UBB.Dev
We are testing an addon to make it PHP accelerator compliant.

---------------

Hack Name: Who's Online v4.1.0 Public Beta

Requirements: UBB 6.1 Public Release Beta 2.1

New Features/Enhancements:

• tighter variable integration, code optimization, locally strict
  • cp_confirm instead of standardhtml
  • users are auto-linked to ubb profile (able to change this in settings)
  • more Wordletized wordlets (thx LK)
  • fixed foreign language guest problem (thx e@asy)

Download: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html
is there an easier way to upgrade between the version released saturday and now?
Mastermind,

am I missing something here? I downloaded the file linked here. It is the same file from saturday no changes? It even has a time stamp of then. So where is the link to the new file or in this case is there a easy snippet of code we can update which might be the easiest way.
I'm not seeing it either....

If you don't use the UBB Accelerator, would you still recommend using this version of WOL?
Hmm...

http://www.zeldaglitches.com/calvin.gif

http://www.zeldaglitches.com/calvin2.gif

Is this a bug??
It works fine if you don't use the accelerator, but the one charles and qasic are working on is not available yet and still has a few bugs. smile
Also it seems to say that for anyone.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Travis ]
it IS the same version...
i hate 17 page threads.
I am not sure if I am suppose to be able to see if LK is invisible when searching an individual forum.. Just wanted to point that out.
Mastermind you had me salivating. smile Your post made it sound above like it was PHP compliant which is what you said.

quote:
Oh well I guess you meant you are testing an add on but its not here yet.

added on 10-10-01

Oh Well Charles has the addon on code working from what I can see hopefully this means a fix shortly smile

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]
Okay the code is stable here so when should we expect a patch?
omegratron, Last I heard, there were still one or two show-stopping bugs - that's why the public beta is not yet available due to Charles' other committments.

qasic
I thought you all had it licked. Every time I stop by here which is often who's online is there.
It works, it just has some serious bugs to work out. Once I have the time to squish them, it'll be released to qasic for inclusion.
Charles you have too much on your plate you need them to clone you. smile
I'm not a novice to UBB hacking, but I *am* a novice to working with 6.1x ... quite a few changes from 5.43d, and others.

My question... The hack installed fine, but the CP's Who's Online Wordlets constantly comes up blank... the template loads, but the "navigation bar" doesn't report where you are in the CP... along with that, any time text in the Wordlets is referenced somewhere in the site, it comes up blank.

Anyone with two functioning brain cells can figure out that the wordlets stuff for this isn't working -- not installed properly?

Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The BallBusters Network
http://www.ballbusters.net
did you make sure you installed the wordlets_mods in cp.cgi just like you did in ultimatebb.cgi?

I can see now why the PHP compliant version has not been released. Nice Bug. Everyone is listed each different place they visit instead of where they are at once.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000165
VTJimL, let me know if you solve that because I had the same problem. I think it's related to the new way you install wordlets in PB2.1 using WOL4's method.
mark99, please send me your cp.cgi .. I think I know where you made your mistake but I'll like confirmation of that myself before I post.

qasic
I have the same problem here, Accelerator was enable, so I disabled it. The wordlets mod keeps coming up blank in the control panel. I have not even tried to install who's online yet due to this problem.

qasic, any update on this yet? also whats the status of the PHP (acceleration enabled) enabled who's online?
Stormy you probally wont see anything till after the public release of 6.1.

Charles needs to get the fixes to qasic for inclusion but he is busy finishing version 6.1 for release.

If you see who's online here you can still see if riddled with bugs so it aint fixed yet. smile
alright first of all thnx for the mod and i intalled it and all but i click to see whos online in the summary page i get

An error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &main::LoadStyleTemplate called at /home/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 283.

any ideas?
You're using the wrong UBB version required for this hack.

qasic
are you running 6.1? I remember a similar problem when I was trying to port over a hack backwards from 6.1 to 6.05. Simply comment out that line and try it.
lol i'm dumb i am using the wrong version hehe time to go get the other version

thnx
i got a error when i try to get in forum:Can't call method "open" on an undefined value at d:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/ubb_forum.cgi line 155.
when i edit ubb_new_reply.cgi,i can't find $go_to = "$ULTIMATEBB?ubb=get_topic&f=$in{f}&t=$in{t}"; mine is $go_to = "$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=$in{f}&t=$in{t}";
version:6.1.0 Public Beta 1.2
added hack:ip icon,avatar_hack_1_0_public_beta,starstatus6,smiliemod_1.3
any help?thx in advance.
Hacks for Betas 2.0 and higher are incompatible with hacks for beta 1.
well... here am i with one more error, i've installed this hack, but when i try to access it on the control panel i get this error:

You do not have permission to access this area.

(Caller: cp_lib.cgi:75 -> sub main::Tracer)
(Caller: cp.cgi:826 -> sub main::StandardHTML)

» Use your browser's back button to return.

I've checked permissions and everything seems fine...

Anyone can help?

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: click ]
That's usually caused when cp.cgi is not hacked correctly; re-hack cp.cgi.

qasic
re-hacked again all files.
Seems to have a problem with mod wordlets.. i've rehacked 10 times the files and error still remaining... please check picture (when i click on "modification wordlets" on CP)

click here for screenshot

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: click ]
click, tried logging in to your server but was denied so I'll hazard a guess at your problem.

Did you use the autoinstall for Mod_Wordlets? Remember that in the ReadMe File it states that the file is NOT SUPPORTED and that's for good reason smile Rehack cp.cgi with the Mod_Wordelts_ReadMe cp.cgi instructions and I think your problem will be fixed.

qasic
When trying to go to the install cgi I get a page not found. I've uploaded everything in the right places so I dont know why I'm getting this error?
Did you set permissions? This is definately what it sounds like. CHMOD it to 755
qasic, I get the same thing as click, I have tried installing and unistalling several times.

I tried it on 6.1.0 PB 2.1 and now have updated to the released 6.1.0 version, and still the same occurs.

WEWFHF Roleplay Board

WEWFHF Roleplay Board Control Panel

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: MrStormyNights ]
I'm on Windows NT!

quote:
OK, Charles made some great headway here, we've still got one or 2 bugs left tho:

- multiple instances of the same name
- invisible users still showing

I've went through and pulled out the differences in what we are running here and what qasic's most recent download install looks like. If some php/perl whiz's can look at this an give us an idea where the problem lies, there's a few hundred web sites that would appreciate it smile

https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6.1/ubb_whos_differences.txt - diferences

https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6.1/ubb_whos_online.txt - text from current who's online file here.
Thanks Allen for giving us an update I was just gonna ask how the big cheese was doing on this since a little sigh of relief now that 6.1 is Gold.
woo
can't wait to see the final version
way to go guys! keep it up smile
Question 1: How come whenever I try to go to the UBB Hacks page @ qasic.com, it redirects me to qasic.net and gives me a Forbidden error. (Want to 'register' there but I can't if I can't get to the page..)

