UBB.Dev
Posted By: LK [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:11 PM
Original Author: jordo.

Description: This modification will add a calendar to your UBB™. It includes a birthday profile field, which will show up in the calendar and add an avatar near the user's name in his/her birthday. You will also be able to post an announcement and set a calendar date and it will show it in the calendar. It's 100% Templetized and Wordletized™ and includes a CP interface.

Requirements: Valid license, UBB™ 6.1.0 Beta Release 2.1 or higher.

Download: ZIP File or MultiHack File

Demo: http://www.lkubb.dns2go.com

Good luck! smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:23 PM
sweet! laugh
Posted By: DJSharp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:39 PM
LK, im still gettin the error message with the "ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi" file. u can view it here: http://www.djsharp.com/index3.shtml

im supposed to have ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi uploaded in "cgi-bin" & chmoded 755, right? if not, then that could be the problem frown i dont think the readme file ever said where it should go & what it should be chmoded.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:47 PM
Did you get the new ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi? Can you try again?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:51 PM
BTW Deb/Allen, I posted it in the V6 Licensed Modifications DB forum. Can you add a v6.1 one?
Posted By: DJSharp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/30/2001 11:58 PM
quote:
ya, i uploaded the new one & i got the same message.
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 1:11 AM
LK,

Great hack.

Another great feature would be to allow users to display the day of their birthday, but not the year. Like in the year drop down on the member profile it has all the year options but maybe the top option is "do not display", or something.

Also, the colors are still kind of confusing, I added a color key at the bottom, but manually in the display pl. Maybe a hack for a key at the bottom of the calendar that changes when you chage the calendar settings in the cp?

thanks again, great work!
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 1:39 AM
quote:
Having same problem. I think it may be server related though, not a problem with this hack. I can't even get .shtml files in my docs directory to call .inc's in my cgi-bin, let alone exec .cgi's
Posted By: Wiz-Kid Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 2:51 AM
Looks Great! I'm not sure I'm going to use it though. But it's really good.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 6:44 AM
ZIP file updated with a modification to ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi, if it works in your board or you don't need SSI, you don't need it.

I haven't tested it anywhere that it didn't work before, but I think that's the reason.

Anyway, don't forget you can also try use INCLUDE VIRTUAL, and don't forget that it's not just , it's if it's in another directory.
Posted By: DJSharp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 8:38 AM
damn thats strange. its still not working even with the updated file. and i tryed "include virtual" too. except this time it gives me an "Internal Server Error"

http://www.djsharp.com/index3.shtml

confused
Posted By: Cybernoova Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 1:06 PM
Thx, for this great hack but the multihack file is it something wrong with. When i try to analyse the file, i get failed in 9 of 10 files. Could not find or add to the hack.

I use the new ubb 6.1.0.2 with the who`s online, mods wordlet and last reply hack on.

Is it just me or.... confused
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 1:43 PM
Cybernoova, are you sure the MultiHack source files directory is V6.1 and not V6.0?
Posted By: Cybernoova Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 11:27 PM
quote:
Yepp, i`m sure. I just reupped the orginales files to for my self, but it was the right files for the ubb 6.1. I just can`t find out what wrong i`m doing here. Shall i post the error files ?!?
Posted By: DJSharp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 10/31/2001 11:57 PM
LK, do u know anybody that has a demo of the SSI part of the calendar on their site?

if somebody has this working, id like to compare "ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi" files & see whats wrong with mine.
Posted By: med Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/01/2001 1:36 AM
Hi Guys!

Great hack! I would like a feature . Simple. While displaying a link for an anniversary (description of event) i would like to put a link for people to a specific forum so that can write greetings. How to ? Thanks for the tip, and keep up the good work!

Med.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/01/2001 1:38 PM
http://www.lkubb.dns2go.com/shtml , it's just like the version in this ZIP.
Posted By: med Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/01/2001 5:56 PM
Hi LK,

My question was how to put a link in the description of an event (birthday)

XYZ was born on this day XX years ago. For greetings:
http://www.yourlink.com

Thanks in advance,

Med.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/01/2001 6:04 PM
Modify 'add_birthday' wordlet to be "'s birthday. Write him/her a greeting in http://www.yoursite.com"
Posted By: Manik Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/01/2001 10:58 PM
does this hack add a field to the profile page? when i click to view a new member's profile, i dont see Birthday listed anywhere, does it only show up on the calendar itself?
Posted By: DJSharp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/02/2001 2:06 AM
LK, if i gave u my info for my FTP, do u think u could check it out & see why i cant get the calender to show up on my .shtml page?
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/02/2001 6:21 AM
Question: Does the birthday cake go away after the birthday has expired, or does it stay as part of the post forever?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/02/2001 12:25 PM
Manik, it only shows up in the calendar.
DJSharp, I can try.
Shamrock, it goes away after the next cache clearance after the birthday date.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/02/2001 12:54 PM
ZIP/MultiHack files updated, now you can see the birthday date in get_profile (optional).

Rehack public_display_profile.pl and cp_lib.cgi and upload the new cp_vars_calendar.pl. If you want this feature, access the CP and choose 'Show it.'
Posted By: DrClarke Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/02/2001 11:52 PM
Okay... this calendar hack seriously rocks!

It was a tool I was really craving.

I have a question/problem though, and hopefully I'm just being a retarded blind ******* ....

... lets say I make an error on one of the entries... how do I go in and erase/modify that error?

I'm not finding an option anywhere to fix a mistake.
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 12:10 AM
Nice hack. A couple problems / suggestions.

The add a new event link should default to the currently selected day.

The scrolling window for month on Jump To opens showing only 11 months. You actually have to scroll for January. Is there a way to show all 12? (Probably the most nit-picking issue)

How about an extra link near Jump To that takes you back to Today?

What about an option to have events display at the top?

'Add a new event' / 'Prune todays events' links should be moved to a better location. At least put them on the same line.

How about future release with display options as to the style of calendar? A more datebook-looking style would be better for most people. Even at 1024x768 I have to scroll down to see today's events. Some design that had more horizontal space for each day would take up less room vertically and would fit on a page better.

Also, shouldn't all hacks that offer some new place to go in your board also include a way to let Who's Online know where you are? That would be a sweet bonus.

Anyway, great mod so far. Hope you're not done making it better. Maybe Infopop will buy your design and make your hack 'official'. Or do they usually just code it from scratch themselves and pull a 'Microsoft'? wink

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:43 AM
Once again, I have to say this is one of my favorite hacks for the UBB, and like others have mentioned - I think it should become an integral feature of UBB 6.x+.

I had a few problems implementing this... I used a buggy Multihack version of the 1.6 release which I managed to get running...

The most recent 1.7 release... I tried to install it manually (hand editing all affected whiles as per the instructions in the upgrade.txt file) but the manual hack instructions contained several syntax errors. I succesfully hacked it (on our offline test board) using the 1.7 multihack file. laugh

OK,.. that being said and again, this is a superb hack; for our Blues Music site, we hope to use it to post thousands of events, such as tour schedules for all key blues artists, birth and death dates of blues artists, etc.

We developped a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet which allows us to rapidly enter Calendar information, and includes a cell with concatenated information in a format that works with the Calendar hack. I.E. seqserialnumber || a julian date || postedby || eventname || description etc... this works fine, and we paste it into the calender_events.cgi file.

Where trouble arises, is when we paste a large number of events (say 500 plus, with sequential numbers starting at 1000+) into the events.cgi txt file... they appear properly in the Calendar, but if we attempt to "prune" them (edit the event) using the UBB Calendar interface, it causes the server to go into a real panic state.... i.e. after a prune event submit, a blank screen and the server goes into a runaway state.

So the question is this:

Can the events.cgi file be externally populated, and if so, what should the sequential numbering be.

Hope this makes some sense smile

Again, superb hack!!!!

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: RTM ]
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:50 AM
quote:
Go to the day that contains the event in question... then select the Prune Today's Events located just beneath the detailled daily events listing at the bottom. The subsequent screen will allow you to edit (or delete) those days events.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 9:11 AM
DrClark: if there is an error, I can't do anything about it, you have to edit vars_calendar_events.cgi manually.

White Gold:

I think it's some IE thing.

Click on 'calendar' in the top of the page.

I'm not a good designer, but maybe.

ditto

Do you have any suggestions?

In ultimatebb.cgi, after if ($ubb eq 'calendar') {, add:
Code
code:

It's more Jordo's design.

RTM, are you sure seqserialnumber is in the line seqserialnumber? (like 1000 is in line 1000)

Maybe I'll change it soon to be more external-programs-compatible.

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 9:56 AM
ZIP file updated, now there is no $desc[0].

Don't worry, it's not like Calendar Hack 1.5 - 1.6 upgrade, there is upgrade.cgi that removes [0] smile

Please note that if you do not want to use upgrade.cgi, do not upload it, it's a security risk.

UPDATED FILES: ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, upgrade.cgi.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 11:59 AM
Hi,

I think I have discovered a bug, plus a comment..

First the bug....

If you are in Jan 2002, and go to previous month it goes to December 2000. This has happend on other months as well.

Now the comment...

Also, is it possible to have next / previous months at the top of the calendar as well, on a small screen it is a long way to scroll down the page to skip a couple of months etc.

Great Hack btw - think I preferred the colour scheme in 1.7, but hey that is a minor gripe wink

Cheers.

Canvey.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 1:07 PM
The color schemes in 1.7 and 1.8 are exactly the same, the only difference is that $desc[0] is removed.

ZIP file updated with a fix, and I want an example of a site with the 'comment'.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 1:32 PM
Hi,

No problem - the site is at Non League Forums

I thought the background was either white, or a light grey - maybe not - probably been working to hard wink .

