UBB.Dev
This hack adds 5 extra statuses, puts stars depending on a user's status and stuff you set in the CP. It also adds custom status capabilities.

A few notes:

*Make the fourth custom registration information box say "Custom Status"
*If anyone tries to make their status a higher rank than they are, i.e. a Member trying to make their status say "Administrator" it won't work - it changes their status to "Cheater!" (note - this is temporarily disabled)
*Custom status shows up in the posts, not the profile
*The information you enter for the status "Member" Only applies to the profile, NOT the posts!
*More features to be added as I make them...

The link: http://theultimagamers.hypermart.net/ubb6hacks/starstatus.txt
Wow, i've been waiting for this to come out of beta! Thanks a lot! Ill install it tomorrow and tell you how it went.
Great, hope it goes well!
DarkTempler i just wanted to know if you was still planing to add MegaMod to this mod or not.

thanks for any info.

[ April 07, 2001: Message edited by: ClanKiller ]
Yes, I am.
ok cool thanks ill wait till then.
Whoohooo, it works perfectly on my UBB 6.02 eek
Feel free to take a look
Thanks for the great Mod laugh
You're welcome; glad you're enjoying it!
Is it also possible to implement the possibillity to alternate the stars or to put more filenames in the row ?
Something like this in the control panel
Code
code:
The 0 is just a number to indicate that there is a serie of filenames.

[ April 07, 2001: Message edited by: Booster ]
DT... i have 1 question...

are you really planning to make the ULTIMATE star/status hack with qasic?

Because i would like to have YOUR stars hack but HIS custom status...

or maybe let him include your stars hack in his hack?

Or maybe i can revove the part of your status hack and only keep the part of stars hack?

thanks for any help...
Booster- No, it's not possible, at least not yet. wink

Tyran- Yeah, I'd like to, but it's up to qasic. The way I'd like to do it is for him to finish his status part completely, then I take his coding and fully integrate my stars coding into it, leaving the best of both worlds.
nice hack, Dark Templar
is it possible to have the user name glow and change each time the status changes..?
Yea, its possible; I'll consult the creator of the glow hack to find out if he'd be willing to contribute some code (and of course, be added to the creators list for this hack) to make this hack even better!
I'm trying to remove this hack. I installed it a couple of weeks ago. I'm moving my board to a new server and something isn't working. Infopop is trying to help me, but I have to remove the hacks first.

Anyways, I removed everything. Then I went to reopen the board and and I couldn't update the misc settings, it said I had not completed the required fields and it listed all the custom status fields???

Any ideas??

thanks
You undoubtedly missed some cp_lib.cgi coding; the verification array.
i get this error when installing on 6.03. Ive tried it several times and get the same error message when trying to access cp.cgi!

Error including required files: syntax error at D:htmlubb/cp_lib.cgi line 828, near "tle", "" syntax error at D:htmlubb/cp_lib.cgi line 915, near "P>" "use" not allowed in expression at D:htmlubb/cp_lib.cgi line 915, near "not " syntax error at D:htmlubb/cp_lib.cgi line 915, near " " Compilation failed in require at D:htmlubbcp.cgi line 51. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Any Suggestions?

Please help frown

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: AdamG ]
It says the error is between lines 828 and 915, so here are lines 820 - 930

sub set_vars_misc {
local(*FILE);

$CurrentTab = qq%$vars_wordlets_cp{misc_settings}%;
&CPHeader; &CPFooter;

#validate
my @ValidateArray = ("BBStatus", "BBClosedMessage", "MemberMinimum", "AdminTitle", "ModeratorTitle", "MemberTitle", "Member1Title", "Member2Title", "Member3Title", "Member4Title", "Member5Title", "Member1Posts", "Member2Posts", "Member3Posts", "Member4Posts", "Member5Posts", "JrMemberTitle", "JrMemberPosts", "NewbieTitle", "NewbieStarNum", "JrMemberStarNum", "MemberStarNum", "Member1StarNum", "Member2StarNum", "Member3StarNum", "Member4StarNum", "Member5StarNum", "ModeratorStarNum", "AdminStarNum", "NewbieStarURL", "JrMemberStarURL", "MemberStarURL", "Member1StarURL", "Member2StarURL", "Member3StarURL", "Member4StarURL", "Member5StarURL", "ModeratorStarURL", "AdminStarURL", "Censor", "EditOption", "IP", "EnglishSubjectCheck", "edit_public_names", "FloodCheck", "use_cache", "FloodCheckSpan", "EditWording");tle", "Censor", "EditOption", "IP", "EnglishSubjectCheck", "edit_public_names", "FloodCheck", "use_cache", "FloodCheckSpan", "EditWording");
&Validate(@ValidateArray);