Question 2: So, are there only bugs with this right now with the php accelerator on? Or are there problems with it off too?
smile

PHP :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Tried applying the changes said in the differences text and copied the new ubb_whos_online.cgi file and the following error comes up

Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Can't open /www/reeftalk/test/ubb/cache-ZW24RJRW/ubb_files/wol/phpbits.cgi: No such file or directory
Here is the backtrace:
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:303 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::tracer
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:387 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::_open
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:58 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::_open_file
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandler.cgi:112 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::new
Backtrace: ubb_whos_online.cgi:28 -> sub UBB::FileHandler: shocked pen
Backtrace: ubb_whos_online.cgi:102 -> sub main::ImportDataFromPHP
Backtrace: ultimatebb.cgi:490 -> sub main::WriteUserSession

» Please use your browser's back button to return.
I believe I found the reason wordlets mod comes up blank in the control panel. The instructions say this

################
cp.cgi
################

# find:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err

# replace with:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err wordlets_mod

#######################################

and, It should be:

################
cp.cgi
################

# find:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err

# replace with:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err wordlets_mods

#######################################

The "S" was left off the wordlets_mods, once I fixed this it worked fine!
Bingo you got it.. now if only WOL would be updated to v6.1 Final =).
Sometimes a cup of coffee helps wake ya up smile

Solved the problem with the new additions allen left. laugh After you do your hacking make sure under your cache directory under ubb files directory you make a directory called {wol}

As I am no programmer I need a little insight here. I want who's online a category just like it is here but the whos online code is always table format?

##### Who's online? Code Block by Elliott "Borg" Brady
my ($doing, $Online_Wording, $Online_Details, @nullit) = &GetOnlineUsers($username);

my $replace = qq~

$Online_Wording

$Online_Details

~;

my $xpath = $vars_config{NonCGIPath} . "/cache-" . $vars_config{cache_pw} . "/ubb_files/wol";
&WriteFileAsString("$xpath/wol-$doing.cgi", "$replace");
##### / Who's online? Code block by Elliott "Borg" Brady
Ok I got WOL installed and am having one problem When I go thru the setting for WOL in the Cp and finish I get the following error
You did not complete: link_profile

I cant find that in the WOL setting?
It is in there. It is the last thing under text display settings. smile
Never mind
quote:
Is that a no, it only has proms with the accelerator, or just a :rolleyes: at php in general..
Never mind it was a problem uploading a template wink
im getting a 500 internal server error when i got to use the auto install... ive tried chmoding to 777 and it still wont work. Why wont it work?
If it dont work at 777 try change moding it to 755. It will only install on my server at 755 not 777. Contrary to directions smile

But then I beleive Qasic has in there to try it at 755 if it dont work at 777.

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]
wait...it seems to be working now n/m

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: raiyan ]
quote:
oops shocked

It is there... sorry. I didn't know charles had added that smile
It won't show up on my pages.

Perhaps

need semicolons like this?

or do you not need them?
Did you give it a shot?
Just did. Same result - nothing.

http://www.ivegeta.com/betaboard/ubb/ultimatebb.php

NOTE: allen you need to update public_common.pl and change all of those 'document.REPLIER.message' to 'document.replier.message' since you went to xhtml documents, because the ubb codes don't work now. frown
thanks for the reminder.. still sorting everything out smile

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]
Well with all the hard work from charles and allen and et all we might actually be getting somewhere. I have yet to see any double names like they do here with the additions I made from allen here. [b]I see now here there are no double names HMM maybe we are that much closer to seeing who's online done. Maybe soon I can start hacking my test board the way I want it. smile
there aren't any double names here right now because we have the accelerator turned off right now pending finding the bugs with blank pages/php/xhtml templates
laugh and I thought you all got the problem licked.

Oh Well.
anyone no when this hack will go final?
Not that I am anti-social or anything like that wink tipsy -- I like the "Who's Online" hack, but I also like being invisible online--especially on the board I manage (I'd be bombarded if people knew I was online).

I thought there was a place in My Profile to indicate that you want to be invisible.

Is this not available anymore? Is this part of the bug process? Thanks.
You select that option when you log in
Is WOL compatible with the accelerator yet?
No (at least not yet).
quote:
eek eek

I guess there is a lot of Dufuses out there! wink

Sorry.

Couldn't resist. tipsy
quote:
Yep good catch, that is definitely the problem. Might want to update the directions qasic.
Thx Slurpee ... hmm .. I plan to release a new beta soon for the new UBB 6.1 ... Stay tuned for that smile

qasic
got any clue when the final will be out? or for your other hacks aswell? like jimbos custom rank, avatars, and the mod log? those are must have for my boards...lol
Strange, I found that calling the wol_ssi file directly under v6.0x created next to no load on the site, however the same call for WOL under v6.1 can cause the site to slow to a crawl.

This doesn't make much sense since there's no real different between 60x WOL4 and 610 WOL4.
mark99, yes there's a MAJOR difference and this difference is due to the new Charles Capps hacking requirement that all external files must establish a global lock which slows the SSI significantly down.

Other beta releases for UBB 6.1 final are in the works; there are no set dates because university takes priority.

qasic
Allen sez: there aren't any double names here right now because we have the accelerator turned off right now pending finding the bugs with blank pages/php/xhtml templates

So, is it safe to install Who's Online w/o worrying about the "double names" bug if you don't have the accelerator turned on?
Yes.
I have installed the who's online hack and the accelerator is turned off but I only get to see myself as logged in. I talked to a few members and they also only see themselves logged in. And the invisibility is disabled in the cp. Any ideas on how to solve this??
In the CP:

Display Type (Forum Summary)
Display a summary message, or list the users who are online on the Forum Summary page. :Summary or List
Display Type (Forums)
Display a summary message, or list the users who are online in each of your forums. :Summary or List
Display Type (SSI)
Display a summary message, or list the users who are online when you call Who's Online via SSI (Server Side Includes). :Summary or List
--------------------------------------------

If set to Summary, then only you will show on the forum pages. If set to list, it will list all the members online (on the main page) and all the members in a specific forum (on the forum pages).
Right now Admins and Mod are set in bold, is there anyway of changing the colors so they differ from members and guest?
quote:
Who's online is set to show as a list in the cp but still you can only see yourself logged in even when there are others on the board.

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Lamagra ]
Besides the Accelerator/PHP problems, is this version compatible with the new release, 6.1.0.1?
No Fix Yet. Darn Must be something than it tough as I figured Charles would have it done by now smile

Between the serious bug here and in Allens XTML templates I think no one is going to run PHP accelerator

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]
when this hack goes final, will u have the auto install be able to upgrade?
I'm a bit confused wink does this work on 6.1.0.2, with or without the accelerator? Or not at all on the latest released version?

Cheers.

Canvey.
edit: so sorry, I understand it now..

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]
quote:
And... confused
this version works great without the accelerator. It will not work with it if you want one that works with accelerator download PHP version but there are many bugs with that one still.
Thanks - I thought that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure.
On the site it says that it's for 61x...

In cp.cgi it tells me to find the following:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err

however, I can't find it...what am I doing wrong?
find:

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration template_match wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date)) {

replace with:

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration template_match wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date wordlets_mods)) {

in ultimatebb.cgi and cp.cgi (this is for the mods wordlets instal).

qasic
I just noticed something on the ssi call.

http://www.edbis.com/hosted/4x4c/indexdefault.html

Look at the ssi call right below the banner. The month is missing!

