B'cause I tried installing it and I don't recall it asking me anything about fields. Out of the Custom Registration Fields I am using field #4 for Custom Status, the first three are not really that important... they are just questions, not hacks...

I really appreciate all your help, thank you so much! smile
Posted By: Cangurita Re: Avatar hack and flag hack, compatible? - 09/24/2001 1:29 PM
I have a question for you about the flag hack, I followed these instructions however they are a bit confusing...
::::::::: BEGIN INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :::::::::::
Code
code:

Is it really saying to upload 2 template files into the cgi directory? LOL!

I was just looking through the cp_vars_flags.pl and it talks about the profile fields, do I edit this file or is it for the CP and it is fixed there?

Code
code:
© UBB.Developers