# set/clean the vars ------------
my $FloodCheckSpan = &SmallClean($in{FloodCheckSpan});
my $censorwords = &SmallClean($in{censorwords});
my $BBClosedMessage = &SmallClean($in{BBClosedMessage});
my $AdminTitle = &LimitReturns($in{AdminTitle});
my $ModeratorTitle = &LimitReturns($in{ModeratorTitle});
my $MemberTitle = &LimitReturns($in{MemberTitle});
my $JrMemberTitle = &LimitReturns($in{JrMemberTitle});
my $NewbieTitle = &LimitReturns($in{NewbieTitle});
my $JrMemberPosts = &LimitReturns($in{JrMemberPosts});
my $Member1Title = &LimitReturns($in{Member1Title});
my $Member2Title = &LimitReturns($in{Member2Title});
my $Member3Title = &LimitReturns($in{Member3Title});
my $Member4Title = &LimitReturns($in{Member4Title});
my $Member5Title = &LimitReturns($in{Member5Title});
my $Member1Posts = &LimitReturns($in{Member1Posts});
my $Member2Posts = &LimitReturns($in{Member2Posts});
my $Member3Posts = &LimitReturns($in{Member3Posts});
my $Member4Posts = &LimitReturns($in{Member4Posts});
my $Member5Posts = &LimitReturns($in{Member5Posts});
my $NewbieStarNum = &LimitReturns($in{NewbieStarNum});
my $JrMemberStarNum = &LimitReturns($in{JrMemberStarNum});
my $MemberStarNum = &LimitReturns($in{MemberStarNum});
my $Member1StarNum = &LimitReturns($in{Member1StarNum});
my $Member2StarNum = &LimitReturns($in{Member2StarNum});
my $Member3StarNum = &LimitReturns($in{Member3StarNum});
my $Member4StarNum = &LimitReturns($in{Member4StarNum});
my $Member5StarNum = &LimitReturns($in{Member5StarNum});
my $ModeratorStarNum = &LimitReturns($in{ModeratorStarNum});
my $AdminStarNum = &LimitReturns($in{AdminStarNum});
my $NewbieStarURL = &LimitReturns($in{NewbieStarURL});
my $JrMemberStarURL = &LimitReturns($in{JrMemberStarURL});
my $MemberStarURL = &LimitReturns($in{MemberStarURL});
my $Member1StarURL = &LimitReturns($in{Member1StarURL});
my $Member2StarURL = &LimitReturns($in{Member2StarURL});
my $Member3StarURL = &LimitReturns($in{Member3StarURL});
my $Member4StarURL = &LimitReturns($in{Member4StarURL});
my $Member5StarURL = &LimitReturns($in{Member5StarURL});
my $ModeratorStarURL = &LimitReturns($in{ModeratorStarURL});
my $AdminStarURL = &LimitReturns($in{AdminStarURL});
$MemberTitle = &SmallClean($MemberTitle);
$JrMemberTitle = &SmallClean($JrMemberTitle);
$AdminTitle = &SmallClean($AdminTitle);
$ModeratorTitle = &SmallClean($ModeratorTitle);
$NewbieTitle = &SmallClean($NewbieTitle);
$JrMemberPosts = &SmallClean($JrMemberPosts);
$Member1Title = &SmallClean($Member1Title);
$Member2Title = &SmallClean($Member2Title);
$Member3Title = &SmallClean($Member3Title);
$Member4Title = &SmallClean($Member4Title);
$Member5Title = &SmallClean($Member5Title);
$Member1Posts = &SmallClean($Member1Posts);
$Member2Posts = &SmallClean($Member2Posts);
$Member3Posts = &SmallClean($Member3Posts);
$Member4Posts = &SmallClean($Member4Posts);
$Member5Posts = &SmallClean($Member5Posts);
$NewbieStarNum = &SmallClean($NewbieStarNum);
$JrMemberStarNum = &SmallClean($JrMemberStarNum);
$MemberStarNum = &SmallClean($MemberStarNum);
$Member1StarNum = &SmallClean($Member1StarNum);
$Member2StarNum = &SmallClean($Member2StarNum);
$Member3StarNum = &SmallClean($Member3StarNum);
$Member4StarNum = &SmallClean($Member4StarNum);
$Member5StarNum = &SmallClean($Member5StarNum);
$ModeratorStarNum = &SmallClean($ModeratorStarNum);
$AdminStarNum = &SmallClean($AdminStarNum);
$NewbieStarURL = &SmallClean($NewbieStarURL);
$JrMemberStarURL = &SmallClean($JrMemberStarURL);
$MemberStarURL = &SmallClean($MemberStarURL);
$Member1StarURL = &SmallClean($Member1StarURL);
$Member2StarURL = &SmallClean($Member2StarURL);
$Member3StarURL = &SmallClean($Member3StarURL);
$Member4StarURL = &SmallClean($Member4StarURL);
$Member5StarURL = &SmallClean($Member5StarURL);
$ModeratorStarURL = &SmallClean($ModeratorStarURL);
$AdminStarURL = &SmallClean($AdminStarURL);
$BBClosedMessage = &LimitReturns($BBClosedMessage);
$censorwords = &LimitReturns($censorwords);

#check censor words for parentheses!
if ($censorwords =~ m/(,|(|)|]|[)/) {
&StandardHTML("ERROR

We cannot process this request because you have a censor word list that includes at least one illegal character. You may not use any of the following characters in your censor word list:

, ( ) [ ]
");
}

# write to file!
open (FILE, ">$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_misc.cgi") or die("Unable to open vars_misc.cgi file for writing.");
&lock;
print FILE qq!%vars_misc = (n!;
print FILE qq!ReplyQuote => "$in{ReplyQuote}",n!;
print FILE qq!BBStatus => "$in{BBStatus}",n!;
print FILE qq!BBClosedMessage => q~$BBClosedMessage~,n!;
print FILE qq!censorwords => q~$censorwords~,n!;
print FILE qq!MemberMinimum => "$in{MemberMinimum}",n!;
print FILE qq!AdminTitle => q~$AdminTitle~,n!;
print FILE qq!ModeratorTitle => q~$ModeratorTitle~,n!;
print FILE qq!MemberTitle => q~$MemberTitle~,n!;
print FILE qq!JrMemberTitle => q~$JrMemberTitle~,n!;

Hope this help u solve the problem!
The problem lies in this bit of coding:

#check censor words for parentheses!
if ($censorwords =~ m/(,|(|)|]|[)/) {
&StandardHTML("ERROR

We cannot process this request because you
have a censor word list that includes at least one illegal character. You may
not use any of the following characters in your censor word
list:

, ( ) [ ]
");
}
Is that the fixed coding, or is that just the location of the problem?
That's where the coding is messed up...probably that coding was separated by line breaks in your file; in your text editor, remove those returns between all the lines of

&StandardHTML("ERROR

We cannot process this request because you
have a censor word list that includes at least one illegal character. You may
not use any of the following characters in your censor word
list:

, ( ) [ ]
");
Ok, thnx!

Im gonna go try it out now, ill post back in 10 min!
Sh*t!

Didnt fix my problem, i get the same error!
Ahh...found it.

>>>Find:

my @ValidateArray = ("BBStatus", "BBClosedMessage", "MemberMinimum", "AdminTitle", "ModeratorTitle", "MemberTitle", "Member1Title", "Member2Title", "Member3Title", "Member4Title", "Member5Title", "Member1Posts", "Member2Posts", "Member3Posts", "Member4Posts", "Member5Posts", "JrMemberTitle", "JrMemberPosts", "NewbieTitle", "NewbieStarNum", "JrMemberStarNum", "MemberStarNum", "Member1StarNum", "Member2StarNum", "Member3StarNum", "Member4StarNum", "Member5StarNum", "ModeratorStarNum", "AdminStarNum", "NewbieStarURL", "JrMemberStarURL", "MemberStarURL", "Member1StarURL", "Member2StarURL", "Member3StarURL", "Member4StarURL", "Member5StarURL", "ModeratorStarURL", "AdminStarURL", "Censor", "EditOption", "IP", "EnglishSubjectCheck", "edit_public_names", "FloodCheck", "use_cache", "FloodCheckSpan", "EditWording");tle", "Censor", "EditOption", "IP", "EnglishSubjectCheck", "edit_public_names", "FloodCheck", "use_cache", "FloodCheckSpan", "EditWording");