"[-Who's Online?-] | GTSDurango - There is 1 member on the forums within the last 10 minutes. Most users ever was 6 on Wednesday, 24 2001 at 3:56 PM."

lol?

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: GTSDurango ]
Should I be getting 'Most ever users...' on the list / summary section?

As I am not, and I see others are confused

Any ideas, as to what I may have done wrong?

Running 6.1.0.2.

Cheers,

Canvey.
GTS: Thanks for that tip. I think I know how to fix that.

inside ubb_whos_online_ssi.cgi,

find:

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi";

add below:

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_date.cgi";

Save and upload.

Canvey: Enable your record book for that functionality.

qasic
Hi,

It is enabled - it shoes up on the detailed page fine - at the bottom of that page, I have two lines, one shows the current number, the other one shows the record book, but still nothing on the other pages.

Canvey
Please post URL to UBB. Thanks.

qasic
OK, thanx qasic. Now if only I could get into my ftp...
Hi Canvey,

The problem is that you have incorrect settings. Go to CP -> Settings -> Who's Online Settings.

Find Display Type (Forum Summary). Change this to Summary.

Find Display Type (Forums). Change this to Summary.

That'll cure your problem.

qasic
Thanks.

Shame there is not a way, to have the list, with the additional information.

I am sure I have seen this on other boards, using your hack - maybe they have altered something else.

Anyway thanks for taking a look.

Canvey.
Awesome job on this hack! I really like the countdown refresh.
Does this hack work for V.6.1.0.2 yet?

I just attempted to install it, and I kept getting an error on the board that said "Variables Need to Be Updated". I updated them in the CP, uploaded the various files several times again, and to no avail..
It runs great on 6.1.0.2

I don't have any issues with it at all.
Ok thought I would take a look at this version and install it. I get the following error message:

Execution of /usr/local/pwrhouse/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

I then re-hacked it but got the same results. Where did I go wrong?

The Control Panel works fine.

Test board is at:

www.pwrhouse.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
I did have that but then I remove it then redid it now I get this
quote:
can somebody help me please, I been trying to get this one so long, and btw how do you make the scrollbars different colors?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: khanhdom ]
This may be a silly question but I'm running 6.1.0.2 with accelerator and PHP enabled. Can I use this hack or do I have to wait for the PHP version?

Thanks.
khanhdom: Update the settings in the CP - Who's Online Settings.

ibsgroup: There already is a PHP release at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=30&t=000078 .
Yes, aware of that. Just didn't know if was stable enough to proceed with it.

Is the latest package available at Qasic?

Thanks.
I believe I found a typo:
In the file Mod_Wordlets_ReadMe.txt---
################
cp.cgi
################

# find:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err

# replace with:

The last line should say:
wordlets_cp wordlets_err wordlets_mods

You missed an "s"
fixed in wordlets php edition
quote:
How can I disabled that ? I want only the name of the online users...
Select list mode only.

qasic
Now I have the opposite. I have only "There is 1 member on the forums within the last 10 minutes.". And I want all the name of Onlin users on the main page... do you understand my request ? smile With the PHP Whoi's Online, it was ok ! But in CGI not...
Select list mode.

qasic
Would making an option to remain invisable in the users profile be something that can be done?
Where i can put a icon in WOL? Like Statistics hack

regards,
Download Who's Online 4.0.0 for UBB 6.0x, and use the Whos_Online_Style_Guide.txt there.
is quasics site down ?????
Who´s online info is displaying inside each forum, but not on the main page (forum summary).

what can be the cause?
I tried reading through the whole thread to get the answer to my question but didn't really find it.

1)Does this now work with the Accelerator?

2)What is the difference between this one and the PHP verion?

Thanks for your hard work guys!
Not displaying on forum summary - problem with ubb_forum_summary.cgi or
public_forum_summary.pl

Compatible with UBB Accelerator - this version IS NOT compatible with UBB
Accelerator, use the PHP version of WOL

Differences between PHP and Perl version of WOL - php version works with
accelerator, there's no record book in php, you can only see all the users
at a time, not on a forum by forum basis, php version of WOL is faster, is
more XHTML compatible, is more nicely coded, php version is beta/perl
version is closer to release candidate, etc.

qasic
Eek...I'm getting this error:

----------
home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi: Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 25.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 34.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 36.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 43.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 44.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 56.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 69.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 71.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 76.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 76.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 81.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 81.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 82.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 82.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 85.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 93.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 94.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 97.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 102.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 104.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 105.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 124.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 126.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 132.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 133.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 133.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 137.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 137.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 141.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 141.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 142.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 143.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 143.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 144.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 147.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 158.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 158.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 160.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 160.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 161.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 161.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 162.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 171.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 175.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 181.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 200.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 212.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 234.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 242.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 245.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 248.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 254.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 283.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 286.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 289.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 293.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 297.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 299.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 301.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 302.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 302.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 312.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 313.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 316.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 317.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 318.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 335.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 404.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 405.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 407.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 408.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 425.
Global symbol "@people" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 430.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 442.
Global symbol "%vars_whos_online" requires explicit package name at /home/combine1/public_html/subculture/ubbcgi/ubb_whos_online.cgi line 485.
--------------

What should I do? frown
Uhh yi yi .. you missed the use vars qw(%vars_whos_online); near the top of ultimatebb.cgi

qasic
Ok, thanks, I'll go and fix it then.
First off - great job as always qasic. I have this running on 6.1.0.2 with no problems. smile

Second - EDIT: Nevermind - my wonderful provider didn't have SSI turned on for my server. Fixed now. Thanks!

-Melmac
The Tech Board

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Melmac ]

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Melmac ]
qasic,

in version 6.1.0.3 you auto installer for both mods owrdlets and the WOL installer work perfectly with the exception thta in public_forum_page.pl and public_forum_summary_page.pl

this line is added one right on top of the other in both files and makes the WOL table show up one on top of another on the UBB pages

EDIT

also this line in cp_common.pl
document.writeln("");

other wise its a perfect install

oh and this is on a NON XHTML'ized ubb

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: ssilenthill ]
I am running 6.1.0.2 and I have some problems

When it says for ubb_forum.cgi

### find:

print "$ThisHTML";

### add above:

$ThisHTML =~ s//$replace/g;

I found 2 of these statements and if I add in both of them the script I get an error page showing me different info such

QUERY_STRING :
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE : el
SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.0 and info for the server !!!

What am I missing ?
confused
dreamer - I believe you only need to add it above the first one - not the second. Did you try it that way? That is how I did mine and it works flawlessly. Hope this helps. smile

-Melmac
The Tech Board
quote:
I did this but I have the same problem frown
Getting this error

quote:

Gone into the control panel like suggested at the bottom of page 7 of this thread but still doesn't work. Please help!