My comment was mainly because in 800 * 600 there is a long way to scroll. Also could we make the weekday names a little smaller, again in 800 * 600 they look big, and I guess translated to another language, could cause a slight problem with length.

As I said before a great hack, and it went in very easily - even doing it manually.

Canvey.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 1:53 PM
Just one other thought, when somone registers, and fills in their Birthday, is there any way to display this is the summary, with perhaps a flag to say - 'Your Birthday will / will not appear in the Calendar'.

I realise it appears in 'edit my profile', but it would be nice in the summary as well.

Regards,

Canvey.
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 4:14 PM
quote:
Actually, no, the serialnumber I generated was not necessarily located on the same physical line number... perhaps this is what was causing the problem. I will do some more testing using batch inputting into the events file and let you know how it goes. smile Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 4:18 PM
Just upgrade to v1.8 (upload ubb_lib
_calendar.cgi and upload.cgi and open upgrade.cgi) wink You won't have to make it in the same line.
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:03 PM
Code
quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LK:
Just upgrade to v1.8 (upload ubb_lib
_calendar.cgi and upload.cgi and open upgrade.cgi) ;) You won't have to make it in the same line.
<hr></blockquote>

Yikes, that was a fast response :eek: ...

I decided to Multihack the whole thing using the 180 MHP... it seemed to have gone find... only now I get this error when going to the main calendar page:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

confused Thanks again for that quick response.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:07 PM
That's odd, in my ubb_lib_calendar.cgi there isn't line 637...
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:10 PM
quote:
Hehe - ok ... as you were writing that, I decided to delete everything past line 635 ... and it seems to be working now.

I will continue testing; I just noticed a date problem, -4711 as a year, but now I can't reproduce it.

Man, this is one superb feature!

Rob
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:17 PM
Ok, found the problem:

When one first enters the calender (from the main ubb link using ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar) the date references for the "next month" and previous month" do not appear to be in proper julian format.

For example, in my case the next month link is
ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=373

and the previous month link is
ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=312

Using "jump to month" works fine, and then the dates are correctly julianised wink

Rob
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:27 PM
I forgot 1 line in Canvey's bug bugfix! wink

ZIP/MHK files updated, upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi.
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:34 PM
LK could you tell us what line you modified ?

thanks smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:44 PM
Above:
Code
code:
Add
Code
code:
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 5:12 AM
Excellent, seems to be running smoothly now! I noticed that there are no more event serial numbers in the events file. Interesting... ;-)

I will start indepth testing, and we will probably launch our calendar tomorrow on our public site if all goes well...

Again, thanks and congrats LK and Jordo wink

Rob
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 11:04 AM
Anyone else getting strange results trying to use the mhp file? It's throwing errors finding code in the cp_*.cgi files and when I run the hack it seems to be doing something really strange - code is added that the mhp doesn't call for and other code disappears... ???

Does the multihack tend to cache old files? I've deleted the output folder files and restarted the program, but it seems like ghost files appear when running the calendar.mhp cuz the differences are things I remember from the old 1.6 version. (it added:
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi";

to the spot in cp.cgi that an earlier version would have and I don't see this in recent versions of the calendar mod.

I'll probably reboot and see if the memory or temp file folder gets cleared.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 5:43 PM
Calendar Hack 1.9 released, now it uses [32] and another way since I got some information about 6.2 laugh

Rehack: ubb_profile.cgi, ubb_lib_posting.cgi, ubb_registration.cgi, ubb_lib_files.cgi (to decrease 55 to 32), public_display_profile.pl.

Use upgrade19.cgi to upgrade from 1.6/1.7/1.8, and don't forget to BACKUP YOUR MEMBERS DIR FIRST!! wink

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 6:34 PM
Installed on test system and working. Thank you for updating the MHK as well as it made my install painless smile
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 6:52 PM
I get this when trying to update member files

Undefined subroutine &main::StandardHTML called at /www/reeftalk/test/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_files.cgi line 829.

this is from upgrade19.cgi
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 7:27 PM
ZIP file updated with an updated upgrade19.cgi, now it checks if the file exists first and it also stops every 300 users to prevent cgi timeout error.

omegatron, try again with the new file.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 9:05 PM
Hi LK,

I ran the upgrade, and had the following result..

00000000 member not found.
Success! File removed for security purposes.

Is this correct?

Thanks as usual....

Canvey.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 9:12 PM
member not found = it's shown up in memberslist.cgi but doesn't exist, so I made a check so ubb_lib_files.cgi won't make &StandardHTMLs. In other words, it means 'the file doesn't exist, we didn't modify it, but everything else is fine', so if there REALLY isn't 00000000 (and I don't think there is such thing wink ), it's fine.
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 9:52 PM
Why should I upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9?

quote:
This is all the information we get about a minor upgrade? I don't have time to upgrade my hacks if there is no reason to.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 10:05 PM
It makes the upgrading to 6.2 smoother, I think it's pretty important. You don't have to upgrade though, but I probably won't include upgrade*.cgi in the 6.2.0 ZIP so the users will have to manually fill in their birthdate.
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 10:10 PM
I got the same thing? 000000 not found. Now I checked some member files and the birthdates are in the 32 lines in backwards format but they are still down in the 54th line as well. Should this be what happens? the custom status thing uses line 55
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 10:19 PM
No, if I understand what you mean it shouldn't be like that and in my board it's not like that, but if it works, there is no problem wink

Can you send me a members file (password/etc censored, ofcourse) for example?

Also I forgot to include the new public_display_profile.pl part, please download the new ZIP/MHK and rehack it.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/04/2001 11:41 PM
Lookin good so far LK. All birthday fields were switched from 55 to 32 and put in the correct format. They aren't showing up when you click on the calendar tho... something I am missing here?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/05/2001 2:07 PM
They show up in the calendar only after the user edits his/her profile/registers, it doesn't check the profile fields.

[edit: that's odd, even when I update my profile it isn't shown up... works fine in my board confused

Try to rehack ubb_profile.cgi.]

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 12:33 AM
Weird error I am noticing. I have done no new hacking to my board. Yesterday I installed the new calendar and ran the upgrade program. I posted error above but yesterday I noticed my newestmemberline is gone from the board even though it is enabled in control panel and now new members can not register. They get a confirmation and everything but my members directory does not have the new files.
Posted By: Manik Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 2:56 AM
I havent upgraded to 1.9 yet, but with 1.8 I noticed that even when you uncheck "Click here to display birthday" and then hit update profile, it stays checked regardless. Also, when you view someones profile that supposedly doenst want their birthday displayed, it still shows up!
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 3:06 AM
Tried updating ubb_lib_files.cgi, ubb_lib_posting.cgi. ubb_profile.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi, changed 55 to 32, then ran upgrade19.cgi. Below is what I got:

00000000 member not found.
Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::StandardHTML called at /home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/ubb_lib.cgi line 415.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

any ideas LK ???

FYI: this is lines 390-425 of ubb_lib.cgi

sub PostHackDetails {

my @message = @_;
my $called = &Tracer;

my $hackstring = "";

$hackstring .= "nHACK ATTEMPT DATE: $GotTime{LastLoginDT}n$_[1]nAttempt Details:nEnvironment:n";
foreach (sort keys %ENV) {
$hackstring .= "$_ t $ENV{$_}n";
}

$hackstring .= "nPassed to script:n";

foreach (sort keys %in) {
$hackstring .= "$_ t $in{$_}n";
}

$hackstring .= "nnTracer: $calledn";

$hackstring .= "-=- " x 20;

&AppendFileAsString("$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/hacklog.cgi", $hackstring);

&StandardHTML(join("", @message)); (line 415)

}

sub CheckBadChars { # check for | , ;, .. or >< character hack attempts
my $checkthis = shift;
if ($checkthis =~ /||;|<|>|..|*/) { #
&PostHackDetails("$vars_wordlets_err{hack_attempt_bad_char}");
}
return 1;
} # end SR

any ideas LK ???

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: MrStormyNights ]
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 3:30 AM
nevermind my problem error was in ubb_registration.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 5:22 AM
MrStormyNights, try to use the upgrade19.cgi in the new ZIP I've just updated.

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 5:27 AM
quote:
I'll look at it, I used the mhk file.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 5:35 AM
Allen, in ubb_profile.cgi here there is 'add' instead of 'yes' in the 'check to display birthday' thing...

MHK file updated.

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:04 AM
it seems to be fixed now... thanks smile
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:21 AM
OK LK, now I get this.

Software error:
Global symbol "$maxmemfields" requires explicit package name at /home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/upgrade19.cgi line 47. Global symbol "$maxmemfields" requires explicit package name at /home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/upgrade19.cgi line 47. Execution of /home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/upgrade19.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:27 AM
Oops? wink

upgrade19.cgi file updated again, let's hope nobody has more than 300 fields in a user's profile wink

Also, public_display_profile.pl instructions modified, now if the user unchecks the checkbox it doesn't show it. (it's not important if you disabled this option)

Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 7:03 AM
same thing with new file, how bout I give you the info for the site and you check it out?
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 7:46 AM
Ok, new file works.

Question though, When upgrading from 1.7 to 1.9 do I just run the upgrade19.cgi and then upload the included files?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 12:55 PM
And upgrade18.cgi wink

You should also rehack some files, check my 'new version' messages for a list.

Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 4:55 PM
Found a very small bug, if you go to January 2000 it's changed to January 2nd instead of January 1st.