>>>Replace with:

my @ValidateArray = ("BBStatus", "BBClosedMessage", "MemberMinimum", "AdminTitle", "ModeratorTitle", "MemberTitle", "Member1Title", "Member2Title", "Member3Title", "Member4Title", "Member5Title", "Member1Posts", "Member2Posts", "Member3Posts", "Member4Posts", "Member5Posts", "JrMemberTitle", "JrMemberPosts", "NewbieTitle", "NewbieStarNum", "JrMemberStarNum", "MemberStarNum", "Member1StarNum", "Member2StarNum", "Member3StarNum", "Member4StarNum", "Member5StarNum", "ModeratorStarNum", "AdminStarNum", "NewbieStarURL", "JrMemberStarURL", "MemberStarURL", "Member1StarURL", "Member2StarURL", "Member3StarURL", "Member4StarURL", "Member5StarURL", "ModeratorStarURL", "AdminStarURL", "Censor", "EditOption", "IP", "EnglishSubjectCheck", "edit_public_names", "FloodCheck", "use_cache", "FloodCheckSpan", "EditWording");

You had replaced it wrong somehow when you installed it.

EDIT: took off those code tags...this got too wide

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: Dark Templar ]
Sweet!

Its all workin good now!

Thank for the help Dark Templar! laugh
No problem, no problem at all!
Dark Templar
When i install your Star/Status Hack then it dont work
when the members post more then i have say in the Miscellaneous Settings then the status dont change by the members profile and by the topic or reply.
i work with ubb 6.02.
Please help me
P.S: And the hack when i instal it then the text off the status and stars in Miscellaneous Settings are bigger then the other txt of Miscellaneous Settings.
and what do you mean with this????
Make the fourth custom registration information box say "Custom Status"
must i also put a vink on something then when i make the fourth custom box??
When i install it, my Flag Hack ****ed and now its shows the url of the flag image.
=-My Furom-= .
user name: user
pass: user
please help!! wink
I installed the stars hack with no problem at all !

I tried to install the falg hack and it didn't work !

I think they are incompatible with each other . Thats the extent of my knoledge on this and most other subjects .
I'll have a look at the flag hack to tell you what the deal is with that.
Is this hack working on 6.04?

And also I have a question: I dont want to hack my board very much untill i get a version that i will keep for a time. So is 6.04 stable and good, or should I wait for 6.05/6.1 or something? Any help appriciated.
There's no reason it shouldn't work on 6.0.4 Nicolai. And it depends on how you want to do things, whether or not to hack the current one or wait for the next one. There will be quite a few versions released in the next few months, as they fix bugs. It's really up to you how you want to do it.
I added this hack to my board...I am administrator with 6.0.4 and everything worked alright except the users can't make their own custom status...the box is there in the profile...but when I test the status it still says like "Mr. President" and not my Custom status....what did I miss, or what did I do wrong..

Thanks for this gr8 hack!

Patrick
It should look like this:

Username
Status because of posts
Custom Status (if there is one)

If what you're wanting is for Custom Status to replace the post status, I'll document that addon tomorrow.
Are there any changes to the code in version 4.52 to 4.53?
Just used beyond compare and compared the old text.file from version 4.52(i use) and the new text.file to version 4.53,but i can't se any changes to the code.

So i guess there is no reason for me to upgrade to version 4.53 wink
Anyway thanks for this great hack that works like i charme on my ubb6.03 smile
gr8 will install right away smile
Mine still does not work Dark Templar...I added the hack...but the Custom Status does not show up at all....does this only effect new members? Or what.?
quote:
Are you sure you added the "Custom Status" to your Custom Registration Field # 4: in your Registration Settings?
I'm sorry, but at the end of the hack (YES! I did install and find everything properly) It says upload the stars folder, I don't have a stars folder...
Patrick: cali3d took the words right outta my mouth

cali3d: Code is unchanged, directions are modified however so people understand just what the "Member" status is.

Seven of Nine: the directions right above that line say:
quote:
Unzip and upload the folder. laugh

EDIT: Silly thing put [/quote] in the URL.
Works now guys...I was placing it in the first custom field....Thanks!
Is there any way you can add smilies to the custom status?

Thanks
Patrick
There is no easy way to add smilies to the custom status.
OK Just wondering...I have seen it on some old 5.0 ver. and on alot of VBB...but thanks...

Great hack!
Thanks; Glad you're enjoying it!
i am just waiting for you to add MegaMod to it befor i start playing with your hack. tipsy
nice hack dt, thanks. i see the name of the custom field 4 does not need to be "Custom Status", does it? thats great because of my language

just a note, id like to use ubb6 new behavior, to just appear "moderator" name on posts made in the moderator fóruns. i saw that your hack changed that, you know how i can change this back? thanks!

edit: im getting some errors, members are getting the jr. member title (with posts to be member), anyone passed thru this already

edit2: oh and hey dt, this is changing the "unregistered" poster title to the "newbie" one. i installed it on 6.04a

edit3: more info on the first error, the profile status of the member is correct, the title in the post is incorrect

edit4: make the Member Rank 1 equal to Member huh.. you could hide one of these..

[ April 16, 2001 05:21 AM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Thanks DT for this hack,

I installed it on 6.04 no problems. I dont want users to be able to select there own status, so i hae turned custom field 4 off, and i also wanted 15 different stati so i simply changed eery reference of member 1 to 5 to 1 to 15.

Do you for see any problems with me doing this?
quote:
I have the exact same problem. Once the member passes the number of post required set for the Members field, the person's profile does not reflect the change. Regardless of the number of posts, the Member status is stuck to the Junior Member Title.

Bhavin
CopyCat- Thanks, I'll look into those.

kristian- Baaaaaaaaad idea. But if you must do it, make sure you do that to all the modified files, including cp_vars_misc.pl where you enter the CP info.

Bhavin- I'll look into that
ttest
I made it into a .shw for ya...
http://clanes.netfirms.com/hacks/starstat.shw
Hey Dark Templar. I'd REALLY like this script on my UBB (6.04a), and I followed your directions 100% (put things where they were supposed to go, replaced the correct things, etc.) and no matter what, the Control Panel settings don't show up. You said that you could access the "Star Status" from the Misc. menu, but nothings there.