Thanks

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: intensity ]
hi quasic Gr8 hack i have no problems with this hack at all works 100% wink

but i have my forums private and i would like the whos online to work global i have lots of visitors to my site but i would like the whos online to count the people on my whole site so it logs the members as members (who are browseing the board) and if someones on my main site (html site) then i would like it to show them as guests on the forum so it looks more busy-er.

i understand if its not possable but it would make my members think that theres more people looking at my boards.

any how i love this hack but it would be gr8 if i could make this possable
how's this hack with the ubb accelerator on???
I did everything I was supposed to. When I went to the cp to configure it, it gave me this. I don't know what line of code I messed up on, if I messed up on any. Can somebody help me?

I have an image for you to see.
===================================
Error
NM

[ 11-29-2001 01:35 PM: Message edited by: DragonSoul ]
any ideas on this error??

http://www.clanjadefalcon.org/newerror.jpg

[ 11-29-2001 10:37 PM: Message edited by: DragonSoul ]
Will this WOL version work with UBB 6.1.0.3 ?
I've tried it on 6.1.0.3 and it does weird crap on me. I either get software error or a bunch of CGI log like stuff. I cant explain it.
I did everything that it said to do in the readme of Who's Online. It is giving me this error on my main UBB cgi. Here is a picture.

http://digitaldennis.net/error_wol.JPG
go to your CP go to the whos online settings and hit update at the bottom (change any options to your likings before that)
I figured it out. I'm sure others are having this problem, So I'm going to show what I did.

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration template_match whos_online wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date wordlets_mods)) {

I forgot to add whos_online to this line in ultimatebb.cgi.

I hope whoever had this problem takes a look at it.
okay... this SEEMS to be working, but im having some problems:

The Who's online info does NOT show up on the forum summary.

Please help!

See my boards at http://www.jexeca.com/cgi-jexeca/ultimatebb.cgi

and see my who's online page at
http://www.jexeca.com/cgi-jexeca/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online
Also, when I visit forums that I KNOW other members are viewing, I only see my own screenname and some numbers...
how close is this mod to going final?
Qasic,

As I sent you an email, with WOL 4.1.0 PB2 this is what Infopop had to say:

http://community.infopop.net/2/Open...413&m=8213077553&r=1543056853#1543056853

Found corruption on my board and for some reason, after cleaning out the members who were corrupted, I re-registered the 30 members who were corrupt, and then went to do some admin work. I then decided to check something so I ran the rebuildmems_61 again to see if any more corruption had kicked in..what was weird was that a few of the members that I had just created were corrupted. When I spoke with Infopop, they pointed the problem towards WOL. There are now threads that automatically pop up corruption. I just want to be able to open up those old threads and close them and/or delete them. As well as be able to rid the board of all corruption. I'm at wits end.. I don't want to convert over to vBulletin, but who knows...
Can anyone tell me why Administrators are invisable on my WhosOnline install? I see my name on the list detail, but if I log inot another machine, it does not show I am there. I do have invisiablity check off.

http://danimation.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.com
this is cool.

[ 12-03-2001 10:47 PM: Message edited by: actfact ]
hey im sorry about the question, i found the problem, my wordlets_mods werent installed correctly.

thanks anyway!
Software error:
Execution of /usr/local/apache/htdocs/quest/alt/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
I have the same problem with the UBB 6.1.0.3 german. As I can solve it?

The error Log says:
Global symbol "vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at c:apachecgi-binubb61ULTIMA~1.CGI line 481.

Execution of c:apachecgi-binubb61ULTIMA~1.CGI aborted due to compilation errors.

In line 481 is:
Code
code:

Sorry for my bad english.
how do i get who's online to show up on pages other than the forum summary (that works)? are there more instructions or did i miss something?
Anyone want to help me out on this one? Why Administrators are invisable on my WhosOnline install? I see my name on the list detail, but if I log inot another machine, it does not show I am there. I do have invisiablity check off.

I really need to fix/alter this... Please point me in the right direction

Thnaks!
qasic: after installing your hack, I get a rather strange error on my board. It occurs after a user makes a new post to a forum. The next time someone visits that forum, all they get is a blank page. Refreshing the page fixes the problem, but it's still annoying.

I'm pretty sure I must have messed something up in the install, so I'll have another look at the code. If nothing changes, I'll post here again...
hi can someone please help.. The install seemed to go fine.. But when you visit my page i can see everyone that is online.. but there is no message saying "users online" or whatever..

you can see here..

http://www.crackedforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

anyone know whats up? please
I have

Actually Browsing the board :
Admin and 2 guests

I'd like to have :
Actually Browsing the board : 3 users
Admin and 2 guests

What to do to add the total count of online users
confused
ozzyblood -- i'm assuming you didn't install the wordlets.. . ?
quote:
I have the same problem too.
Moreover, it seems that the who's online display doesn't not update in forum summary (with cache on)

running on 6.1.0.3
Ok.. what did I miss?

The who's online is not showing up on forum listings, only the summary page...

Ive checked what i think are all the cgi and pl files that deal with the public forums.. and everything is in tact from what i see..

Can someone help? frown
http://www.clan-forsaken.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=1
How would I go about adding this hack on UBB 6.1.0.3 with the PM Inbox System v1.1 hack by Jordo installed..? I know Jordo's hack conflicts with some of the lines that Who's Online also requires hacking.

Also I had a problem when I first tried installing Who's Online on a blank UBB 6.1.0.3 and i got an error with a message saying

quote:
Software error:

Execution of ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

Any ideas..?

[ 12-15-2001 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Oblivion Knight ]
I get this error

SERVER_SOFTWARE : Microsoft-IIS/4.0
INSTANCE_ID : 153
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER : x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE : x86
GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1
INCLUDE : c:Program FilesMtsInclude
REMOTE_ADDR : 24.182.249.36
REQUEST_METHOD : GET
WINDIR : C:WINNT
MXHOME : C:FormidaFire3
HTTP_ACCEPT : */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE : en-us
HTTPS : off
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING : gzip, deflate
SERVER_NAME : www.onlineracing.cc
PROCESSOR_LEVEL : 6
OS2LIBPATH : C:WINNTsystem32os2dll;
SERVER_PORT : 80
PATH_TRANSLATED : e:inetpubonlineracing.cccgi-binnew_ubbultimatebb.cgi
MXBIN : C:FormidaFire3mxi386win32bin
SYSTEMDRIVE : C:
SERVER_PORT_SECURE : 0
LOCAL_ADDR : 205.178.180.184
SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1
SYSTEMROOT : C:WINNT
REMOTE_HOST : 24.182.249.36
COMSPEC : C:WINNTsystem32cmd.exe
HTTP_REFERER : http://www.onlineracing.cc/cgi-bin/new_ubb/cp.cgi
HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)
PATH : C:Perlbin;C:WINNTsystem32;C:WINNT;C:Program FilesSymantecpcAnywhere;D:Program FilesMts;c:admincommands;
PROCESSOR_REVISION : 0806
HTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-Alive
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS : 2
USERPROFILE : C:WINNTProfileswebhosting
COMPUTERNAME : VNT28.NJ2
SCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/new_ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
LIB : c:Program FilesMtsLib
PATH_INFO : /cgi-bin/new_ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
HTTP_COOKIE : login2452091.1822=11-24-2001%2004%3A30%20PM&2452238.163; pms2452091.1822=0; ubber2452091.1822=Tap&S32q5zdsr&TaP&10&00000126; Ell2452091.1822=hideme; login2452239.12=12-10-2001%2002%3A19%20PM&2452254.1419; ubber2452239.12=Tap&****&TaP&10&00000126; ubbadmin2452239.12=TaP&****&Administrator&TaP&00000126; session2452239.12=12-10-2001%2002%3A17%20PM&2452254.1417
CONTENT_LENGTH : 0
HTTP_HOST : www.onlineracing.cc
PATHEXT : .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.JS
in the whos online config in the control panel

disable showing environment variables
Hi,

I had Greg Hard install this about 6 weeks ago. Running UBB 6.1.0.2 with PHP acceleration.