Get the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, the difference is in sub calendar_main.
Posted By: Manik Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:50 PM
getting this error all over the place:

Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('00000001')

I ran the upgrade18.cgi, then rehacked the files you mentioned for 1.9 and then tried to run upgrade1.9 and it gave me this error:

Global symbol "$maxmemfields" requires explicit package name at C:pathcgi-binupgrade19.cgi line 47. Global symbol "$maxmemfields" requires explicit package name at C:pathcgi-binupgrade19.cgi line 47. Execution of C:pathcgi-binupgrade19.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:53 PM
Manik: 1. Until you'll get upgrade19.cgi to work, use '55' instead of '32' in ubb_lib_files.cgi.

2. Are you sure you got the new ZIP? If line 27 is without "$maxmemfields", make it:
Code
code:

Please contact me in AIM if it doesn't help.

Posted By: med Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:59 PM
Hi... got a small problem and have no idea where to find bug.

When editing a profile, it always stats the Jan 01 date even when changing the date.
But the change is definitly made in the calendar.

Thanks for the help.

Med.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 7:07 PM
med, rehack ubb_profile.cgi, the $user_profile[32] = .... part.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 7:14 PM
[Fixed in AIM, proxy/Temporary Internet Files problem]

Posted By: med Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/06/2001 7:21 PM
LK...

Thanks LK, really appreciated it! Works fine now (hehe...missed a line!)

Big up

Med.
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/07/2001 6:19 AM
I just downloaded the zip and it was empty?
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/07/2001 7:19 AM
LK,

I have a question. You spent all this time with making sure birthday is line 32. You said to be compliant with UBB 6.2? In 6.2 is there something special. Will those of us with lines after 50 have a problem. The only hack that uses anything higher than yours at 32 is stars hack which has a custom status at 54. Would it be worth my time to change this to 33 and hack member files putting it in line 33 to be compliant?
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/07/2001 7:25 AM
quote:
Yep, me too...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/07/2001 7:34 AM
omegatron, just change the birthday info for now... it is a field being added into 6.2 for the coppa stuff and this just takes advantage of it already being in there. The transition to 6.2 for this modification will be much easier at that time smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/07/2001 1:43 PM
omegatron, just don't change ubb_lib_files.cgi.

XPerT/freaksence, blame my host, fixed wink
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/08/2001 12:26 AM
The reason I asked is cause stars hack uses 54 for custom status. Is not changing this to say 33 going to cause a problem with 6.2 and member files or will we simply have to up ubb_lib_files like we have been smile
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/08/2001 4:08 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but i THINK i have either the 1.6 or 1.7 hack installed. Now to upgrade, do I just need to run the upgrade19.cgi file? Or do I need to rehack files?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/08/2001 1:25 PM
omegatron, [50]+ (I think) can be used in the future UBB releases, so there probably won't be any problem if you'll change $maxmemfields to the correct number.

Shamrock, MANY files have been changed, I can't remember which ones, so rehack everything, and then use both upgrade18.cgi AND upgrade19.cgi.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 12:41 AM
Here's a cool idea for version 2.0.

How about a display on the main forums page that shows today's events and their description? Right below Who's Online would be a good place for it.

In case there are no events for the day, how about a control panel option to display the next event showing how many days away it is instead of the description?

Without a presence on the main page, the calendar will never be as popular as it could be. (IMHO)
Posted By: LoscoUomo Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 3:06 AM
You know...He's right, nice idea man, could it be posted here some things to add/change to intigrate above suggestion in?

Sorry 4 bad english

----------------------
-=DARKMAN=-
-=CROHACK=-
www.crohack.org
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 2:29 PM
ZIP file updated.

The only difference is the new forum summary thing (optional by the CP).

Hack ubb_forum_summary.cgi, public_forum_summary.pl, rehack cp_lib.cgi and upload the updated cp_vars_calendar.pl.

You don't have to rehack if you don't want this feature

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 4:17 PM
It says the zip is missing 928 bytes.
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 4:20 PM
quote:
I haven't checked out your changes, but has this been put in? I didn't notice it on your site.

In case it isn't very clear, I wanted a control panel option to prevent having your calendar always say "No events for today." if you have few items on the calendar.

That way, the next event displays and how far away it is. A control panel option would be the trick, since not everyone would want the next event to display and perhaps confuse people.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 4:26 PM
I personally don't like this option, so it's not available yet.

XPerT: ZIP file uploaded again, does it work now?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 4:35 PM
There is a problem with Netfirms, get it from http://lk.netfirms.com/calendar2.zip
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 9:38 PM
Help!

Running upgrade19.cgi gives me this:

Code
code:

I was upgrading from 1.8 to the new 1.9.

-UPDATE-
It gives me the same message when I put in an incorrect username and password. I re-checked the ubb_lib.cgi changes and they matched the ones needed in calendar.txt. What else can I check?

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 10:21 PM
quote:
OK. I saw this previous message. Perhaps the calendar.txt instructions should include this tidbit?

Now that I'm up and running, should I modify ubb_lib_files.cgi back to '32' now?
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 10:32 PM
I added an event for today and it doesn't show up on the forum summary. It's always "No events scheduled for today". Cache cleared and everything.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 11:31 PM
White:

a. It should work without the $maxmemfields modification.
b. The forum summary thing works fine in my board.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/09/2001 11:54 PM
Got it, and the zip is valid...I'll hack it in the test board tonight and see how it likes NT servers...

I had great results with the version I ran on 6.04 and 6.05 so I predict a good outcome.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 12:06 AM
OK, found the problem with 'No events scheduled for today', it's because it used the server time and not the UBB time. (like if the server is in Australia but the UBB time is set to PST, it checked for events for today in Australian time).

ZIP file updated, rehack ubb_forum_summary.cgi smile
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 12:10 AM
I downloaded both calendar.zip and calendar2.zip and calendar.txt was the same as before. Did I download it too quick?

Also, how about fixing the "1 events" wordlet spelling problem?

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 12:21 AM
------------Ignore this now (because I was told to ignore your question)----------------

In the new version it has been modified.

-------------Stop ignoring this---------------

It's pretty easy, but I think the user will understand. You can also change the Worldet™ to 'event(s)'. If you REALLY need it, in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:
Code
code:
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 1:34 AM
quote:
I still find nothing changed with the instructions to hack ubb_forum_summary.cgi. I wish I could stop bugging you. wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 11:04 AM
It's probably your Proxy/Temporary Internet Files...

Code
code:
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 5:40 PM
upgrade19.cgi wasn't working for me, like someone else I'll get

Code
code:

After changing '32' to '55' in ubb_lib_files.cgi back again it was running.

Also ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi doesn't work. But it was also not working in 1.8 for me since I've upgraded a few days ago. It shows no events. But the forum summary thing works fine for me.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/10/2001 6:09 PM
Get the new ZIP and try to use ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi, the 'fix' attempt caused it. tipsy
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 1:42 AM
Here's a bug I can't believe I didn't notice.

When you jump to (for example) November of any future year and then click a date
on that month (let's say the 9th), it takes you back to the 9th of November in 2001.

Here's a quote from a while back of a similar problem:

quote:
F.Y.I.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 11:16 AM
ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi isn't working for me, even with the version from the new zip
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 2:09 PM
eek Fixed, upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi frown

XNet: I have no idea, it works fine both in my board and in UBBDev, maybe it works only in Windows? confused
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 9:18 PM
It has worked before 1.8 for me, but not now.

A other point: After I've answered in a topic directly after someone with a birtday cake (has birtday this day) I have also birtday cake with my username. But only in this topic. And I don't have birthday this day, but added a event for the same day.
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 9:24 PM
This is a lot of changes without affecting the version number.

It also begs the question, "How often does a hack have to be changed to lose its 'finished' status?".
wink <-(just kidding)
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 9:57 PM
White Gold, all bugs except the weird ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi thing are affected by additions to the final version.

XNet: rehack ubb_lib_posting.cgi, the = ""; part.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 10:11 PM
(White Gold, and again, it was caused by something after the final version was released)

XNet: this is very weird, however I fixed it, rehack ubb_lib_posting.cgi... I guess I should have made the next version in the beta forum and 1.7 in the finished mods, but I hope all the bugs are fixed now.
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/11/2001 11:52 PM
Hmm, there was no luck with the birthday cakes, all posters after the person with birtday have their cake.

I've added a undef($birthdayfields[3]); now, seems to work yet.
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 12:48 AM
Ok, the ssi is also working for me now.

I've added
print "Content-type: text/htmlnn";

and changed $desc[2] to $desc[1]
and $desc[3] to $desc[2]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 10:32 AM
Thanks XNet, I also tried Content-type: text/html but in index.shtml it said "Content-type: text/htmlnone"...
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 7:34 PM
I re-thought the idea I had about having a control panel option to display the next upcoming event on the forum summary. You must admit the desire for sites who really use the calendar to have some sort of buit-in countdown option. I came up with a better way to implement it. Let's see if you like this better.

It would start with an additional option for each event that you could set. Just a checkbox labelled 'countdown?' next to 'yearly?' You might even add an admin requirement for this option.

Then, on the forum summary display, you could search for all future events with the countdown flag and display them first on a separate line with a note about how many days are left. Then display the current day's events normally on another line.

This seems to be a simple change for great functionality. You might have to convert the current events again to include the new flag, but that should be all the hard work.

What do you think?
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 10:34 PM
quote:
Where did you add this add?

Tom
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 10:45 PM
I've been trying to get the SSI part to work and when if I try to run ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi manually, this is what I get:

malformed header from script. Bad header=none: /data1/hm/osok-clan.net/cgi-bin/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi

Can someone help?

Tom
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/12/2001 10:55 PM
Also one other thing.

LK in you calendar.txt file at the bottom it says to uss the ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi file to display a text list of events.

How did you get your test board to show the small version of the calendar?

