UBB.Dev
Posted By: LK [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/09/2002 10:47 PM
Original Author: jordo.

Description: This modification will add a calendar to your UBB™. UBB™'s birthday will show up in the calendar and add an avatar near the user's name in his/her birthday. You will also be able to post an announcement and set a calendar date and it will show it in the calendar. It's 100% Templetized and Wordletized™ and includes a CP interface.

Requirements: Valid license, UBB™ 6.3.0.

Download: ZIP File or MultiHack File

Demo: http://www.lkworld.com

Number of Downloads: [img]https://ubbdev.com/lk/num.php?s=calendar.zip,calendar.mhp[/img]

Good luck! smile
Posted By: Viper078 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/10/2002 2:46 AM
I know, I probably missed it some where like i did on the member list. But there seems to be a prob, with ubb_lib_posting. Seems it can not find the string to replace the old data. I will double check again, but i thought i would bring this to your attention LK. smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/10/2002 11:11 AM
Oops, try again now smile (download the zip/mhk again tipsy )
Posted By: Viper078 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/10/2002 11:39 AM
Thank you kind sir. Works great now laugh laugh smile
Posted By: Deven Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/14/2002 6:19 PM
Hey LK, this is my first time trying to install hacks to my UBB. I'm running 6.3.0 now and I got the spell check hack installed on it just fine. But when I try to install the calendar hack I have problems.

I use the Multihack file and I run the Anlayze on it first and the line after it begins Analysis says this
quote:

cp.cgi Append Applying Mod ERROR: Requires vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi in cp.cgi

I don't quite understand what it's wanting since I assumed the vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi file would be installed with this hack.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/14/2002 6:21 PM
It's cause you have already installed the spellchecker tipsy

In the MultiHack, find the cp.cgi step that says:
Code
[/code]Replace it with:[code]
Posted By: Deven Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/14/2002 7:42 PM
I didn't think of that. Thanks LK, that did it.
Posted By: snkbitn Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/15/2002 4:17 AM
How does one delete an entry to the calendar?

Great hack by the way!

Thanks...
Posted By: snkbitn Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/15/2002 4:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by snkbitn:
How does one delete an entry to the calendar?

Great hack by the way!

Thanks...

vars_calendar_events.cgi duh ! :rolleyes:
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/15/2002 6:12 AM
Or go to the day in the calendar and click on 'Review Events' (at the bottom of the page)
Posted By: X-tend Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/18/2002 5:42 PM
hey man, great hack!

i'm installing it right now on my board!
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/22/2002 8:36 PM
Silly question tipsy , but how can I get the Birthdays to show up on the Calendar? Everything appears to work great, apart from a lack of birthdays frown

Cleared the cache to no avail...

Ian
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/22/2002 8:39 PM
AFTER installing the hacks, enter my profile -> Edit My Profile, make sure you chose to SHOW your birthday and click on update. If you did it before installing, it won't show up. If it still doesn't work, rehack ubb_profile
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/22/2002 9:39 PM
Okay - so until people edit their profile and click on save they will not show up - even if the box is ticked previously.

Thanks.

Ian.
Posted By: Eaglecrew Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/23/2002 4:42 AM
Mod works great but is there anyway to put a small calendar on a main page (non-ubb) like on this site that is also updated like the large one?

Thanks! laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/23/2002 6:14 AM
or
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/30/2002 4:36 AM
humm, I'm getting this error when I try and access the calendar settings from the cp. Any ideas?

quote:

You do not have permission to access this area.

» Use your browser's back button to return.

One other item, what file do I rehack if I've applied JC's templates?

Thanks again, great hack btw.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/30/2002 12:12 PM
1. Rehack cp.cgi

2. all public_* files
Posted By: Paulus Magnus Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/30/2002 2:57 PM
Using the MultiHack file it fails to edit cp.cgi correctly.

It's looking for...

[code][/code]...but after installing the Mods Wordlets hack you're instructed to insert "wordlets_mods" before "display misc" so it misses it.
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 05/30/2002 9:05 PM
Ok, Rehacking the cp.cgi worked, I looked at the public_* files that are hacked for calendar and compaired them to the files that are on the server after applying the JC template. They are the same.. any ideas?

never mind, found the templates I need to rehack..
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/03/2002 1:12 AM
All the files that are left to hack are the JC template public_common.pl and the like. All the .cgi files are good to go.