I am getting names with the % sign between them, i.e. "Nova%Class". Of course the % sign shouldn't be there.

Next when clicking on Currently Browsing the Boards. All the Viewing, Browsing and Replying fields look like url links and if you click on one you get a blank screen.

Have these issues been solved yet? I gather from readin these threads that it's because of the PHP accelerator. IF so, can I just turn it off or will that cause this version of WOL lto quit working entirely?

Thanks
Cobra
i just installed the whos online hack on my 6.1.0.3 board. I set it up and all, then i went to my board...

Software error:
Execution of ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

thats what its saying to me frown
please help
http://www.ri0clan.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

what exactly is wrong with my b0ard?? umm....i seem to be seeing the box on the main page....but it has my name and numbers next to it and no "currently online/whos online" label?help? and when i enter a certain topic leaving the ubb accellerator on..i get an error message..so for now i turned that off...the error message is this..:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 398

Warning: file("/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Members/00000001.cgi") - Operation not permitted in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 398

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php:398) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 519

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php:398) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php:398) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 521

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php:398) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php:398) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ri0tclan.com/httpdocs/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 523

[ 12-15-2001 07:44 PM: Message edited by: [ri0t]Punisher ]
Getting this error!

An error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &main::WriteUserSession called at /home/scificha/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi line 496.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!
HELP!
tar
Hmmm... odd. All these errors.

Well, it works perfectly for me, and I'm running 6.1.0.3. Good job, MasterMind.
Hiya,

I'm having a small problem that is kinda driving me crazy. I was able to install the Hack with the auto install and had no problems (granted, this might be my problem, call me lazy.) When I goto my ubb it only displays me. Or maybe it would be better to say that it only displays the user I am logged in as. I can go to a second machine, login with another account, and all I see is the account I am logged in as on both machines. I have tried disabling and enabling the hide feature but that didn't seem to help any. Right now this is the only hack I have installed.

Any ideas? Should I restore from backup and do it all manually? Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

Beau
Beau, Try changing the logging method in your WOL settings in the CP.
Please help.. Same error and this is the 4th time trying to install the hack.. . I am running a UBB 6.1.0.3

Software error:
Execution of /home/sites/site37/users/bh4/web/bh4cgi/ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

[ 12-19-2001 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Oblivion Knight ]
why does it give me compilation errors and such when i install the hack im running 6.1.0.3

QASIC, if you can read it, please help cool
Because it's beta.
Right. Whos online I installed at the beginning, I hacked my board completely and this morning noticed something strange.

Straight after Clearing the cache, Whos Online appears, but after you revisit the main page or the sub pages, Whos Online vanishes!!!!
and the only way to get it back is by Clearing the cache, but then it vanishes again!
eek!
I have a lot hacks installed like LK's Mystyle, ranks, PM notification etc....
H E L P
anyone else had this problem?
Do you have the hidden forums hack installed? It will do exactly what you're seeing.
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT:
Do you have the hidden forums hack installed? It will do exactly what you're seeing.

Nope.

BTW, heres a link to my test forum
http://www.scifichat.net/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Something I noticed, in the topic lists the WOL that forum doesn't update until the person posts....
When I was just there it seemed to work fine. Did you do something new to the WOL?
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT:
When I was just there it seemed to work fine. Did you do something new to the WOL?

nope, i have been out all night.
It does that though, sometimes it works fine with no problems, but after you go in say General Chat and return to the main page a few times, it suddenly vanishes and wont return.
I tried this on an unhacked version of 6.1.0.3 and the server crashed in a couple minutes.
My .com board is flawless for WOL, but my .org board with the hidden forum hack still has issues. I'm hoping that e@sy comes up with a fix for the hidden forums soon.
It seems I'm also having some troubles with the cahce for the forum summery and topics summery pages.
The direct link to the WOL list is working fine but the summery pages just keep the first reading after a clear cache.

It's almost an hour ago and it still lists the same user and time as it did.

I guess I'm overlooked something (although I hacked it manually (lots of hacks )
I hope there is a cure, I love this hack.
quote:
Originally posted by Hagar:
It seems I'm also having some troubles with the cahce for the forum summery and topics summery pages.
The direct link to the WOL list is working fine but the summery pages just keep the first reading after a clear cache.

It's almost an hour ago and it still lists the same user and time as it did.

I guess I'm overlooked something (although I hacked it manually (lots of hacks )
I hope there is a cure, I love this hack.

Same problem I get, only updates after you post in that forum. I hope it can get fixed.
When I set ubb NOT to use cache the problem still remains.
So this probably means that WOL doesn't write new values to the summery pages.
Perhaps this points the way to the right direction to solve this.

(on the other hand I didn't write the mod so what do I know )
I have no idea why it does that, It works on the main page but not thread ones, so it has to be a bug...
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
I have no idea why it does that, It works on the main page but not thread ones, so it has to be a bug...

Neither

Only the wol page works.
But forum and topic summery is a no show.

qasic? any idea what this could be?
Well I rehacked the ultimatebb.cgi and now part of the problem has been removed.

Now the wol does display the correct number of users on the main page.

But: I can't have more than one user in one forum at the same time
[code][/code]
That part seems to give the following error:
quote:
Can't call method "open" on an undefined value at /www/cgi/ubb61/ubb_forum.cgi line 157.
(where $_ = $handle->readline(); is line 157)
This only happens when there already is someone else browsing that particular sub forum.

[ 12-27-2001 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Hagar ]
*bump
Hi Hagar,

Sorry that I've been away from UBBDev for a long time. Anyways, can you PM/e-mail me your UBB URL/login/password as well as your FTP login/password so I can look into the problem? Be sure to list ALL the problems you're experiencing with this hack as well.

qasic
Sorry I can't, the ubb is running on a private network with no acces to the WWW.
I'm affraid there's no way to let you get you access

But I'll try to give you all the info I have.

Problem:
I've installed wol manally on version 6.1.0 pb1.4
The main page (forum summery) works like a charm.
All the users are displayed as they should and there's no problem with that part of the ubb.

The wol page is also functioning without any problems. Users are listed correctly and loction where the're at is listed correctly.

But, when there's a user visiting on of the subforums (topic pages) no one else can watch the subforum the're in (they can watch the topics inside that forum though). It only allows 1 user per subforum.
As long as there is a cachefile available for the topic summary page that's called it will not allow any other user to view that particular page.
I'll have to clear cache so the cache is not available and therefor cannot create the error massage.

the error message is listed in the topic above, aswell as the part of the code that's supposed to create the error message.