Will this hack work for 6.04a?
Try Primary Settings, Misc Options.

and someone make this hack enable rank styles so people can pick what style of rank they want
Posted By: MJB Re: [6.0x] Stars/Status Hack for UBB6 [ Finished ] - 04/17/2001 12:31 AM
quote:
Why is it a bad idea DT? I don't want users to have their own custom status either so I just left out the part where you enter Custom Status in field 4. What's "make sure you do that to all the modified files, including cp_vars_misc.pl where you enter the CP info."?
MJB- Look again at what kristian's question was.

EDIT: Can't spell sometimes... wink

[ April 17, 2001 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Dark Templar ]
DOH!!!! YOU MEAN ALL THIS TIME!?

All of the uploading and retrying?! All of the thinking my forum was broke!? Ah.. dammit. Being new sucks.

Thanks guys, hehe
/me dies
Heh, sorry about that. I'll try and make it more clear so this doesn't happen again. laugh
Heh, no wonder I couldn't figure it out. Good hack, my man. smile
Great hack thanx, Only one problem I am new to this and it is probably something stupid but if I use the graphic stars it works but if I try to use the animated admin graphics it wont load them. Any help would be cool

[ April 18, 2001 08:10 PM: Message edited by: lostboy4480 ]
Yeah, I may change how that is handled so you can use different types of stars in one rank, but it means you will have to type in URLs in the boxes, instead of a list separated with spaces...then again, I'll try to study arrays better, and see what I can do with that.
I can get the stars to appear fine but if I try to use an animated on I just get the big red X
Great hack! I installed in my ubb test board which is running 6.04a and it went fine. Thanks for the hack!

Eliza

[ April 19, 2001 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Eliza ]
Make sure the animated admin GIF is in your stars directory, and that you have typed the name of it (not the URL, but the name) in the box.
Check the filenames - the Admin Stars are written with capital letters and have a slightly different spelling. Don't know why they are named like they are, but you have to live with it laugh
confused Hi there..
I hope I dont bother you.. but I'm not the verry best in Hacks.. Got the problem that I editet the files like you sayd in the Instructions Uploaded them and nothing realy happend. ? Well the board is still working normaly but I cant see anything what could match with the Hack.. ?
Could anybody Help me please..

Ok guys... Works... thanks anyway.. smile

[ April 20, 2001 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Animal ]
why i have this messege when i try to enter in the control panel???

Error including required files: [Fri Apr 20 16:29:38 2001] cp.cgi: syntax error at cp_lib.cgi line 824, near "tle", "" [Fri Apr 20 16:29:38 2001] cp.cgi: syntax error at cp_lib.cgi line 911, near "P>" [Fri Apr 20 16:29:38 2001] cp.cgi: "use" not allowed in expression at cp_lib.cgi line 911, near "not " [Fri Apr 20 16:29:38 2001] cp.cgi: syntax error at cp_lib.cgi line 911, near " " Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Thanks for help!

[ April 20, 2001 06:30 PM: Message edited by: SiNeD ]
Sined, read page 2 of this topic, someone else made the EXACT same mistake installing it as you did, and it says how to fix it.
Thank you!!!

It work very fine!!
DT, my question:

I don't want stars, or bars. I don't want custom titles. All I want is MORE statii than "Member" and "Junior Member". Five more would be great.

Is yours the best hack for this?

Thanks

Micah Laguna
If you just want to add more ranks, then I think this hack will be better:

Jimbo's Custom Status/Rank
great, thanks
everything is working but the stars come up as a box with a x in it. I read some of the other post and made sure I put in the Admin7.gif and star8.gif and other but it still come up wrong.
I'll be sure to try to download this as well in a moment. I'm sure however I'll be back here more. (for one because I'm sure I'll have questions to ask since I'm still rather new to all this)

Btw, DarkTemplar, do you play Shattered Galaxy? That, well nearly that phrase is used in the game as well. smile
Dark Templar I have a problem. When my users pass the mark for the next level, the status doesnt change. They are still at Junior Member.
Can you give me an idea of what is wrong? I followed your instructions and even reinstalled it, and got the same thing.
I'm using v6.01, here is my board: http://exiso.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks

[ April 24, 2001 10:30 PM: Message edited by: the3jams ]
billybob - did you get the stars.zip, unzip it, and upload it to your noncgi directory?

-=Xane=- - No I don't play shattered galaxy. I made up this phrase as a variant to the Zone Wars' bad translation to: "All your base are belong to us"

the3jams - this is the fifty millionth time I've had to answer this. Read the other pages of this, and the pages of this in the beta modifications board if you don't believe about how many times I've had to answer this. Member status is just for the profile, not for display in posts.
And what if u have the flags hack?
well..... i installed the ranks, A: they do not update after 14 posts on the post reply screen, but they do update on profile!

SECOND, urgent:
THE FLAGS DO NOT COME UP NO MORE

help confused confused
quote:
Yes I understand that, but that isnt the problem. The problem is when the reach Jr. Member rank in their posts it will not go past that. This has nothing to do with the profile, Im talkin under the name with the stars.

I followed your direction, even tried installing again, and got the same problem.
Oh its ok flags do work!

but the rank aint updating on post/reply screens. it is in profile!
help confused
yes i did load them in the non cgi file
Great hack! Worked on the first attempt...

But I have a problem... I am not allowing Custom Titles for everyone. I want each moderator to have their own custom title, and their own unique stars. Can I manually add/hack this somewhere like in UBB5.x? Can someone help me here? TIA
quote:
GREAT! because of this malfunction, I have had to delay my grand opening of my forum! frown
well, should be fixed within a month by my estimate!
(sorry feeling really grouchy about this problem, my final hack on the board and its the one that dont work)
When a member replies to a topic that a jr mem started and has a number over the jr member post limit, he only has a jr mem status. Is this similar to the3jams' problem?

eg. billy has 1 post and starts a topic (only 1 star showing. Good.).
jerimiah has 16 posts (1 post over the jr mem limit; therefore, should have 2 stars instead of 1 star showing. Bad.) and replies to billy's topic.

i'm using 6.03. VERSION: 4.53 of the hack.
I think I got it to work. In the CP I made Member = Member Rank 1. Meaning simply gave them the same post value and rank name.

If this is what Dark Templar was refering to, then it wasnt very clear.
quote:
I keep saying this smile. Member status is ONLY for profile disply, it ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT affect post displays. That's it, I'm taking Member status out of that block of entries, putting it in a separate area to enter the info for, and specially labeling it "for profile ONLY".
Dark T:
i found a little prob,
when you have the mega(super) mod installed, than it shows the super mods as "Junior Poster"

what do i have to change to fix that?