The standard hack for public_common.pl here is the code in its entirity

######################in public_common.pl

######after:

# Forum Home
push(@items, qq($vars_wordlets{forum_home_link}));

######add:

# Calendar
push(@items, qq(>$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar_link}));

and here is the code from JC's template public_common.pl that the above code would follow:

# Forum Home
push(@items, qq($vars_wordlets{forum_home_link}));

What I'm looking for is how to rewrite the hack code in bold to work with his templates. If anyone could help it would be appriciated

Thanks again.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/03/2002 1:25 PM
Instead of the bolden part, use:
$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar_link}));

Then upload calendar.gif to your noncgi dir with "calendar" wording on it
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/05/2002 11:56 PM
Thanks, that worked great.
Posted By: JustAskJulie Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/14/2002 12:13 AM
The way the script is set up now if you have a "weekly" event and input it, it only lists it for that current month. Is there any way to make it so that a weekly event goes throughout the year, so that you don't have to enter it again each month?

This would be mucho helpful smile
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/14/2002 1:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JustAskJulie:
The way the script is set up now if you have a "weekly" event and input it, it only lists it for that current month. Is there any way to make it so that a weekly event goes throughout the year, so that you don't have to enter it again each month?

This would be mucho helpful smile

I'd love to see this option, too, or even one where I could post one for several days.
Posted By: JustAskJulie Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/14/2002 11:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ADWOFF:
I'd love to see this option, too, or even one where I could post one for several days.

I agree there too. I would love to be able to post events that span multiple days.
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/20/2002 2:48 AM
Lk,

the poster name is not showing up on my calendar just 's Birthday also, the 's Birthday seem to be disapearing, next day they were all gone.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/20/2002 6:13 AM
Glass, rehack ubb_profile.cgi AND re-upload vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi - I added something for our frenchman (chuck) a while back, and it changed the way that birthday thing works.
Posted By: d-talk Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/20/2002 11:30 AM
Hi,

after I have installed the "Calendar-Hack" I can't open my ultimatebb.cgi....

After a time there is a blank site.... What can I do???

Link: http://www.ubb-classic.de/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

My cp.cgi is normal

http://www.ubb-classic.de/cgi-bin/cp.cgi

Please help me...

Thanks
d-talk
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/20/2002 11:40 AM
Anything in the error log? If not, unhack calendar hack, make sure it works without it and rehack it.
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/20/2002 9:47 PM
Thanks LK
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/24/2002 5:59 PM
Ok, how do you remove entries from the calendar? I posted a test message and had it put an entry into the calendar then I deleted the message but the entry stayed in the calendar.

Is there a way to edit entries in the calendar that I'm missing or is that a feature that could be added?

Nice work btw.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/24/2002 6:33 PM
Just enter that day and click on "Review today's events"
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/24/2002 9:02 PM
If you are using JC's templates and you can't find where to put the $calendar after the second $TBB it goes here

$TBB
$calendar

~;

return ($Bottom);

Thanks LK for reminding me to look more closely at my pages. smile
Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/26/2002 3:09 AM
Check out these forums. You see how they got the Calendar to show up as a Forum Category? How'd they do that? Is there a hack that can do it? Or do you suppose they just figured it out on their own?

I'd -love- to have that since most people seem to miss the calendar link completely because of its location andd size. Hell, after I installed it, I missed it completely because of my browser size! (Yeah - I'm a dumbass...). So if one of you could point me in the right direction, that'd be just dandy!
Posted By: Punani Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/26/2002 4:05 AM
Looks good this script...going to install it now...i`ll give you a link when i have installed it...aight smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/26/2002 8:55 AM
Shadow, https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000386

It should work with 6.3 as well smile
Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/26/2002 9:37 AM
Thanks LK. I'll be trying it tonight and will post my results.

Update: Worked just fine! Thanks again!
Posted By: gost95 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 7:28 AM
i was curious how to make the tiny calendar that goes on the left or right of the board...not sure if it has anything to do with this hack or not.
Posted By: Yamaha Raptor Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 7:32 AM
yeah it is part of this hack just place

[code][/code]it in your .shtml wher you would like to have the calender to show up.

(edit)humm you are talking about this one right if so this is the one.
https://ubbdev.com/
Posted By: gost95 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 8:19 AM
yes..thank you man. that's a lot of help.
Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 10:15 PM
Hey LK -

Two quick questions for you.

First, check out my calendar for the month of July. Look at Wednesdays. You see how it has duplicated Saturday's listings under Wednesdays?