It seems to have problems with the opening of the cache for the page that is called. I've checked the directory where the cache is located and all the directories permissions are set to 777 aswell as the file that's called by wol.

As far as I understand the error message it doesn't get the correct value for the cache file that's supposed to be loaded.

For instance if I go to forum 1 and there already is another user present the file that's present in the directory that's called by wol (if I understand the code correctly) is named "forum1-20.cgi" in the "ubb_files/forum_page/Forum 1/" directory.

I hope I've provided enough info to give an idea of what's going wrong and how it should be fixed.

Hagar

Edit: updated the info.

[ 12-29-2001 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Hagar ]
Hagar,

If you can't provide me with a URL, can you e-mail your UBB CGI files as well as your NonCGI files to qasic[haha]@qasic.com (remove the haha) so I can manually take a look @ it (plz provide a copy of your vars_whos_online.cgi as well)? Thanks!

qasic
The only problem I am experiancing is the WOL inside forums doesn't update until you post a reply...
Hmm .. ubb_forum.cgi is hacked incorrectly I think Lord Dexter. Re-hack and LMK the results. Be sure to disable UBB Accelerator as well.

qasic
Mail is send.

I've put in all cgi, templates, a forum dir and the cache.
Thanks for doing this qasic
Hi Hagar,

I've nailed down the problem - you're using too old of a UBB 6.1. It doesn't include ubb_lib_file*.cgi. You need, at a minimum, use UBB 6.1.0 release, not a beta version of UBB 6.1.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

qasic

[ 12-29-2001 10:09 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
Ok thanks qasic.
At least I don't have to troubleshoot anymore
I think I might know what the problem is, I'm using Public Beta and not Public Beta 2. Qasic could you make some upgrade instructions for me?
I have the following problem:

The WOL will show up on main page (forum summary) but when you click on a specific forum its not there!

Link is in my signature, I also have rehacked it twice, and it still wont work.
OUCH...Here I've been saying how great this hack works for me, till I removed the hidden forum hack (very carefully) and now the WOL on the forum summary page still disappears until I clear the cache, then it reappears.

This happens on my .org board, not on the .com board. Please get 6.2 out quickly, I'm anxious to upgrade. I wonder if Mystyle did something? I only have it installed on the board that has the bugged WOL.
Any news about the add-on to make WOL UBBAccelerator compliant
why you all still trying to get this to work ? Inbuilt into 6.2 beta and works great
Because 6.2 is a BETA release - not suitable for production boards
quote:
Originally posted by qasic:
Because 6.2 is a BETA release - not suitable for production boards

Absolutely true, and I won't go live with it till it's officially released. the beta is running really well on my test server though.
quote:
Originally posted by ZeNissart:
Any news about the add-on to make WOL UBBAccelerator compliant

Use the PHP Version of WOL, but it's still very buggy...
It's really amazing. Everything is fine, but when someone logs out...POOF, the who's online table and the PM notifier are completly gone. (???)
PHP Accelerator enabled?

qasic
No Qasic, that was the first cp option i turned off because it does not work with so many hacks.

I think it has something to do with the PM (on the intro), maybe a cookie conflict between them?
Yeah, there needs to be some tinkering around with both hacks' cookies in order to get them both to work (I did this for a paid client).

qasic
I have the PM link and this WOL on both of my boards and only one has issues.
where can i download UBB6.20
quote:
Originally posted by He Chay:
where can i download UBB6.20

You can get the beta in the Infopop members area, providing you have access.
Well, after tinkering and rehacking, the same problem I had back on page 12, is still there. Whosonline is on there bout 70% of the time. Suddenly without warning it will just vanish!

Anyone got any idea??

http://www.scifichat.net/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Incorrect hacking is 99% of the time the culprit.

qasic
quote:
Incorrect hacking is 99% of the time the culprit.

qasic

hmmm, DOH!
any idea where it could be incorrect or should I just rehack the entire thing again and pray?
Deducing from your description, I would first try to re-hack ubb_forum.cgi and ubb_forum_summary.cgi. Make sure you paste the code correctly. If it says after a {, make sure the code is after the bracket. From my experience, this is the most common mistake.

qasic
qasic, I just rehacked those two files and fixed the issue as far as I can tell. I used the automated install on that board for WOL as one of the first hacks, but when i just did it by hand there were a lot of differences. Does that make any sense at all?
quote:
Deducing from your description, I would first try to re-hack ubb_forum.cgi and ubb_forum_summary.cgi. Make sure you paste the code correctly. If it says after a {, make sure the code is after the bracket. From my experience, this is the most common mistake.

qasic

Thanx, Ill try it 2morrow after some sleep.

Happy New Year everyone!
Also qAasic regarding my problem, on all 6.1.0 boards I got to have this problem...=/
I have recently installed who's on line and calandar. They both seem to work but WOL dosen't recognize when some one else is viewing my board.
Anyone have any ideas?
I installed Calandar first - is this the problem
Thanks, Ed

See it here:

WRR Forum
Lord Dexter,

I apologize for not replying to your problem sooner - this topic is getting too long for it's own good. Lucky UBB 6.2 release is coming next month (two fingers crossed of course).

Anyways, your problem is probably with ubb_forum.cgi. Since you have majorly hacked your UBB, I suggest you send me your ubb_forum.cgi via e-mail and I'll fix it up for you.

qasic
Ed,

Go to your Control Panel. In Who's Online settings, turn Environment Settings to On. Go to your UBB. Copy and Paste the outpu there. Turn turn environment settings back to off.

qasic
i installed the php version of who's online from your website qasic... now im getting this error when trying to access any forum

An error has occured:

/home/www/divineorder.org/cgi/ubb_forum.cgi:
Missing right bracket at /home/www/divineorder.org/cgi/ubb_forum.cgi line 500, at end of line
syntax error at /home/www/divineorder.org/cgi/ubb_forum.cgi line 500, at EOF

any idea what is wrong? ive looked at the code and everything is setup right. i get the new bar for who's online but nothing shows there??

[ 01-01-2002 05:25 PM: Message edited by: auxiliary ]
Hi auxiliary,

Unfortunately this thread is for the Perl version, not the PHP. Please post your question.

However, to help you debug, I strongly believe ubb_forum.cgi has been hacked incorrectly. Re-hack from backups.

Good luck.

qasic
quote:
Lord Dexter,

I apologize for not replying to your problem sooner - this topic is getting too long for it's own good. Lucky UBB 6.2 release is coming next month (two fingers crossed of course).

Anyways, your problem is probably with ubb_forum.cgi. Since you have majorly hacked your UBB, I suggest you send me your ubb_forum.cgi via e-mail and I'll fix it up for you.

qasic

I'm sorry about that heh, If you need any help supporting I'd be delighted to.
As for the file, I'll PM it to you later tonight.
hey qasic, i no u busy and sorry to bother u but i get this error at ultimatebb.cgi

Software error:
Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 482. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 482. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 491. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 493. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 493. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 607. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 834. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 834. Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi line 843. Execution of E:httpbingohanscribcgi-binubbultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

u no why? i have xhtml, calendar,memberlist, avatar, simile_mod, glow font, anchor, last reply by, last post extender, and the wordelts_mods ofcourse

could ya help me out?
Add a use vars qw(%vars_wordlets_mods); near the other use vars lines inside ultimatebb.cgi. That'll fix your problem.
thnx qasic, that'd fixed it up

appreciate it
How discouraging...I spent quite a bit of time trying to install this and this is what I get at the ultimatebb.cgi screen:

An error has occured:

Error .. Who's Online Variables must be updated.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

What is that supposed to mean?