(btw nice hack)
I will be writing an addon to this hack for Mega Moderators as soon as I install mega mods on my forums. It will be a little while.
So does this mod effect member ratings option.

I ran the old star hack one on my 5 board and cant wait to use this one.

If this has already been talked about please accept my apology.

Cryptik
no, this does not affect member ratings.
Posted By: MZ Re: [6.0x] Stars/Status Hack for UBB6 [ Finished ] - 04/27/2001 11:50 AM
Hi!

Nice Hack!!! Installed and worked fine. But 1 Question:

When a Member increases Jr. Member to Member it is not shown in the Threads but when he is reaching the next level (Sr. Member) then he is shown correctly as it.

My Ranks:
Jr. Member 20
Member 70
Sr. Member 150

Any hints why that occurs?
I think the cache is the problem!!!you chould turn it off...
Grizzle gruzzle, so what im getting from reading all of the previous is that you cannot use different more than one star at once (ex. you'd see just one star duplicated 6 times)?

I saw one board doing it wtih all different admin stars...but then again it was a 5.47 board.

-hackr
Yes on 5.4* versions it looked nicer
with the stars2000hack,
maybe it will be possible with this one to in the future!

Time will tell
MZ, I have answered that question so many times in this topic. Please, read this topic for the answer!!!
just want to confirm (pls answer me....... just yes or no)

newbie rank 1
jr member 0 title (show in profile only)
member 50 rank 2
member 1 100 rank 3
etc.

am i correct??
thanks a lot!!
any 1 made a Status hack like EasyWarez have to ubb6 ???? check EW forum COOL STATUS HACK

http://easywarez.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

laugh laugh laugh
This hack installed fine on my testboard, so I went and tired to install it on my main board and every thing is fine, the custom status works fine, the cp works fine. Just when somebody posts the stars don't show up. They have the space for them just no stars. I looked in the public_topic_page because I figured that is where my problem would be and everything seems to be fine. I even compared it to the one on my test board. I have uploaded and re-uploaded the stars and everything. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eliza
hey hey

i feel a little stupid, but im having a little problem with this hack

i have the mega moderator hack installed, so i had to edit this hack a little

quote:
I found what it told me too, and i seen that mine had the "Mega Moderator" part in it...so i replaced the whole segment, but added my "Mega Moderator" part into it...im not for sure if this had any effect on the results or not...

quote:
alright, i get confused there

so i skipped that and went to miscellaneous settings, and see that theres nothing to change...

i go ahead and hit "Update Miscellaneous Settings", and i get this huge error:

quote:
alright, this may seem like a stupid and little problem to most of you, but i just started on UBB's not that long ago, yet ive installed some long hacks...i dont know why im having problems with this one

i been having problems with the "who's online" also, but ill wait till that comes out on final modifications to ask about it

Heres info about my board:

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04a
http://tdhdesigns.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

help is really appreciated, if you can help

thanks

..::|-Peace-|::..
Troca_King - u can do that with this hack, you just use different images.
oki when this hack was in beta i asked this question, but nw i forgot how to do it again frown

DT. I want that Moderators stay moderators only in the forum they are moderartors off.

ps. can you include this as FAQ ? for peeps that want this feature?
Timothy:
quote:
No, its:

newbie rank 1
jr member 0 rank 2
member 50 (shows in profile only)
member 1 100 rank 3
etc.
xXDaRoadie- You DO need to change things in misc. settings...perhaps you did not modify and upload cp_vars_misc.pl to your templates directory?

Compboy- yes, I will document that as soon as i can; im in the middle of a big project right now, (may or may not be for ubb ;)), but ill try to get it out soon. most people want mods to show up as mods in all forums (helps to know if you are insulting staff or just members :D) so thats the way I packaged it. its actually quite simple, you just need to change a hash slice to a certain scalar.
Nice hack, i got it to work the first time i put it up.

However, you might want to note that you need to update member stat files and, i believe, also clear the cache before you can work it. I had some troubles with rankings until i did this, now it works great!

PS. Nice hack! smile
yay i got it to work, thanks dude

but when i go to edit the custom registration fields in the registration section...i still get this error:

quote:
Any ideas???

also, as dumb as this may seem, how do you add different stars in the admin box...

theres 7 different Administrator stars, but i can only enter one...*continues feeling dumb*

sorry for all of the questions, but im sorta lost :-/

(im running 6.04a board, at the url: http://tdhdesigns.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi )

did you make sure the custom status field was custom field #4?

as for the different admin stars; I dont have it set to allow different admin stars yet. I just realized how to do it in a sweet array, so that will be done soon. smile (gotta love foreach loops ;))
hey hey

yeah, its in the 4th field:

[Linked Image]

then, after i submit it, i get this FYI:

[Linked Image]

*sigh*, maybe i entered the info wrong when i modified the file...but the thing is, i forgot which file it was (it sucks being new and learning how to do stuff)

have any suggestions dude...

but dont rush on the different admin stars...i might just edit the individual stars and make a GIF blinking bar for administrators...

well, if i can think of a good solution for a temp. admin bar, ill make it and post it

but no rush and thanks again

quote:
Thx will be looking into it. if i can't find the "scalar" i'll let you know. laugh
hey hey

nevermind, i found a solution...

xxdaroadie- allowhighbit is some other hack, or built into the UBB, none of the code in my hack messes with that file, or at least it shouldnt.

compboy- Did that addon you wanted. This addon makes mods show up as mods in ONLY the forums they moderate. I personally dont like this feature, and can't recommend this addon, but I provide it here. http://theultimagamers.hypermart.net/ubb6hacks/nomodsaddon.txt

I have also updated the normal directions to reflect this link, but not include the change. Happy coding!
I have the following problem when trying to install this hack on my UBB 6.0.

quote:
I installed the hack, then went to the control panel to modify the misc. But I forgot to add in custom to registration. However, I did that after I received the error message above. It still did no help. Please advice on what my next step should be in fixing this problem. I also have the avatar hack installed. Will that pose a problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.
quote:
Thx.
i forgot to tell you that i found it out by myself hehehe.. but Thanks again smile
it's a little diff. from what i did.
i only changed Userprofile[8] to user_status.
ranklists- probably an installation error; redo the cp_lib.cgi modifying is the best I can recommend without knowing more about the problem.

compboy- that will work laugh
I'll ask again... Please Help!! Thanks!