Tom
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/13/2001 5:27 AM
Here's a little twist I added to my calendar.

I didn't like having a different color for the currently selected day. I put an out-set border around it instead.

Check it out:
My Calendar

Here's what I changed in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:

Find:
Code
code:

Replace it with:
Code
code:
###

Find:
Code
code:

Add after:
Code
code:
###

Find:
Code
code:

Replace with:
Code
code:
###

Find:
Code
code:

Replace with:
Code
code:
###

That's it.

Looks a little like vBulletin, but I prefer it.

(Why does UBB translate graemlins inside code tags? wink )

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/13/2001 7:32 AM
That minicalendar is ?ubb=calendar_ssi.

Tom: that's the bug XNet fixed, but whenever I try to fix it, Content-type: text/html + 2 enters are printed in the SSI page, so I can't fix it till he'll give me his updated ZIP since I don't have a *nix box to try it on.
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/13/2001 10:52 PM
Code
quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tomjinx1:

Where did you add this add?

<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

I think you have to add such a statement always if you output HTML from a CGI before you print anything else. Mainly on a *ix box.
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 12:06 AM
LK,

Is there a fix yet when members register that checks to make sure that they input the birthday correctly? some people are inputing example 197238|no instead of 19720308|no which ends up with garbled birthday
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 1:11 AM
AHHHH!!! HELP! I re-hacked to upgrade from 1.7 and now I am getting these errors in my cp... I had to hack into my member file just to log in!:

"Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('00000002')"

Anyone know what's up?

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Shamrock ]
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 1:14 AM
also, when I ran upgrade19.cgi, i got this:

"Content-type: text/html"
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 2:07 AM
Okay in ubb_lib_files.cgi find ( my $maxmemfields ) if it reads 32 and you are getting this number try entering 55 and see if this fixes it.
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 2:59 AM
LK,

Greets... I have one more question for you.

I have gotten the small calendar on my site now.. Thanks for that bit of info... But I do have a question about it...

On the webpage and if I go directly to it by ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi it doesn't show my events on the small version... Is there something I need to do?

UBBDev does the same thing... you can see here https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi

This is what mine is also doing...

Thanks for all the help you have given me...

Tom

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: tomjinx1 ]

Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 1:37 PM
XNet: That's what I was afraid of, that you have to choose between Windows and UNIX.. New method for UNIX users: ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi?unix=yeah.

Get the updated zip from http://www.lkubb.dns2go.com/calendar.zip since Netirms FTP doesn't work now frown
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 2:30 PM
I'm just going to re-edit this post so I don't take up alot of space.

LK - feel free to tell me to go screw myself if I get on your nerves. smile

I have one last question... with this new download that you just put up, it fixed the problem with my small calendar displaying events. However, it didn't seem to work with the ?unix=yeah statement so I fixed that by taking that new part off the content line. No big deal...

My question (like I said, you can tell me to go **** off if you want) is this. the small version of the calendar shows events but not birthday events. I noticed this on your board also. Is it hard to get it to display birthday event dates also. If so, then just ignore this.

Thanks so much for everything you have do LK. I appreciate all the help.

Tom

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: tomjinx1 ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 3:14 PM
omegatron: make sure you have:
$in{bdaymonth} = sprintf("%0.2d", $in{bdaymonth});
$in{bdayday} = sprintf("%0.2d", $in{bdayday});

in ubb_profile.cgi.

If you do, you're probably running a pretty old version. Try:
Code
code:

tomjinx: it's on purpose, but if you want to modify it, take out:
if ($desc[3] =~ /<--d+-->/) {
$desc[1] = "";
} from ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 3:38 PM
I am running your latest calendar smile NOT AN OLD VERSION.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 3:46 PM
I mean an old Perl version.
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 4:09 PM
Well my Perl version is 5.006

Not that old really I tried your little fix we will see if in a couple registrations we have the same problem. I will keep you posted.
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/14/2001 4:55 PM
LK,

Thank you for everything.

Tom
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/15/2001 5:46 AM
*/ tries and tries to connect to server /*

LK HELP!!! wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/15/2001 7:23 AM
Try again wink
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/15/2001 6:57 PM
I got it installed, and it seems to work great and bugfree so far for me.

Only 1 little thing:
There seems to be a problem in the wordlets. I have it installed on a german Board, and the line where it says "xx was born on this day xx years ago" I translated it to "xx wurde an diesem tag vor xx geboren", but it just doesnt let me change that "years ago" in the Wordlets or I rather should say it doens't show then, and of course I cleared cache and so on.

Any Suggestions?
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/15/2001 7:49 PM
In the wordlets file at the bottom is where years is at. The last two lines I think is years and years ago. Did you change those two lines?

Tom
Posted By: redhotkitchen Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/15/2001 9:28 PM
Okay, solved my own problem that I originally came here with, but I'm having another.

Everything looks fine, except two things:

1) There's no line for the events of the day showing on forum pages, even though I have that option enabled.

2) Birthdays aren't showing up on the calendar.

Any ideas for where I went wrong?

Also a totally unrelated question-- when it has the option "Only Administrators and selected Members may post new events," where is it that one would select the "selected members" to give them the ability to add events?

Thanks!

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: redhotkitchen ]
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/16/2001 2:58 AM
quote:
Of course I did! At first I double and triple checked everything, but I just can't get it to change into german.
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/16/2001 3:04 AM
I got another problem now!

I just installed the "Stats Hack" and now all my links to the calendar are gone, I still can reach the calendar with the /ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar URL but the Link at the top in the forum home and the calendar summary at the bottom in the forum home "disappeared" after I had the Stats Hack installed. As well the whole calendar Hack now is screwed up, doesn't work at all anymore!

Strange, does anybody know why, and know a fix to that?

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Domain ]
Posted By: redhotkitchen Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/16/2001 5:11 PM
In addition to the problem I stated above, I've also discovered that a newly registered user since I installed the calendar hack has her birthday showing up on the calendar, but no one else. However, her birthday in her profile is listed as 51-21-198. When you click on it, it goes to the calendar date March 20, 2005. But her birthday is listed as an event on December 1st on the calendar, and doesn't list a name of a person who added it, which leads me to believe it was automatically generated from the info in her profile.

This is getting more and more confusing. confused

link to the main boards page

link to the page that show\'s the girl\'s birthday on December 1 (though her profile doesn't say that)
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 2:25 PM
Redhot - I just went to your board and registered. My date of birth is Nov 30 1972 and it showed up on the calendar fine...

Hummmm Did you get your problem fixed?

Tom
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 2:30 PM
quote:
Alot of hacks will say find this: and then replace with: What you have to realize is that sometimes, your other hacks modifications could be within the coding that is to be erased. For example in the stats hack which I'm going to be adding this weekend, it might have your replace a section of coding that contains the $calendar and have your replace the whole string that contains coding for your links at the top of the forum. And if you have other hacks in the string of code and just replace it like the file says, then your link is gone.

The best thing I can do is tell you to zip up all the files that the calendar hack modifies and send them to me at [email protected] and I will try to find and fix your problemed areas. How's that sound...

Cool?

Tom
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 2:35 PM
kitchen: 1) Rehack ubb_forum_summary.cgi

2) Rehack ubb_profile.cgi

3) CP - View/Edit Member Records smile
Posted By: manuelbp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 3:09 PM
Installed without problems. Great hack !!
Two minor questions:

I just wanted to know when the "has just turned" will be used, cause I am translating into spanish
and I can´t imagine what´s the use of it.

What has to be changed in order to have the "add_birthday" wordlet before the name of the user)? I will explain: In spanish I can´t say "manuelbp´s birthday", it has to be something like "birthday of manuelbp", where "add_birthday" is before my name.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 3:26 PM
'has just turned' is like 'was born', number and 'years ago', but in Topic Page.

It's like "LK has just turned 18".

About the ''s birthday' wordlet, change ubb_profile and ubb_registration.cgi:

Instead of:
$pubname$vars_wordlets_calendar{add_birthday}

or:

$poster_name$vars_wordlets_calendar{add_birthday}, make it:

$vars_wordlets_calendar{add_birthday} $pubname

or:

$vars_wordlets_calendar{add_birthday} $poster_name
Posted By: manuelbp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 4:02 PM
[Linked Image] Thanks LK !!

Keeping the mentioned modifications in mind, these are the translations into spanish for whoever wants them:

Code
code:

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: manuelbp ]
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/17/2001 10:39 PM
LK,

I figured I would let you know this again. I tried your fix's but I have watched another ten members register and same error as before. I tried your fix as well as upload all new files and recheck all hacking. Still when some people register and do not input the month or day as 1 instead of 01 you end up with garbled birthday data. Example 197238|no instead of 19720308|no This was taken directly from member cgi file.
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/18/2001 8:26 PM
Problem with the hack on my board.

Everytime I go to the CP to set the settings, it gives me this error message.

You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: show_summary

I looked up and down and all fields are filled. I even checked all files that where hacked and everything is ok as the installing text guide said.

Does anyone know what is causing this?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/18/2001 8:31 PM
Terminator, you forgot to upload the new cp_vars_calendar.pl tipsy
Posted By: redhotkitchen Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/19/2001 5:55 PM
quote:
Well, I did and still no go, and I checked my work twice. Still only new users who've registered since I installed the calendar have their birthday showing up on the calendar (tom-- I think that's why yours shows up but old users b-days don't), and no notice of events is displaying on forum summary pages at all.

confused
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/19/2001 10:03 PM
I've just registered 'LK' nick, and it looks like both problems have been solved! cool

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: redhotkitchen Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/19/2001 10:27 PM
I think I'm going crazy! lol

I just saw your post and responded, but to save you going back over there... I do have the cake enabled, so I don't know why it's not showing by your name. And I've got one user who mysteriously now has her birthday showing up correctly, but no one else (including me), has theirs showing up except those few new members since I installed.