I've tried deleting both and recreating them. Initially, I thought it was because my headings were very similar. So I changed them to what you see now, but the same thing happens. Whichever weekly event I add second shows up as a duplicate under the other day. However, if you go to edit that day's event, the duplicate entry doesn't show up. Very odd. Thought you may have a solution for me.

The next question is pure laziness on my part and you do not have to answer it if you don't wish, because I'll just look later for myself if you don't (how's that for blatant honesty? laugh ).

This refers to when you put the small calendar on another page. Which file do I have to edit to change the link colors, etc., so that they don't clash with my background color?

Thanks for your help, LK!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 10:43 PM
1. I'll test it in a bit
2. RTM - use ?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=yes. Then use classes notmonth and link. Use classes:
[code][/code]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 10:50 PM
1) here it's in sat + sun... weird
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/28/2002 10:57 PM
Thanks, re-download calendar zip/mhk and re-upload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, tell me if it fixes it smile
Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/29/2002 12:14 AM
That seemed to do the trick! Thanks for the outrageously quick response and fix!
Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/30/2002 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

2. RTM - use ?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=yes. Then use classes notmonth and link. Use classes:

Out of curiosity, where is this documented? I looked in the *.txt file included with the release and didn't see any mention of this.

I'd just like to see if there are any other commands I can play with.
Posted By: gost95 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/30/2002 6:59 AM
ok...i'm sure this is an easy question. on my main page i don't have the forums sepearted by lines but i would like the days on the calendar to be sepearted by boxes. the problem is that the calendar works off the main page template.

how would i go about making the calendar go by the template of the "search" pages, or the "transitions pages" or whatever i would like?
Posted By: gost95 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/30/2002 4:19 PM
i don't usually bump **** but i have a feeling my problem is real simple to fix so... smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/30/2002 4:21 PM
Take statistic hack's instructions for the style template thing and convert it to calendar.

Shadow - dunno tipsy
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/01/2002 4:51 PM
Hey LK,

I'm using this mod a long time, but now with 6.3.0.1 I get this error if I add a event:

[code][/code]And a similar message if I delete a event. Although the action is taken, but always with this error. Any idea?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/01/2002 5:32 PM
Ever thought of upgrading to the latest version of Calendar? :rolleyes: wink
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/01/2002 7:25 PM
Uhm, yes, you're right. Sorry. I've hacked with the latest version, but forgot to upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/05/2002 4:19 AM
Hey kids smile

I made compact header versions of the calendar templates. not really rocket science but I though I'd give a little something back.

http://www.freakscene.net/hacks/calendar-compactheaders.zip

just cause i love you guys thumbsup

demo :: http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/05/2002 8:58 AM
Pardon me if this has been asked before, but what file would I alter if I wanted to add a disclaimer at the top of the calendar page? Sort of like an announcement/forum introduction at the top of a forum....

Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/05/2002 9:10 AM
public_calendar_display.pl
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/05/2002 9:26 AM
Got it! Thank you very much!
Posted By: gost95 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/07/2002 2:27 AM
yo LK...i tried going through the statistics hack to figure out how to associate the calendar with another template besides the main page but had no luck. any more help you could give me?? smile
Posted By: CTM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/09/2002 7:26 PM
EDIT: Never mind, Allen's helped me fix my problem - Trying to move the position of the calendar box around but got stuck... Meh, well, that's what happens when you're stupid tipsy
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/09/2002 7:42 PM
not stupid, just trial and error smile
quote:
Originally posted by freak.scene:
Hey kids smile

I made compact header versions of the calendar templates. not really rocket science but I though I'd give a little something back.

http://www.freakscene.net/hacks/calendar-compactheaders.zip

just cause i love you guys thumbsup

demo :: http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

thanks jeremiah smile
Posted By: Michael J Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 1:41 AM
Here's a little idea for an addition:

Allow all registered users to post calendar entries that admins or mods would have to approve before they appear. Maybe even have an email sent to the admin everytime a new post is added and waiting to be approved. I don't want to let everyone just openly post entries because a lot of crap would get added, but I'd rather not have to enter every event myself either. If I could just go through and approve events as they are submitted it would be very handy.
Posted By: vLIMIT Sandman Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 1:48 AM
what about a board that has 2000+ members with people posting events non stop *flooded email in-box* <--- moral
Posted By: Michael J Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 2:11 AM
Obviously there would be the option of turning the email notification on and off, just like there is now for new registrations.