"This hack installed fine on my testboard, so I went and tired to install it on my main board and every thing is fine, the custom status works fine, the cp works fine. Just when somebody posts the stars don't show up. They have the space for them just no stars. I looked in the public_topic_page because I figured that is where my problem would be and everything seems to be fine. I even compared it to the one on my test board. I have uploaded and re-uploaded the stars and everything. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated."

Eliza
Hello all smile
Just tried too install this neat hack on my forum smile

UBB 6.05 Aftershock Edition.

I did all the stuff it said about putting in things in Pl files and one cgi file, I did many errors but after a while I fixed them and the forum loaded like it worked, but when I go into Misc for fixing it...I dont see the star and staus button, I hit update and it sayd I forgotten all the ranks...hmm but I dont see them. Otherwise the forum is ok smile
You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: MemberMinimum
You did not complete: AdminTitle
You did not complete: ModeratorTitle
You did not complete: MemberTitle
You did not complete: Member1Title
You did not complete: Member2Title
You did not complete: Member3Title
You did not complete: Member4Title
You did not complete: Member5Title
You did not complete: Member1Posts
You did not complete: Member2Posts
You did not complete: Member3Posts
You did not complete: Member4Posts
You did not complete: Member5Posts
You did not complete: JrMemberTitle
You did not complete: JrMemberPosts
You did not complete: NewbieTitle
You did not complete: NewbieStarNum
You did not complete: JrMemberStarNum
You did not complete: MemberStarNum
You did not complete: Member1StarNum
You did not complete: Member2StarNum
You did not complete: Member3StarNum
You did not complete: Member4StarNum
You did not complete: Member5StarNum
You did not complete: ModeratorStarNum
You did not complete: AdminStarNum
You did not complete: NewbieStarURL
You did not complete: JrMemberStarURL
You did not complete: MemberStarURL
You did not complete: Member1StarURL
You did not complete: Member2StarURL
You did not complete: Member3StarURL
You did not complete: Member4StarURL
You did not complete: Member5StarURL
You did not complete: ModeratorStarURL
You did not complete: AdminStarURL
This thing is wierd...i put in the rank 1 status at 20 posts to make the poster a trooper but he remains a civilian(junior member)...the only thing that is changed is the number of stars...plus there is nothig in the custom status...it doesn't apear under the persons name!
Please help me! (maybe sand me a mail ihradu@go.ro )
thank you!
Hi,

I installed the hack, but whenever I try to change anything in the misc menue, I get the message that I don´t have the permission to do that. What did I do wrong ?

Thanks
Dennis
Posted By: Bo$$ Re: [6.0x] Stars/Status Hack for UBB6 [ Finished ] - 05/18/2001 10:46 PM
check the chmod for your uploaded files...
and then if it still doesn't work...check it again! smile
I'm using the stars hqack on my UBB6 board (the one that integrates into your CP). I'm having some kind of problem with it. I specified in the CP that anyone with 31-100 posts is called "Demon Bait." And from 101-500, your title changes to "Sunnydale High Student." For some reason, people are still keeping the demon bait title until they reach 500 posts. I'm looking at the CP, and everything appears right, but for some reason the board's not following what it says in the CP.

BTW, I reuploaded an old members directory (from a version of the board before the stars hack was added) after I added the stars hack. Could this be it?

[Linked Image]

[ May 18, 2001 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Lawless ]
Lawless...please..read...the...other..posts..in...this...therad...i...have...answered...your...question...before...millions...of...people...have...asked...it...already...
Dark Templar I installed this hack long time ago still have not got no errors good job man laugh
ok i need help

i installed this hack on a 6.04e that has been hacked quite severely already but before this everything was in working order

now.....
i installed the hack and one of the previas hacks i had installed long ango was the mega mod hakc it was one of the first ones i added so i cant remove it prior to installing this hack

heres what i did since i saw no additions to this hack from anyone else and if there is i missed it

anyway EVERYWHERE in EVERY file ALL 3 of them if it was a section that the instructions said to modify and the new stuf or the replacement stuff didnt include any " MEGAMOD " line as the already existing files did i added just as other new lines are and i made soure to keep the megamod always ahead of the mod and gefore the admin and i did this to all lines where where the mod was

ok so basicly i added Megamod lines to all 3 modifications where they should be if ths where to have worked

now the problem is that when i go to set my member ranks and star#'s and crap
i get a funny error

this is that error

[Linked Image]
and here is how i had it set [note] I had the megamod set [note]

[Linked Image]
***EDIT***
ok in the feild where it has 31 for member i realize that is only for the profile ok thats dont with but...
the original field where i had 31 to reach full member status is still there and screwingthings up i think

what i have to do is place the 31 in the origanal feild not what your hack adds if i put it in the field your hack adds what it does is when i update my settings and come back that next time both field boxes have now duplicated the number 31 making it 3131 and i leave this way and update it again the next time i come backa fter that it will be 313131 and it just keeps doing if i dont manually change it everytime i update my settings

also now as i said i understand about the MEMBER thing

but when my users go from jr member to member rank 1 (10 posts@jr. and 61 posts@member rank1) it does not show correctly untill they hit 121 posts and advance to member rank 2 it completely skips showing the meber rank 1 status in posts and givng them the stars

and yes i fixed the thing that i posted these pics for i had to use the real mega mod add on but now my megamods have no status,no stars,no power, NOTHING even tho i used the megamod addon it still didnt work

but yes the problems named above were there before the megamod upgrade and are still there
[Linked Image]

[ June 01, 2001 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Murassmeblade ]
I get this error when I try to install it:

syntax error at /home/arena/www/ubb/Templates/public_topic_page.pl line 130, near ") "
How do i make the Admin stars like the ones on UBB5 (Stars 2001 Hack) I want like 10 stars to glow all with different colors for the admin.. it looks better. how do i do that!!?
Sorry if this has been addressed before... i noticed that the custom titles are not reported correctly in the various "profile" screens (your own and others' profile). I used this little hack to correct this:

##### in ubb_lib.cgi (cgi-bin dir) find:

sub CustomTitle {
local($custom_title);

if ($_[0] eq 'Administrator') {
$custom_title = "$vars_misc{AdminTitle}";
}
elsif ($_[0] eq 'Moderator') {
$custom_title = "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}";
}
elsif ($_[0] eq 'Member') {
$custom_title = "$vars_misc{MemberTitle}";
} elsif ($_[0] eq 'Junior Member') {
$custom_title = "$vars_misc{JrMemberTitle}";
}

return($custom_title);
} # end customer title sr

### change that to:

sub CustomTitle {
local($star_status);

if ($_[0] eq "Administrator") {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{AdminTitle}";
} elsif ($_[0] eq "Moderator") {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}";
} else {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{NewbieTitle}";

if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{JrMemberPosts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{JrMemberTitle}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{MemberMinimum}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{MemberTitle}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{Member1Posts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{Member1Title}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{Member2Posts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{Member2Title}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{Member3Posts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{Member3Title}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{Member4Posts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{Member4Title}";
}
if ($_[1] > $vars_misc{Member5Posts}) {
$star_status = "$vars_misc{Member5Title}";
}

}

return ($star_status);
} #end hack

##### in: cp_users.cgi,ubb_lib_posting.cgi,ubb_pm.cgi,ubb_profile.cgi (all in cgi-bin)

##find:
&CustomTitle($user_profile[8]);

###change that to:
&CustomTitle($user_profile[8],$user_profile[7]);

#end

Hope this helps...
btw, compliments on this beautiful hack, my users LOVE it
Is there any way of just getting the stars part but not the custom status part? Or can i turn that off because I don't want my members to change their status.
BUG ?

if u are a mod in one of the forum u become the "mod-status and stars" in all topics. also there u are no mod. too.

u understand ?

[ www.chat-board.de ]
... ?
bump laugh
Posted By: KRW Re: [6.0x] Stars/Status Hack for UBB6 [ Finished ] - 07/10/2001 11:21 PM
Hack works great except for one thing. The number of posts for member status is messed up now. If I enter '10' for min. number of posts to be a member, each time I update misc. settings the number already in the field is replicated. Sounds confusing, here is what I mean:
if I change the min. number to '10' and update, when I come back to look at it, it now says '1010'. If I update and come back again it says '10101010'. Any idea what is going on here?
Using 6.05, and it works GREAT! Got it working on my first try... very nice!

THANK YOU!!!!

[Linked Image]

[ July 11, 2001 01:19 AM: Message edited by: E.J. Hunyadi ]
quote:

the same ... (only on the second line!?)
I'm sorry melder, I don't understand what you mean.
Hey all...sorry I haven't been around in a while; I've been programming a really nice chat script called "Ultima Chat 2001", which is really shaping up...I'm taking a break from working on it right now to come here and help out smile.

KRW, read this thread through, someone else had the EXACT same problem, and I told him/her how to fix it.
Posted By: KRW Re: [6.0x] Stars/Status Hack for UBB6 [ Finished ] - 07/13/2001 12:58 AM
Missed it the first time, thanks man.
I installed it, and now when I go into cp.cgi, after logging in I get this error.
Software error:

Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment at /d02/sec/s17/a0004xsu/cgi-bin/vars_misc.cgi line 13, near "q~Member~," Compilation failed in require at cp_lib.cgi line 405.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (Your Webmaster), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

and I can't even access ultimatebb.cgi it gives me this error.

Error including required files:
Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Quick I need help, even when I put my backup files back, it doesn't work...
[never mind - I found my answer]

[these forums wouldn't be so cluttered if you let us delete our own posts, y'know?]

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: jgeoff ]
can this be made where you a persons status is controled from the cp?
Hi,

It's a great hack that you made!!!! But i found a small bug! The titel from jr.member is not changing in to member! See this:

if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{JrMemberPosts}) {
$thesestars = $JrMemberStarURL x $vars_misc{JrMemberStarNum};
}
if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{Member1Posts}) {
$thesestars = $Member1StarURL x $vars_misc{Member1StarNum};
}
if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{Member2Posts}) {
$thesestars = $Member2StarURL x $vars_misc{Member2StarNum};
}

You forgot one section to add! It must be:

if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{JrMemberPosts}) {
$thesestars = $JrMemberStarURL x $vars_misc{JrMemberStarNum};
}
if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{MemberPosts}) {
$thesestars = $MemberStarURL x $vars_misc{MemberStarNum};
$star_status = "$vars_misc{MemberTitle}";
}

if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{Member1Posts}) {
$thesestars = $Member1StarURL x $vars_misc{Member1StarNum};
}
if ($user_profile[7] > $vars_misc{Member2Posts}) {
$thesestars = $Member2StarURL x $vars_misc{Member2StarNum};
}

That's it.

Cya!!! laugh wink

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: coolwarez ]
I have installed this hack and it worked perfectly. Better than the old stars hack since this one you could change the names and stars a lot easier in the CP.

However I have several ranks that I had on my old 5.xx boards and they had a picture and stars under the rank. I tried to first see if I could add a 6th rank from your mod and it worked just fine. Then I went ahead and did 20 ranks and when I uploaded everything it made everyone the rank of Member except Moderators and Admins had their correct ranks.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or another stars/rank that allows what I am wanting?
Dark Templar I sent you a PM with my question on the script instead.

Thanks,
WxGuru

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: WxGuru ]
Great hack, just installed it and it works perfectly.
I installed this on 6.05, it only seems to be recognizing the default statuses for UBB. It shows stars...and it lets me set the amount of stars for jr. member, member, mod, and admin, but i can't effectively set ranks or statuese for any other statuses above Member..help! eek
MadCow- Looks like an error in cp_lib.cgi; check the coding in there.

coolwarez- that's a feature, not a bug

Saturn- make sure you edited EVERY FILE to reflect the updates. Including cp_lib.cgi.

insanemonkey: you can see the places to set it in the cp? if so, then it's a problem with either cp_lib.cgi or public_topic_page.pl
DT: I'm still having problems. What is so strange is, when I view someone's profile, it shows their correct member status. But on the topic page, it just shows either jr. member or member (or mod/admin).

i checked to see if i left out anything in the files you mentioned and it was all correct. hell the cache is even off.

What could it be?

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: insanemonkey ]
Check the following things for me:

*Can you see the place to enter all the new member fields in the CP?

*Download and open vars_misc.cgi from your web host, and see if it has the new fields in it.