Oh yes, of course as I'm typing this, my birthday now is showing up. But it didn't before. And it didn't later. But now that you visited, and after I posted that it didn't, it does. Gah! :rolleyes: But I'm still not seeing all birthdays when I know some users have set them up (I've checked in their profiles). Still no cake either.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: redhotkitchen ]
Posted By: charkins Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/20/2001 9:50 PM
I added this hack today and followed all the instructions. I went through again and can't find anything wrong, but the Month fields aren't showing up in the calendar. My URL is:
http://www.fencing.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? I've gone through all the modified files and can't figure this out.

Thanks,
Craig
Posted By: XRaVeNX Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/21/2001 7:28 AM
I dunno if this was ever posted before but I don't wanna read 10 pages.
You can change the name displayed on the calender for birthdays from the user's login name to the user's publicly displayed name like this (this is assuming u have installed the hack already): *Please backup files before modifying*

Code
code:

After doing this, go to your cgi-bin directory and find a file called vars_calendar_events.cgi.
Inside, for every event that is a birthday, you will see something like this:
Code
code:
where loginname = user's login name
change this to
Code
code:
where publicname = corresponding user's publicly displayed name. CAUTION: the publicly displayed name MUST BE EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS IN THEIR PROFILE!!!

Reupload all the files.

Done. Based on the code, I believe the script was suppose to put the user's publicly displayed name on the birthdays. But it doesn't seem to work. So, I had to do this. I haven't found any errors yet. But if you do find errors, please go ahead and change it back.

I hope LK or jordo doesn't mind me providing this information. If you do mind, I'll be glad to remove this pronto. Also, I guess this is just to let you know that there is something wrong with the birthday name thing.

In the mean while, everyone else, enjoy.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/21/2001 2:23 PM
X: Thanks, but it already is in the hack wink Enter the CP and change 'use login names' to 'use public names' tipsy

C: Rehack ultimatebb.cgi, the wordlets_calendar part, and make sure you uploaded vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi to the variables directory.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: XRaVeNX Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/22/2001 3:27 AM
LK: yes i know it is an actual built in feature already but I tried turning that thing on. It didn't work.

For non-bday event, they DID show the publicly displayed name. However, the bday events still showed their login names. *shrug*
so my "hack" just forces it to use the publicly displayed name.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/22/2001 1:54 PM
X: Not in my board... confused

Allen: btw, it appears like you're running an old version of calendar hack in 1 part but a new version in the other parts, there is 'add' instead of 'yes' in ubb_profile.cgi part #1. Rehack it please.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/22/2001 6:51 PM
Yes sir... smile We'll be moving to the xhtml files this weekend, I'll re-add everything then.
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/23/2001 9:34 AM
quote:
New? Damn I need to check up on news posts on here more often. eek

Thanks LK. wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/23/2001 2:35 PM
Terminator, btw, "Powered by DDC Scripts, Version 6.1.0.3"?! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Nokia666 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/24/2001 7:09 PM
Help,
Added this hack today and everything works great apart from the events aren't being displayed on the main page even though I have selected it in the control panel.
Please help.

Update : Also just realised that birthdays are not being displayed and evertime I go back to my profile it has reset the birday feild back to the default.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Nokia666 ]
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/25/2001 6:51 AM
Lk,

I asked this a while back and you provided a possible fix that never worked. My unix server has perl 5. With your calendar hack when you select dates for birthdates it has one digit for the months and days before the teens. If these do not have a 0 before then it does not display it right. Here is what is written to a member file upon registration

197568|yes

it should be

19750608|yes
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/25/2001 1:55 PM
Nokia666: try to rehack ubb_forum_summary.cgi/public_forum_summary.pl and ubb_profile.cgi/public_edit_profile.pl...

omegatron: do you have ICQ/AIM/MSNIM/whatever?
Posted By: manuelbp Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/25/2001 6:04 PM
LK, today is one of the moderator´s birthday and the cake gif appears beside the name of all the moderators inside one of the private forums.

[ 11-25-2001 10:12 AM: Message edited by: manuelbp ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/25/2001 9:33 PM
I think I fixed that a while ago... Download the ZIP again and rehack ubb_forum_summary
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/26/2001 12:01 AM
aim yes and icq

aim= charles328

[ 11-25-2001 04:14 PM: Message edited by: omegatron ]
Posted By: Nokia666 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/26/2001 12:34 AM
Hi,
Thanks very much...it works perfect now. Only problem is that I don't like it being at the bottom of the page.
If there anyway I can move it to the top just above who's online and below where is says your user name? Then it would fit in really nicely with my PM notification hack.
I'm running who's online version 4.1 PB2
Board is Version 6.1.3

Thanks again

[ 11-25-2001 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Nokia666 ]
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/26/2001 1:53 AM
Instructions say:
#####################in public_forum_summary.pl:

######find: (twice)

$TBB

######replace it with:

$TBB
$calendar

################################################

I don't find this. $TBB appears four times but none of them have

after them. I have the new beta XHTML templates, where does $calendar go? After all four instances?

This code below appears three times, I put it after all three, let hope it works ok.

$TBB

[ 11-25-2001 06:03 PM: Message edited by: MrStormyNights ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/26/2001 6:24 PM
Just put it after the ones in sub page_bottom (or something very similar to that).
Posted By: Cuzz Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/26/2001 10:48 PM
thanks again! Hack works and looks great. I had no problems installing this.
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 1:18 AM
Another problem with the Time Zone.

I made the previous changes to ubb_forum_summary.cgi, and now the correct day's events display on the main page.

However, the birthday cakes in the threads are displaying for people who have their birthday tomorrow. Should a fix similar to the Forum Summary be made to ubb_lib_posting.cgi?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 2:09 PM
Try again, I thought sub today also includes the timezone offset.
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 5:24 PM
I tried reaching you via AIM and it says your active but you never respond. HMM You seem to overlook my problem here too?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 5:41 PM
I'm back now
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 6:04 PM
OK, omegatron found a bug... ZIP file updated with updated instructions for ubb_registration.cgi, the $thismemarray part...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 8:11 PM
Hey LK, tried to use the calendar ssi and had a problem, no output or something

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi

any idea what might be wrong?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 8:21 PM
Allen, so try: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi?unix=yeah

In my board, if I use it, it adds 'content-type: text/htmlnn' to the SSI page...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 8:49 PM
ok... it doesn't do the little calendar anymore?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 9:03 PM
Little calendar = https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 9:09 PM
Sorry, but the birthday cake display is off by my timezone difference.

The cakes showed up yesterday afternoon when the birthday was today, and after clearing my cache just now, they're gone - in the middle of the birthday date.

On a side note, what if a thread hasn't been posted to for a while? Do the last birthday cakes stay there until either a reply is posted or someone else in that thread has a birthday and the page is viewed? Why didn't the fact that the calendar thought the birthday was over trigger a cache overwrite for that page?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 9:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Little calendar = https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi tipsy

https://ubbdev.com/
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 9:19 PM
White Gold Wielder: works fine in my board, I set the birthday for 20011129 and the timezone to +24 and it showed up but when I changed the timezone to 0 it didn't show up...

Allen:
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 9:40 PM
I don't really like that it uses the color set in the calendar... What's better in your opinion: use the colors from calendar, use only the notinmonth color from calendar and the link color will be the default one (of the page), or make it use styles, like
and in the SHTML page, you'll have to use ?
Posted By: White Gold Wielder Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 10:02 PM
OK, here's what happened:

quote:
This is what you said when you initially fixed the Time Zone issue.

I must have missed it a page or two later when you said to rehack ubb_lib_postings.cgi. Changed it and it seems to work fine, although I had to clear my cache to see the results.

What about the other issue? If I go to the same old thread tommorow and no one has posted to it, will the cakes still be there? Do the cakes count on a cache change in order to be added or removed, or do they initiate a cache change themselves?

(I suppose I could wait until tomorrow to find out...)

[ 11-28-2001 02:03 PM: Message edited by: White Gold Wielder ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/28/2001 10:14 PM
No, it won't be modified until cache is cleared/someone will edit his post/reply/remove his post/close topic/open topic/move... I just don't think it will be so common, so IMO there is no need to mess with the cache for that...

Edit: ZIP file updated for only a cosmetic update, now you CAN (don't have to though) use ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=on, and then instead of using the calendar's colors it will use class nomonth and link.

Use:
Code
code:
If you want to use it. If you won't add &css=yes, it will use the old style.

[ 11-28-2001 02:17 PM: Message edited by: LK ]

[Edit 2: Allen, btw, the edit message is stayed after I click on Reply, it's probably the XHTML modification to that hack.

[ 11-28-2001 02:19 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/29/2001 6:45 PM
ZIP file updated once again, and once again it's an improvement (in my opinion) and not a bug fix cool Also vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi has better Wordlets™ IMO, but you should decide for your own.

[edit: forgot a file]

[ 11-29-2001 10:46 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/29/2001 8:02 PM
LK did you do two versions of the Calendar hack for 6.1? Just trying to find out what version I have.. and to see if I need to upgrade.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/29/2001 8:08 PM
Hmm.. I made 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9, if that's what you mean... If you mean two versions that do something else, then no.
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/29/2001 9:07 PM
What file from the calender hack can I look at to tell what version I have? I think I have 1.7
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 3:01 AM
http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

can you guys please put an option for 1 birthdays field on the thing?

lk :**
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 4:17 PM
CopyCat: what do you mean?

