Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have an old avatar hack on my site which I am using to display flags, my question is can I use the flag hack to display the flags and keep the old avatar hack to display photos of the users?

Code
code:

That is the hack I have... Thanks for your help... smile

Cangurita
Sponsored Links
Yes you can. Just change the flags that you are using for the avatar hack and make them the avatar/photos.

Do you mean the flag hack? I tried installing it but it did not work, quite sad really, all that time and it did not work, I thought it might have been because of the avatar hack I have on but it might have been something I did wrong...

So you think the avatar hack I have right now could be used for the photos and the flag hack for the flags?

Cangurita
Of course, the flag and avatar hacks use different code, so they are compatiable. I had the Avatar and flags hacks installed on my UBB and they both worked.

The only problem is that you can't use the same $user_profile number for both hacks. The avatar hack your using uses $user_profile[20] so you'll have to use another number below 20 and if they are all in use you'll have to add more profile fields.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Lord Dexter ]

I am not familiar with Pearl/Cgi, I can sort of understand what the commands mean but I can't come up with new things on my own. I know how to apply the hacks, but if you tell me to add more profiles I am lost. How do I add another profile?

I am using the Picture Field from the Standard Registration Field for the avatar, which one does the flag hack use, do you know? B'cause I tried installing it and I don't recall it asking me anything about fields. Out of the Custom Registration Fields I am using field #4 for Custom Status, the first three are not really that important... they are just questions, not hacks...

I really appreciate all your help, thank you so much! smile

Cangurita
Sponsored Links
I have a question for you about the flag hack, I followed these instructions however they are a bit confusing...
::::::::: BEGIN INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :::::::::::
Code
code:

Is it really saying to upload 2 template files into the cgi directory? LOL!

I was just looking through the cp_vars_flags.pl and it talks about the profile fields, do I edit this file or is it for the CP and it is fixed there?

Code
code:

Cangurita

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63