(These things help isolate the problem)
if it says u havent completed all of the fields, click back, and fill in those fields, it doesnt matter what u put, just u cant leave em blank
whoops, didnt see the pages after the first, sorry so behind on the help smile
quote:
yes and yes. are there any known conflicts with existing hacks? I have a good amount installed...
Doesn't work....... I don't see the Stars install....... When i push update i get this:
You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: MemberMinimum
You did not complete: AdminTitle
You did not complete: ModeratorTitle
You did not complete: MemberTitle
You did not complete: Member1Title
You did not complete: Member2Title
You did not complete: Member3Title
You did not complete: Member4Title
You did not complete: Member5Title
You did not complete: Member1Posts
You did not complete: Member2Posts
You did not complete: Member3Posts
You did not complete: Member4Posts
You did not complete: Member5Posts
You did not complete: JrMemberTitle
You did not complete: JrMemberPosts
You did not complete: NewbieTitle
You did not complete: NewbieStarNum
You did not complete: JrMemberStarNum
You did not complete: MemberStarNum
You did not complete: Member1StarNum
You did not complete: Member2StarNum
You did not complete: Member3StarNum
You did not complete: Member4StarNum
You did not complete: Member5StarNum
You did not complete: ModeratorStarNum
You did not complete: AdminStarNum
You did not complete: NewbieStarURL
You did not complete: JrMemberStarURL
You did not complete: MemberStarURL
You did not complete: Member1StarURL
You did not complete: Member2StarURL
You did not complete: Member3StarURL
You did not complete: Member4StarURL
You did not complete: Member5StarURL
You did not complete: ModeratorStarURL
You did not complete: AdminStarURL

What shall i do???
I know a few have posted this question already, but i cant figure out how to fix it from previous posts...
I installed everything, and everything appears to be fine as far as no errors, but then when i go to primary settings - miscellaneous
Nothing is there as far as the hack, i have updated everything, plus installed everything, please help
insanemonkey: Looks like the trouble is in the public_topic_page.pl template...double and triple check that is hacked properly and uploaded to the proper location

subchronic: Check cp_vars_misc.pl template
thanx, got it to work, relized later that night when i wuz lookin into it(with tha help of my minimal cgi knowledge) i relized that if it wasnt showin up in tha cp then there must be sumthin messed up with the cp misc template, so i went in, and for sumreason when i uploaded it the first time, it didnt replace the old one, so i reedited it, and also intregated the mega mod in to the table, then it worked
I'm trying to add to this hack, but I'm not having any success. I want to have the option to choose a tribe, and then they can get the rank scheme for that tribe. (If they choose tribe "Alpha", they get the Alpha ranks. If they choose "Beta" tribe, they get the Beta ranks....

In the vars_misc.cgi I turned this:
------------------------------------------------
JrMemberStarURL => q~lt.jpg~,
MemberStarURL => q~lt.jpg~,
Member1StarURL => q~lt.jpg~,

into:
JrMemberStarURL => q~$vars_config{VariablesPath}/jrmember_rank.cgi~,
MemberStarURL => q~$vars_config{VariablesPath}/member_rank.cgi~,
Member1StarURL => q~$vars_config{VariablesPath}/member1_rank.cgi~,

and it goes on and on

The jrmember_rank.cgi looks like this:

if ($user_profile[9] eq "alpha") {
$redirect = $vars_alpha_rank{Member1StarURL};
else ($user_profile[9] eq "beta") {
$redirect = $vars_beta_rank{Member1StarURL};

My vars_alpha_rank.cgi and vars_beta_rank.cgi look just like vars_misc.cgi

I also added the all the above files to be required in the ultimatebb.cgi

Here is the exact error I am getting:
quote:
I'm still new at Perl and CGI, and there is a 99.9% chance that my code is wrong. frown I just need some assistance, or even if this is possible.

If needed, we can discuss this over AIM or MSN Messenger. Just ask for my screen name. smile

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: trek9999 ]
Is there a multihack version of this hack out?
confused
I can't find the line :
print FILE qq!JrMemberTitle => q~$JrMemberTitle~,n!;

in the cp_lib.cgi file
plz help me cool laugh
nice hack/addon, but i have 2 question.

first :
after i already install this hack and set everything in the cp.cgi, i set the member status that post 0-24 msg become "Starter", everything look perfect in the forum, but in the user profile, that member status still "Junior Member".

i know it's not a big problem, but are there any solution for that problem ?

second :
N/A - 24 post : title = Starter
25 - 49 post : title = Junior Member
50 - 99 post : title = Member
100 - 174 post : title Senior Member
and so on.
the problem is, the member that already posted 71 msg should get "Member" status, but in my ubb, that member get "Junior Member" status. could someone tell me what's wrong with that ?

thanks for the advance and sorry for my poor english

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Griffin^ ]
help man.
error in cp.

/web/sites/143/denisjp/www.xgamersforum.f2s.com/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi: syntax error at /web/sites/143/denisjp/www.xgamersforum.f2s.com/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi line 940, near "tle", "" "use" not allowed in expression at /web/sites/143/denisjp/www.xgamersforum.f2s.com/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi line 1034, near "not " syntax error at /web/sites/143/denisjp/www.xgamersforum.f2s.com/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi line 1034, near "not use any " syntax error at /web/sites/143/denisjp/www.xgamersforum.f2s.com/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi line 1034, near " "
I had the other custom status hack installed, where you control it through the CP, I wonder if this will effect that at all?

[ 11-25-2001 02:08 PM: Message edited by: BloggerMan ]
I installed the hack and got this error when I tried to do anything in the CP:
--------------------------------
Error including required files: syntax error at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/cp_lib.cgi line 830, near "tle", "" syntax error at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/cp_lib.cgi line 917, near "P>" "use" not allowed in expression at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/cp_lib.cgi line 917, at end of line syntax error at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/cp_lib.cgi line 917, near " " Compilation failed in require at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/cp.cgi line 52. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
---------------------------------

Why is this and how can I fix it?
Dark Templar,

I am trying to install this hack but I keep getting memory errors. I am just copying and pasting the code from your site, to my files. I did both the "pl" files but when I started to try and change the cgi file I got a "Notepad is out of memory" error. How can I get around this?

Thanks!

Marc
great, thanks for your work
I'm having exactly the same troubles as Griffin^ and insane monkey! ('m using ubb 6.05)

I'm getting no errors and it all seemed to be working ok until someone topped 50 posts and noticed the status hadn't changed, cleared the catch but it made no difference.
The stars/custom status are working Ok for Admin and the 1st two member status'.

Any ideas to help us out?

--
[edit] Reads though the entire topic and finds:
newbie rank 1
jr member 0 rank 2
member 50 (shows in profile only)
member 1 100 rank 3

I got it now!! but what's the point in member status showing up in the profile only?! No wonder I was confused. great hack!.. when it works! laugh
© UBB.Developers