Splitfyre: if you don't know what to choose in upgrade.cgi BUT you're sure you didn't have 1.9, choose the 1.0 - 1.7 one, I don't think it can harm... If you just want to know for no reason, in /vars_calendar_events.cgi, if the beginning of every line is something like '00000001', it's 1.6/1.7. If not, if in the Member files line 33 ([32]) is always empty, and line 56 ([55]) sometimes has something, it's 1.8. If not, it's 1.9.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 5:30 PM
CC meant he has 8-10 birthdays in each date, he is wondering if you can add something so that when it gets over 2 or so it will say "birthdays (8)" or whatever
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 6:15 PM
yes Allen thank you

something like this one maybe
Posted By: tackaberry Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 6:16 PM
ew, a vB...how horrific wink

-Tacks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 7:13 PM
I finished + uploaded it a while ago, just forgot to post

Rehack cp_lib.cgi, upload cp_vars_calendar.pl, ubb_lib_calendar.cgi and 'birthdays' Wordlet™.

[edit: forgot the Wordlet]

[ 11-30-2001 11:21 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 7:13 PM
We (LK and Jordo) have already done better wink

Still looking for the "send email on birthday" addition
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 11/30/2001 11:43 PM
thanks guys smile

this would be cool picking members to be notified.. would need cron though, i think

private calendars for user groups would be nice

if i was using this version already i could help u guys.. ;/

opening a pop-up window with the birthdays when u click on it could be nice too; i believe you are opening the day page, am i correct; it is nice too, maybe moving the events to the top could help the visibility of things; just some loose suggestions
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 12:34 AM
Allen, I think I know how to do it:
||123456789y-2000||I's Birthday||I was born on this day <--1900--> years ago||2000

Then (I'm making it up now, that's why it's not so 'intelligent', and I didn't test it)
foreach(@file) {
@desc = split(/||/, $_);
if ($desc[1] =~ m/(y-)(d+)/) {
if ($2 ne $GotTime{JSYear}) {
&ubb_mail(blablabla);
$desc[1] =~ s/y-$2/y-$GotTime{JSYear}/;
$_ = join("||", @desc);
}
}

&WriteFileAsArray("$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_calendar_events.cgi");

It can be used in ubb_lib_posting.cgi, bb_forum_summary.cgi and ofcourse ubb_lib_calendar.cgi.

(Also I won't forget to remove these digits when it will remove 'y')

Now all I need is a greeting card HTML...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 2:12 AM
I'll see if Deb has done it already...
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 1:39 PM
LK, when I select "Upgrade your UBB" from the Control Panel I get the below error. I am on a linux box and the permissions right now (while I'm setting up the test board) for all ubb files are 777. I'm not sure if this matters or not, just thought I would pass it on.

Error:
Variable file lacks proper permissions. Please reset permissions on /home/wewfhfc/public_html/cgi-bin/roleplay/vars_calendar_events.cgi
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 2:02 PM
Not here Do you have any events?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 5:36 PM
Modified something in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, download the ZIP and upload it again...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 7:30 PM
Made a holidays list: (put it in your vars_calendar_events.cgi if you wish)
quote:
Did I forget anything?

BTW, it's only holidays that have a static day, not the ones that are in 'the first some day of some month' or something like that.

[ 12-01-2001 11:51 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/01/2001 7:52 PM
bonfire night
/me likes bonfire

lol

you seem to be missing one holiday
eXtremeTims Birthday
Aug 4th 1987
hint hint
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 10:44 AM
quote:
Yeah... xhtml wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 1:48 PM
I wanted it to change back when you choose to review the event
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 3:25 PM
I am gonna install the calendar soon.

[ 12-02-2001 07:26 AM: Message edited by: eXtremeTim ]
Posted By: actfact Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 7:59 PM
The mod seems to work (if it's the persons birthdate, it shows the birthday.gif), but when I try to access my "Calendar Settings" from the CP, I get the following error --

cp_vars_calendar: template not found at ubb_lib.cgi line 1784.

Also, when I click on 'calendar' from the forum page, I get a "You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist."

I did the mods by myself...and it's my first one..but I am very compute literate and think I put the changes in properly.

I'm running 6.1.0.2 -- any idea?

Thanks in advance!

[ 12-02-2001 12:06 PM: Message edited by: actfact ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 8:27 PM
Rehack ultimatebb.cgi and upload cp_vars_calendar.pl to the Templates dir.
Posted By: actfact Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 8:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, LK.

I can now access the 'Calendar settings' (oops), but I still can't get into the actual calendar itself.. It's still saying "You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist". I'm trying to track down what it wants to do, but I'm unsure -- my entires in ultimatebb.cgi seem fine, so I am not sure what it's looking for and not finding. My permissions also seem correct.

Insight?

(Real cool hack, BTW!)

Thanks again.
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 8:51 PM
||2452160y||O Brasileiro Dia da Independךncia||Prazer!

babelfish

is this brazillian independence day? (07/09)

Dia da Independência Brasileira
Dia da Independência do Brasil

"prazer!" is impossible to decompile ^_^ the proper trans. for "cheers!" would be "saúde!" (thats actually "health", used as an expression for cheers)

ill do a brazillian holidays list (we have lots of holidays) and distribute, if someone can explain me this "2452160y"
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 9:10 PM
It has to be ultimatebb.cgi

CopyCat: thanks. 2452160 = julian date for September 7th, y = yearly (repeats itself every year)
Posted By: actfact Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 9:13 PM
heh. . i suck. looks like i put those if statements in the wrong place. details schemtails

:-P

thanks, lk!

[ 12-02-2001 01:17 PM: Message edited by: actfact ]
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 9:26 PM
quote:
how do i convert that not using ubb functions?

[ed]typo[/ed]

[ 12-02-2001 01:28 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 9:44 PM
Take a look at ubb_lib_time.cgi sub jday. If you don't want to make anything, enter http://www.lkubb.dns2go.com/?ubb=copycat
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 9:52 PM
laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 10:05 PM
quote:
in ultimatebb.cgi, right after } #end find_lost
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 10:06 PM
Thanks LK
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 11:28 PM
ok i created a list with the main commemorative days here

http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/ubbmods/calendar/holidays-brasil.txt

its not in the format my current calendar is, though

ill be doing a file with the judaic comm. days too

there were some days that had to be left, because they are set like "second weekend of march" or something like that. smirk

[ 12-02-2001 03:32 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/02/2001 11:45 PM
Cool, thanks I hope it includes the independence day
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/03/2001 1:42 AM
np smile
http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/ubbmods/calendar/jday-code.txt

sorry i couldnt make a description for each judaic date, im not jewish...
so i just duplicated the name in the description

i would be quicker than this, but i stopped for lunch

[ 12-02-2001 05:54 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/03/2001 2:20 AM
modified the code again, to return a dates list
http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/ubbmods/calendar/make-dates-list.txt

demo

is this the proper format for dates?

[ 12-02-2001 08:34 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/03/2001 3:53 AM
the profession dates in brasil
http://banco.jogosonline.com.br/ubbmods/calendar/professiondays-brasil.txt

this one is kind of big.
im going out to scream now

[edit]filename change [/edit]
[2ndedit]no more edits i promise[/2ndedit]

[ 12-02-2001 08:41 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/03/2001 8:54 AM
quote:
Do the smilies need something like:

or:

?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/03/2001 1:15 PM
UBBDev is modified to be XHTMLed, so it might have some problems here, but in the original version, -> smiley
Posted By: BusBoy Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/04/2001 8:50 AM
Hi Everyone...

LK this mod ROCKS!!!

I just want to make some suggestions... Hahahaa

1. You need to add recurrances! daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. [Radio Button to Select]

recure every "X" week. [drop down number]

recure every mon. tue. wed. thur. fri. sat. sun.
[radio buttons to select]

2. Have some sort of color coding for the days.

3. maybe a time/hour pulldown??

Most of these are straight out of the new M$ OutlookXP

not bashing, but this thing really has some great uses if it could contain more functionality! Right now I have moved my entire practice roster onto the calander... no more telling people every practice whats gonna go on next practice.. JUST CHECK THE CALANDER!! Woooo Hoooo!!

Again LK... This Mod is a Hall of Famer for certain!!

A big thank you!

See ya folks!!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/05/2001 8:09 PM
I'll never add 'daily', but maybe weekly/monthly soon

Also, ZIP file updateds with some other cosmetic changes about Instant Graemlins/UBBCode, like now Instant Graemlins isn't in the same table as Post a new event...

Upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi and public_new_calendar_event.pl if you wish.

[ 12-05-2001 12:13 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: actfact Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/05/2001 8:31 PM
i've got "show today's events in forum summary" enabled, but i'm not actually seeing them. any ideas?

thanks in advance.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/05/2001 8:50 PM
Did you clear your cache? If so, rehack ubb_forum_summary.cgi/public_forum_summary.pl (make sure you do this step TWICE)
Posted By: actfact Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/05/2001 9:37 PM
*slaps himself*

didn't do that last edit twice.

just an idea for the future -- it'd be cool to have an option to include an event on the forum summary page in a "coming soon.." section. i like the idea of being able to "promote" certain events and have them seen on the main page.

[ 12-05-2001 09:30 PM: Message edited by: actfact ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/06/2001 1:39 PM
Upgraded MultiHack file to MHK 2.0 smile

[ 12-06-2001 05:53 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: 1QuickSI Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/06/2001 4:12 PM
LK, this hack should not be in the finished forum as after reading 16 pages worth of posts I am now completly confused as to how many times different files have changed. Not to mention the revision has not changed at all with any of the fixes.

I guess I am going to just re-hack the entire thing to make sure I get all the fixes. Maybe it is time to close this thread and start a new one in the beta forum with a description of what files changed since the initial release of 1.9?