Thanks!
-Eli
Go into the CP and open the settings for Who's online...then click update at the bottom and you're all set.
Heh. I did do that. I checked the vars_whos_online.cgi file and it did update with new info. However, the board still gives me the same message. Maybe I screwed up modifying somewhere. Maybe you can tell me where the hack looks for that mod file. I think I messed up that part but I don't know where to start.

Thanks!
-Eli
Did you upload the new ubb_whos_online.cgi AND cp_whos_online.cgi (make sure it's the correct version) and then save WOL settings AGAIN.

qasic
Okay I got it to work after re-hacking and figuring stuff out for 45 min.

If I want to move that Who's Online Bar, where would I find the code? Say I wanted to move it to the bottom of the page.

-Eli

[oops sorry about the double post]

[ 01-04-2002 01:53 PM: Message edited by: eli3k ]

If I want to move that Who's Online Bar, where would I find the code? Say I wanted to move it to the bottom of the page.

-Eli
public_forum_summary/page.pl... Try to put the tag in sub PageBottom.
Hey qasic could you check my reply on page 12 (last one). I cant make it work. Rehacked all important files over 5 times now.
Okay, where would I look if I wanted to modify the Who's Online code? Right now it shows something like:

Currently Browsing The Boards: (1)
eli2k - There is 1 member on the forums within the last 10 minutes.

What if I want to add some text to the top before the "Currently Browsing" and stuff.

Also, I do not understand what you mean when you say to place the tag below the sub PageBottom. I tried a search in the two .pl files and it did not come up.

-Eli
quote:
Originally posted by v0id:
Hey qasic could you check my reply on page 12 (last one). I cant make it work. Rehacked all important files over 5 times now.

I've tried 3 times and can't make it work either
quote:
Originally posted by eli3k:
Okay, where would I look if I wanted to modify the Who's Online code? Right now it shows something like:

Currently Browsing The Boards: (1)
eli2k - There is 1 member on the forums within the last 10 minutes.

What if I want to add some text to the top before the "Currently Browsing" and stuff.

Also, I do not understand what you mean when you say to place the tag below the sub PageBottom. I tried a search in the two .pl files and it did not come up.

-Eli

Go to CP - Wordlets - Modification Wordlets and find the wordlet on the page and modify it.
In public_forum_summary.pl, there is

sub PageBottom {
my $Bottom = qq~

In public_forum_page.pl, there is

[code][/code]If your WOL is currently in a seperate table, put or something like that (use the one in the doc, not the one I said) AFTER $TBB. If not, put it BEFORE $TBB. And don't forget to remove it from pagetop.
LK, for who was that reply?
quote:
Originally posted by eli3k:

-Eli

I think it was a reply to that post.
Before I get taken off to the funny farm can anyone tell me the sevret to getting the ultimatebb.php hacked file from quasic?

I have tried and tried and now am receiving this error message:

INSERT COUNTER Query failed

Subsequent attempt gave the following message:

Sorry, but you've used all your credits!

I have made sure I am uploading the PHP file and NOT the CGI file. Besides the errors noted above all I ever got was returned to the default upload screen.
Okay I installed the Who's Online hack and something seems to be wrong... I'm not sure why but it's doing the following:

[Linked Image]

Isn't it suppost to tell you how many Guests and Members are on?? What did I do wrong? The link is here:

http://www.freaksforum.com/cgitest/ultimatebb.cgi

AgentX
I think the problem may lie in my vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file. I have the ubb intergrated poll installed as well which makes use of this file, and it looks like this:

%vars_wordlets_mods = (
last_reply_by => "Last reply by",
mod_wordlets => "Modifications Wordlets",
_ => q~~,
);
%vars_wordlets_mods = (
whos_online_Guest => q~Guest~,
whos_online_column_where => q~Where~,
whos_online_seconds => q~seconds.~,
whos_online_logging_in => q~Logging in~,
whos_online_alone => q~There is no one else around.~,
whos_online_moderator_outline_pre => q~~,
whos_online_member => q~member~,
whos_online_members_plural => q~members~,
whos_online_moderator_outline_post => q~
~,
whos_online_composing_topic => q~Composing: New Topic in~,
whos_online_administrator_outline_post => q~~,
whos_online_column_time => q~Time~,
whos_online_record => q~Record Book:~,
whos_online_currently_browsing => q~Currently Browsing The Boards:~,
whos_online_other => q~other~,
whos_online_viewing => q~Viewing:~,
whos_online_on_forum => q~on the forums within the last~,
whos_online_administrator_outline_pre => q~~,
whos_online_invisible => q~invisible~,
whos_online_no => q~no~,
whos_online_about => q~About~,
whos_online_pm => q~PM~,
whos_online_am => q~AM~,
whos_online_visitor => q~visitor~,
whos_online_visitors => q~visitors~,
whos_online_yes => q~yes~,
whos_online_this_forum_only => q~THIS FORUM ONLY~,
whos_online_browsing => q~Browsing:~,
whos_online_reload_in => q~This page will reload in~,
whos_online_checking => q~Checking:~,
whos_online_whos_online => q~Who's Online?~,
whos_online_guest => q~guest~,
whos_online_guests_plural => q~guests~,
whos_online_currently => q~Currently:~,
whos_online_in => q~in~,
whos_online_column_user => q~User~,
whos_online_private_topic => q~(Private Topic)~,
whos_online_daily_topics => q~Daily Topics~,
whos_online_page => q~Page:~,
whos_online_is => q~is~,
whos_online_searching => q~Searching~,
whos_online_users_online => q~Users Online:~,
whos_online_and => q~and~,
whos_online_minutes => q~minutes.~,
whos_online_hide_from => q~Hide from~,
whos_online_there => q~There~,
whos_online_are => q~are~,
whos_online_reading => q~Reading:~,
whos_online_replying => q~Replying:~,
weekday_1 => "Monday",
weekday_2 => "Tuesday",
weekday_3 => "Wednesday",
weekday_4 => "Thursday",
weekday_5 => "Friday",
weekday_6 => "Saturday",
weekday_7 => "Sunday",
whos_online_most_users_ever_was => "Most users ever was",
whos_online_on => "on",
whos_online_at => "at",
whos_online_main_page => "Main Page",
);
1;

Is that correct?

AgentX
quote:
Originally posted by AgentX:

%vars_wordlets_mods = (
_ => q~~,
);
%vars_wordlets_mods = (

remove this ); and %vars_wordlets_mods = (

Te entry mod_wordlets => "Modifications Wordlets", should be in only once too.

The ); should be only at the end of the file

[ 01-08-2002 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Zarzal ]
quote:
Originally posted by Zarzal:

remove this ); and %vars_wordlets_mods = (

Te entry mod_wordlets => "Modifications Wordlets", should be in only once too.