It is an awsome hack though and thank you for taking the time to continue supporting it
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/06/2001 7:36 PM
It's only fixes to additions (like in get_topic, forum summary, bday grouping, etc). If you don't use it, you don't have to rehack...
Posted By: Pulk99 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/07/2001 4:08 PM
is it possible to do, when someone clicks on the event of a day that the page automatically scrolls down, wehere it displays the event, description, posted by ?

By the way, great hack, nice feature, good job !
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/10/2001 11:04 AM
I'm such a dweeb. shocked

My system was running poorly, so I rebooted the computer, and wa-la! The calendar was there!

I'm the poster-girl for Troy's Multihack. I know pretty much zilch about cgi programming/hacking -- and with his program and LK/Jordo for the Calendar hack--I was able to install the calendar to my board w/relative ease!

Woo-HOO!

[ 12-10-2001 03:24 AM: Message edited by: ADWOFF ]
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/11/2001 11:37 PM
Nuts!

Awhile back I asked if something in the calendar output could be changed, and someone posted that code for me.

At the time, I was waiting to upgrade, so I figured I could come back and find that info.

Now I can't.

I've tried searching, too, but I cannot find the info.

Here's the situation: most of my members are female, and most women have a thing about having their ages known to the masses.

Hence, with the calendar, if it's my birthday, right now it might say something like:

quote:
ADWOFF was born on this day 41 years ago.

I need to change that message to either something goofy ... or eliminate it.

Does anyone else remember where that code was posted?

Thanks!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/13/2001 2:32 PM
ADWOFF, I dunno where it's posted, but I have a better idea:
[code][/code]There might be a small difference between ubb_profile.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi, that coe is for ubb_profile.cgi but should be in the other file as well... It's untested, so I'm not sure if it works, but goodluck.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/14/2001 5:06 AM
Thanks, LK.

I'll try it out on my test site & let you know.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/18/2001 10:25 AM
LK, thank you so much for the modifications you've suggested. I added in the revisions, and it seems to be working really well.

The only thing that I'd change is with the Memberlist listing ...

For me, it reads --> 01-19-0

In a perfect world, it would read 01-19, but I think I'll be able to handle the 0 being there.
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/18/2001 10:18 PM
Ugh, this thread looks like hell.

Anyway, LK. I dunno if it this is a bug or not, but if you look at the calendar here for this month, on Jan 1'st 2002 it lists 108 birthdays. While I assume this is because people used a default date for their bDays, all of the other days say like "2 birthdays", shouldn't this date also say something like "108 Birthdays"?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/18/2001 10:37 PM
It has been already fixed.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/19/2001 6:32 PM
ZIP/MHK files updated with a new feature, not a bugfix this time

Now you can choose a style's color instead of only hex color/name.

For example, in selected days you can type 'AltColumnColor1' and in colors without events, use 'BGColor'.

Might be useful if you use MyStyle™.

Upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, cp_vars_calendar.pl and ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi.

[ 12-19-2001 10:34 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/19/2001 11:52 PM
updated here, thanks
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/20/2001 7:33 AM
LK,

I had to remove the modifications you suggested because I ran into a couple problems.

First, I had people having trouble registering; so I closed the board & rebuilt the members' stat files

(this is the message they had received: Can not overwrite an existing profile number. Please notify the administration that their last_number.cgi file may be corrupt. Permissions on the Members directory must be reset, and the Member Stat files must be rebuilt afterwards. (00000517) )

After I rebuilt the members' stat files, I opened the board and tried to register.

With my first attempt, I received this error message:

[code][/code]

I then tried something--making sure that the code mimicked what you had suggested--and tried to register again--I received this message

quote:
An error has occured:
/home/adwoff/cgi-bin/ubb_registration.cgi: Missing right bracket at /home/adwoff/cgi-bin/ubb_registration.cgi line 759, at end of linesyntax error at /home/adwoff/cgi-bin/ubb_registration.cgi line 759, at EOFPlease inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

Any suggestions so that I can try to give people the N/A option instead of choosing a year?

Thanks!

[ 12-19-2001 11:39 PM: Message edited by: ADWOFF ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/20/2001 1:10 PM
You've added "Do_add_event_general" instead of "do_add_event_general" or whatever.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/20/2001 2:42 PM
Oh my God!!!!! Something isn't XHTMLed.

Please rehack ubb_profile.cgi/ubb_registration.cgi's calendar addition part if you wish.
Posted By: platinum Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 2:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Oh my God!!!!! Something isn't XHTMLed.

LOL

thx for hack LK + Jordo
Posted By: DeAdEyE Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 8:54 PM
This Hack is Great!!

One Question though, on my site the calenar section toward the bottom of the main page doesn't seem to change to the current date? Example:
if the 20th of the month had 3 events and on the 20th i cleared the site's cashe then it will display the 3 events, but on the 21st it still shows the 20th's events. The only way i have been able to make this work right is by clearing the cashe daily!??

I am hoping that i have missed something with the install of this hack. Everything else about the calendar works perfect, except for this small issue on the opening page.

Anyone have any ideas what i might need to check out?

Thanks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 9:13 PM
I just don't want to clear cache, that's all. It's pretty easy though, check the last modified date of the summary.html file (add timezoneoffset), and if it's not the same as the current date (with offset), ClearSummaryCache.
Posted By: DeAdEyE Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 9:34 PM
With out sounding too stupid where is the summery.html file located?

Thanks for your help
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 9:38 PM
NonCGIPath/cache-cachepw/ubb_files/summary or something like that
Posted By: DeAdEyE Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/21/2001 10:09 PM
I should have figured that one out, lol. The file was dated for the 20th and not for the 21th. I might just run a nightly job and delete the summery*.* from that folder everyday at 1:05 am. Thanks Again for the help
Posted By: Mr. Ace Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 12/22/2001 7:04 AM
This is a great hack..the MHP worked for me perfectly...
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/01/2002 7:43 AM
Yikes!

When we hit 2002 (Happy New Year everyone!), a whole bunch of people had the little birthday icon show up next to their names!

Which file do I need to go into to fix this? I'm assuming it has something to do w/a default.

Thanks!
Posted By: auxiliary Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/01/2002 10:11 AM
do i need a custom version of this hack for it to work with ubb accelerator? i installed it using the mhp and it seemed to go fine, yet when i load the main page on the board i can see the added things for the calendar but no text... ex. i see the new link for calendar up near my profile and etc but i dont see the text, it just looks like active topics | blank

any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/01/2002 1:22 PM
ADWOFF: vars_calendar_events.cgi.

auxiliary: rehack ultimatebb.cgi (the wordlets_calendar part) and make sre you've uploaded vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi to the Variables dir.
Posted By: {in}Significant Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/02/2002 12:16 AM
How can I change the link color in the "ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi" ssi include !?!? confused
Posted By: bizkit73 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/02/2002 3:23 AM
I noticed once we hit the new year several members have had the birthday icon next to their name although it is not that persons birthday. Is there an easy fix for this? maybe a y2k2 bug?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/02/2002 1:09 PM
{in}Signifacant, use ?ubb=calendar_ssi;css=yes , then add CSS of: notmonth link

bizkit73: it's not a bug, the old Calendar has automatically choesn January 1st, 2001 + add to calendar/profile. I've removed all these stuff from the calendar (1/1/2001), but it's still in their profile, so it shows it.

[ 01-02-2002 05:10 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: dwood Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/05/2002 9:33 PM
Can someone point me to where I can change the font size of EVENTS in the calendar?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/05/2002 10:24 PM
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
[code][/code]
Posted By: dwood Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/06/2002 4:56 AM
And there it is! I looked EVERYWHERE for it.

Thanks LK...and its an AWESOME hack!
Posted By: Eel Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/06/2002 11:29 PM
Gah! Question... I have the name effects hack in... It changes $showpubliname to $effectsname... how do I make that compatible wih the birthday cake part of the hack?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/06/2002 11:45 PM
$effectsname$birthdayfields[3] or something like that.
Posted By: Vilicious Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/07/2002 11:51 AM
My calendar isnt showing up in the main boards down on the bottom.

I have seen other boards with todays current events listed with a link to the calander.

Mine just has the text up top. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/07/2002 1:06 PM
Are you sure you've enabled it in the CP? If so, rehack ubb_forum_summary.cgi + public_forum_summary.pl.
Posted By: Vilicious Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/07/2002 1:35 PM
I was lazy and used the multi hack

Should I go back and do those two manualy?
Posted By: Vilicious Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/07/2002 2:30 PM
Fixed it thanks
Posted By: auxiliary Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 4:31 AM
im not positive that the calendar hack did this but im unsure so i wanted to ask here...

ever since i installed the calendar hack ive lost the cookies that tell the bb the last time a user has visited... such as i visit my board and read all current posts, close the browser and come back and it says ALL posts are new again. im using php accelerator with this board and have calendar, sig hack, sticky threads, and last reply by all installed. any ideas why this would not keep unread post updates now?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 7:31 AM
The UBB sometimes doesn't save the cookies. Also, make sure you visit the CGI file when you enter your site (not ultimatebb.php). If it never works, load a backup ultimatebb.cgi and rehack, maybe the cookie parts have been deleted.
Posted By: auxiliary Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 8:32 AM
im NOT supposed to load ultimatebb.php now? i thought thats what i load when i have the accelerator on?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 11:55 AM
You should never (even if you don't have calendar hack) link to ultimatebb.php for forum summary, it doesn't save cookies. Link to ultimatebb.cgi, and let the forum itself decide when to use ultimatebb.php.
Posted By: Psycho Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 3:41 PM
i want to download this hack, but the url not seems to work
Posted By: auxiliary Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/08/2002 6:11 PM
ok thanks alot LK, i didnt know that and it should help alot with problems im having
Posted By: auxiliary Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/11/2002 12:00 AM
lk,

i just noticed that the calendar hack on my board is showing me as turning 102 today, where would i check the age calc for my board?
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/13/2002 3:28 PM
There must be a little bug in the ssi script. Yearly entrys dosn't display by the script. It show's 'none'

If I change
Code
[/code]
to
[code]

the event will display by the ssi script (removed the 'y'). Do you have the time to look in to this ? Please
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/13/2002 3:39 PM
aux: Make sure you chose the correct year...

Zarzal: shows birthdays in UBBDev
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/13/2002 6:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Zarzal: shows birthdays in UBBDev

The birthday will be show correct in my calendar.
The calculate of of the age work finde. I use ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi with 5.555 bytes from 19.Dec.2001.

I have update from UBB6.05 to 6.1.0.3 and from old calendar hack V1.6 to this Version 1.9. I have to edit some old user profiles to bring all to work. I replace all old scripts/ templates and rehack the whole UBB.
New user entry's will be correct made.

But it's not only the birthday, every yearly entry will be ignored. I add a test entry for today. 2 events today. My calendar: http://dragon-clan.ognhosting.de/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

The ssi call will be used on: http://dragon-clan.ognhosting.de/hp.shtml on the right side (Today).

Anything else to help you ?

Update:
I verify this on a fresh an clear installed test version of ubb6.1.0.3. I do this hack, add 3 events for today. One of them as yearly, 2 for today only. with the ssi call only the non-yearly will be displayd.

Regards
Andreas Lammel

[ 01-13-2002 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Zarzal ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/13/2002 10:02 PM
Found and fixed, upload the new ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi and vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi (atleast the "none" line)
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/13/2002 10:39 PM
LK, GREAT It work. Thanks for the fast work.
Posted By: xxxJakxxx Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/14/2002 4:36 PM
I have set up a calendar on my site and it works perfectly. Thank you.

I am interested in havnig a secure or at least password protected calendar. Is it possible to do that? If it is could you explain how?
Posted By: Pulk99 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/15/2002 5:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
{in}Signifacant, use ?ubb=calendar_ssi;css=yes , then add CSS of: notmonth link

Sorry LK, I don't understand u, what do I have to change in the ubb_calender_ssi_cgi file ?

*confused*: then add CSS of: notmonth link

[ 01-15-2002 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Pulk99 ]
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/15/2002 8:08 PM
[code][/code]

Then you can work with HTML style sheets (.css) to modify the output of the script. You dont need to change anything at the script.

In the .css file you need to set notmonth and link to that what you like.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/15/2002 9:19 PM
It's ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi&ssi=yes
Posted By: xxxJakxxx Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/15/2002 9:21 PM
It's ok just ignore my question....
Posted By: Pulk99 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/15/2002 11:24 PM
Ok, thx, the displaying works, but have probs with the .css
Can someone pls tell me how I must write it exactly (I'm such an idiot, I think )?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 3:39 AM
Hi,

I have just upgraded to 6.1.0.4 - as I have had various problems on my board, I have decided to re-install all my hacks.

I got the following error on all the records that had added their birthday:-

Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('00000008')

As a result I had to delete all the birthdays from my 600odd members. This seems to have done the trick.

I have now got the board back up, and have added a birthday to one of the profiles, and this shows correctly in the calendar - however can you let me know where I went wrong, so that I will know for next time.

Many thanks,

Ian
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 11:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
It's ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi&ssi=yes

I got the describtion from the header of the ssi script smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 1:11 PM
Canvey, you should've used upgrade.cgi
Posted By: Pulk99 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 6:35 PM
[code][/code]

It works, but the stuff with the stylesheet don't work, it still displays the colors form the calender settings, where do I have to set the link to the stylesheet in this php file, and how should look the .css file ?
Thx for your help !
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 7:11 PM
In the PHP file, put:
Posted By: Pulk99 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 8:45 PM
sorry, don't work for me, still displaying the same colors.

LK, can u show me an working example with your board ?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/16/2002 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Canvey, you should've used upgrade.cgi tipsy

In fact it was from this page that I cut and pasted the above text.

Ian.
Posted By: Nokia666 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/21/2002 4:41 AM
Hey,
Installed the hack and have no problems but I didn't like the bar that dispays the current events at the bottom of the main page, so i moved it to just above the who's online.
This has created several blank line though. Presumed you added these into the coding on purpose to seperate it.
Is there any way to remove these blank line?
you can see what I mean at:
www.vodatones.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/21/2002 7:31 PM
Canvey, you should've used the old ubb_lib_files.cgi (before hacking it) when you used upgrade.cgi
Posted By: icey Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/24/2002 4:45 AM
Sorry, I don't have time to go through the other topics, though I doubt this has been posted..

None of the calender wordlets work. What should I redo?

Yes, its chmodded to 777.

Thanks
Posted By: icey Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/26/2002 4:30 AM
Bump,

I really wish someone would help me with this, it needs to be fixed. Where did I go wrong hacking?
Posted By: asfdsdf Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/27/2002 10:46 PM
I love this hack
Posted By: asfdsdf Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/27/2002 10:47 PM
I love this hack
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/30/2002 5:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Canvey, you should've used the old ubb_lib_files.cgi (before hacking it) when you used upgrade.cgi

I've also got an issue similar to this. I once had the hack on my bbs, but it was not working right. Unfortunately, many of the members added their birthdays. Now here's the problem. On my new version (6.2.0), i removed the hack, and now i get this ALL the time when i search for users:

"Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('00000027')" (but the member numbers vary of course)

I have 15k members, so going through and deleting fields is not an option. Please help if anyone knows what I should do!

I've already gone into ubb_lib_files.cgi and upped the maxmemfields to 60. Still no dice.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/30/2002 8:57 AM
So it's not only the calendar hack. Up it to 100 instead of 60, I think you have that hack that requires 100 fields.
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/31/2002 4:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
So it's not only the calendar hack. Up it to 100 instead of 60, I think you have that hack that requires 100 fields.

Thanks LK, i loved the hack, i just am bad at hacking and was messing it up. With 15k members, i can't risk being a bad hacker smile
Posted By: Schu Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/31/2002 10:08 PM
Hrmm. I've upped it to 200 and STILL no dice. Somethings just ****ed. I'm at a loss. Now I have 15,000 someodd members with corrupt member files... ahhh anyone got any idea??
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 01/31/2002 10:18 PM
Do you have AIM/ICQ/Yahoo/MSN? If not, can you upload ubb_lib_files.cgi to somewhere as ubb_lib_files.txt and PM me the URL?
Posted By: panda Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/05/2002 7:38 AM
Installing Calendar 1.9 into 6.1.4...and have run into a problem......

Doing a search for the following line:

[code][/code]in cp.cgi

I've done a partial search for every component of code line and nadda.....zilch...can't locate the code!

I've got several Hacks installed (successfully) so I am a little familar with how to install....but this one's got me stumped.

Can anyone give me some additional code "next to" the line I'm searching for? I'm needing additional search keys.....

Thanks,

Panda
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/05/2002 3:50 PM
Try to find only:

foreach my $file (qw(
Posted By: panda123 Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/05/2002 10:50 PM
LK,

That's what's so screwy about my situation.....I have four copies of cp.cgi...saving each one as backup when doing a Hack install. I've done a partial search as you suggest....in fact I've done a search by each and every word in the code line and can't locate script that comes close to it. There's matches for some of the individual words but the code lines aren't close....

Dunno what to do from here....never run into anything like this. Usually it's a word or two....or a symbol or two that's different; due to a Hack, but I've always been able to locate where the new code goes....till now. smile
Posted By: [UCE]iCEMAN Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/14/2002 2:34 PM
I've installed the hack in the german version 6.1.0.3 and its working fine.

But there seems to be a small problem or this feature is missing. I am using different templates within my forum and want the calendar to be shown with the template of the forum and not always with the general one.

Idea?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/15/2002 3:19 PM
There's only 1 calendar - not per forum.
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/24/2002 6:50 AM
I have the Calendar Hack installed on my forum at British Car Forum . Regarding the little tag that shows up at the bottom of the forum summary page (calander: no events doday ). I'd rather have that show up just above the forum listing table instead of at the bottom. Can someone tell me how I would do this change?

Thanks,
Basil
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/24/2002 11:54 AM
It's calendar, not calander wink

Anyway, use the code posted @ https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000002;p=2
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 02/25/2002 4:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

Anyway, use the code posted @ https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000002;p=2

Ok thanks...at least I spelled it correctly the first time. Fifty percent isn't bad laugh
Basil
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 03/01/2002 8:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

LK, the code posted says to:

Find:$pntf_locations[0]

Add below:$calendar

Unfortunaley, I could not find that code? I am using version 6.1.0.2. if that helps.

Basil
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 03/01/2002 11:46 AM
Oh, sorry tipsy It's ABOVE:[code][/code]
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 03/05/2002 4:30 PM
Ok, what am I doing wrong? I am looking in Public_Forum_Summary.pl and I find two instances of $calendar, both just below $TBB (in two different places). I delete those and add $calendar just above the code you posted above. But for some reason, the calendar strip still showes up in the same place?! I have done it twice, but I am not seeing any chance. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Basil
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: [6.1x] Calendar Hack 1.9 - 04/07/2002 6:26 PM
Strangest thing...today I noticed I had an unusually high number of guests on my board and when I looked at the details on Whos Online, I saw the IP addresses were all the same except the last digits were different. I am suspecting these guests were all the same person. Anyone have any idea what might have been happening?

Basil
British Car Forum
© UBB.Developers