The ); should be only at the end of the file

[ 01-08-2002 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Zarzal ]

Zarzal,

Thanks! That fixed it. My vars_worldets_mods.cgi file now reads:

%vars_wordlets_mods = (

etc..

Does that look correct now?

Also, how can I make the who's online part appear as part of the forum instead of a seperate cell like it is now?

AgentX
A question concerning the display of private actions that hopefully one of you skilled Haxxors can answer:

On my board I have a private forum where the members given access to that forum would like their identities kept secret (in other words, they don't want the other members to know they've been given access to this forum). Of course WOL gives this away by displaying "MemberX viewing a private topic in PrivateForum".

My question is, is it possible to overwrite the displaying of actions for private forums only. For example, maybe trick the WOL into saying "MemberX viewing a topic in GeneralForum", when indeed the user is in a private forum.

I'm sure it can be done in probably a few lines and if statements, but it's beyond me how to do it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
im getting this error
running ubb 6.1.0.3
Error .. Who's Online Variables must be updated.
Does this work for Ubb 6.1.0.3 because if its supposed to it doesnt work correctly with my page.

Once i go inside a category it displays the page 2 times one after the other in the same page. I have heard that removing this hack will solve my problem but, isnt there anyway to leave it as it is and just fix the problem.To check out what i mean here is the link. Sroll down and you will see the same contents of the page twice in the same page :

http://vegetassj4.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=2
I recently installed WOL, and I'm still getting my users accustomed to the idea, but *I* like it, so it's staying :-)
One point was raised though:

I have a couple of forums which are reserved for confidential and sensitive threads and, for complex reasons, we don't want the user population at large to see who's in there.
Now, I know I could just allow them to select the "hide" option, but that sort of defeats the object (When I enabled the option, nearly 90% of my users chose to hide...)

Is there a way (ideally, a simple one :-) to exclude a specified forum, or small group of forums, from WOL scrutiny?

Many thanks...
IanP
[code][/code] Can't find that, I remember when I was hacking with MHX, it said there was an error and said to not worry, and the error would show up if I didn't have WOL installed... is this the problem?

Thanks.
It's jordo's PM Info hack

I think you should find:
Code
[/code]Replace with:[code]
Hmmm, I haven't installed that hack...
quote:
Ed,

Go to your Control Panel. In Who's Online settings, turn Environment Settings to On. Go to your UBB. Copy and Paste the outpu there. Turn turn environment settings back to off.

qasic

Hi qasic,
I was not aware of your reply hence the long delay.
Here are my environment settings.

http://www.websterridgerunners.com/cgi-bin/newubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4& t=000002

Regards,
Ed
need here some help....

i installed mod wordlets and this is what i've got when i open modification wordlets on CP:

[Linked Image]

what could this be?
Ok I browsed like 10 pages of this and couldn't find it. In the inclusion of the WOL, it says, "!--ThisGetsReplacedWithTheActualOnlineContentWhenReadFromTheCacheOrGenerated --" or whatever, where can I modify this to fit my boards? I love the WOL, and I want to keep it, but I'm totally redesigning my boards and it doesn't fit properly.
Greetings!

I installed this wonderful hack last night and all was fine.

Then at one point I pulled up my pages, and I see this for my ssi call on the main page:
- 1 35 2 , 28 2002 10:53 .

And this on my main forum page:
(1)
- 1 35 2 , 1-28-2002 10:53 .

Like I said, it was working fine, but then something happened. Nothing else was done to the site since....
Any ideas?
Reinstall Mod Wordlets devkit and WOL's vars_wordlets_mods part
Whos Online Forum Style Mod for UBB V6.1.0.3 with UBB Accelerator On?

Thx for Reply:)
@darkm00n

I came across that too, it seems the multihack doesn't create the "vars_wordlets_mods.cgi" file.
So it gives out that error.
You can create it yourself and it's ready to go.

Hagar
One Question,

In my CP, when i click on Modification Wordlet, I only get "All fields are required! " one line and no list of the any wordlet to edit .

My vars_wordlets_mods.cgi is as listed in the readme file.
Ok..found the solution.

In the file downloaded from qasic\'s site ,

there's a typo:

quote:

################
cp.cgi
################

# find:

wordlets_cp wordlets_err

# replace with:

Please note that wordlets_mod should be wordlets_mods ...missed a "s".
edited.

Stupid question, repaired smile
I get this error on ultimatebb.cgi (non php accel version)

Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at /my/path/ultimatebb.cgi line 539.

That error about 20 or so times.

And yes, I added:

use vars qw(%vars_whos_online @Ell_cookie $invisible_pref @people);

to ultimatebb.cgi.
Hello qasic, I seem to be having a few problems.

Firstly, I have editted the Who's Online table and the PM Inbox table so they are both attached to the header on my forums, like so. Header

Unfortunately, as you can see, the Who's Online is centered. I tried removing the center tags in the coding "<*center><*/center>" in public_forum_summary.pl, but that just moved the entire table to the left.

Also, the actual who's online page is left aligned. WOL Page

Lastly, I have MyStyle installed as well, and when I choose a different template (ie a black one, like here , the font color will change but the background will stay the color of the Standard template.

I realize this could have been my editting, but I from what I have seen this only appears on Internet Explorer6, on all versions below 6 everything looks fine.

Please assist me, it would be appreciated. smile
hi qasic,

i'm having a problem with the hack its installed properly but it only shows myself being online or whoever else is viewing the board he can only see himself ... it doesn't show up the others who are browsing the board ..........

can u direct me towards the problem

thanks vik smile
I installed it twice with ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi and one time with my own hands tipsy But three times I get this error:

[code][/code]Does somebody know what's wrong?

edit: I get this error on ultimatebb.cgi, the control panel seems to work perfect.
hey - is there a version of this that works with PHP yet? I have this installed... an upgrade would be nice?
hi,

Installed this and it's broken my Sticky Topics 1.5 I spent 2 hours implementing last night frown can someone tell me how to fix it? I have a backup of the ultimate.cgi and the one in use available..

Basically after installing WHO it tells me:

You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

any ideas? I'm presuming I overwrote something in the ultimate.cgi but I havent for the life of me got an idea where to look.
You know UBB 6.5 has both Who's Online and Sticky Topics in the source code tipsy
OH OK I'LL UPGRADE!

*goes off mumbling*
I Install This mods, works great. Now when I click on the link "Currently Browsing The Boards" I get this error message:

quote:
LoadStyleTemplate no longer takes a number.Backtrace: ultimatebb.cgi:638 -> sub main::whos_online

Backtrace: ubb_whos_online.cgi:283 -> sub main::LoadStyleTemplate

Backtrace: ubb_lib.cgi:2229 -> sub main::Tracer

Can someone help me with this.
Does anyone have a copy of this "Who's Online 4.1PB2" I could get please?

It's Friday night and I think Qasics server has been drinking. It thinks Im being hotlink there and won't allow me to download.

Thanks in adavance.

Can also catch me on yahoo at rainner468

Thanks again

Rainner
© UBB.Developers