What kind of board are you running with people posting events non-stop? Allowing everyone to post events without approval would mean a HUGE calendar and if you had to post each event yourself you'd be making entries to the calendar all day.

Approval would keep out the garbage posts and save a lot of time. You wouldn't have to individually give authorization to post, you'd keep garbage entries off the calendar, and you wouldn't have to make the entries yourself (just approve the ones coming in).
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 12:31 PM
It could be helpfull if poeple must have a specified rank before they can suggest a posting for the calendar. I dont think there will be a flooding-problem. You can see who did it and suspend this user.
Posted By: vLIMIT Sandman Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 1:01 PM
and your bandwidth usage would jump through the roof correct?
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/12/2002 1:36 PM
This also can happen with topic-poster-spammer-flooding-whatever. There is no difference in using the calendar or just postings.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/14/2002 7:01 PM
You can just choose that only admins, mods and special users can post events instead. (special users - choose in edit profile from cp)
Posted By: med Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/20/2002 11:44 AM
Hi. I dunno if this was already requested but what do you think about this little addon to the calendar.

- A birthday list in my profile. The member puts other member in this list and chooses to be notified by e-mail X days before the day.

What do you think ?

Thanks and great job!

Med.
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 6:00 PM
Hi, calendar does not display in forum summary and when I try to edit wordlets in CP i have this error :

Action not permitted.

I read i should rehack it, but what does it mean ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 6:20 PM
Adri, please make the "Powered by Infopop Corporation" part of your copyright wording visible. About your problem, rehack ultimatebb.cgi and cp_wordlets.cgi, then re-upload vars_wordlets_calendar to cgi-bin (or variables) folder.

BTW, I'm in the AOM alpha list laugh
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 6:28 PM
Hum hum well I put it again, anyway you can remove it without violating license, just add style="display:none;visibility:hidden" you don't remove the copyright, it appears in source code wink

I'm also in the AOM alpha and beta list, and ES allowed me to give out 20 alpha version to our forummers wink

So what do you mean with rehack ultimatebb.cgi and cp_wordlets ??

PS: I knew admin read user emails, I should have entered my hotmail one tipsy
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 6:42 PM
Hack (modify) them again from backups.

BTW, it IS a violation - they have to be visible for a naked eye tipsy
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 6:57 PM
>>Hack (modify) them again from backups.

I did this twice, using the multi hack file, and it's not working.

>>BTW, it IS a violation - they have to be visible for a naked eye

Then you can use background color + 1lightness tipsy
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 7:05 PM
1) and did you re-upload vars_worlelts_calendar to cgi-bin dir?

2) nope, then it can't be seen easily. tipsy
quote:
All such notices or legends remain readily perceptible to the human eye.
http://www.infopop.com/products/ubbclassic/license.html
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 7:20 PM
1. My vars files are not in cgi-bin but I reuploaded all files to their respective folders. Maybe does it interfer with CP addon ?

2. it can be readily perceptible but so hard and annoying using close colors that nobody would read tipsy
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 10:19 PM
So ? Maybe they re is a bug, you may have used CGI_DIR instead of VARS_DIR so it doesnt work for me...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 10:26 PM
And I think you're wrong, as it's recognized with the foreach that requires almost every other variable file. tipsy

Rehack EVERYTHING, re-upload EVERYTHING, re-chmod EVERYTHING. okay? wink
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 10:44 PM
Arg I'm not a noob tipsy My chmod are allright, anyway I'm going to look myself for it, because I'm too lazy to rehack everything since I improved many parts of the code myself (yes, some mod makers and even infopop program like perl newbies = bad security, very long code and bad perfs).

It seems the problem comes from these variables files anyway, but I'm going to make this $^@ calendar work wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 10:46 PM
The calendar works if you install as written in the install notes. I have installed it many times on quite a few different sites/servers.
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 11:00 PM
Well I used the multi hack file so it's a bite harder to see what modifications the script applied, but I'm going to check the manual way, thx for the tip (I didn't notice there was also a text installation).

# Modifies: #
# ultimatebb.cgi, ubb_lib.cgi, #
[...]

well first ubb_lib.cgi hasn't been modified using multihack... so the problem should be here.
And no... it's written modifies ubb_lib.cgi but there is nothing to do there smash
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 11:03 PM
I used the mhp yesterday, it installs easily smile

You mentioned changing the files, that's probably where the error is.
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/23/2002 11:05 PM
Yes certainly, so I have to do it by hand. However multihack didnt report any errors.

If I have time I think I'll publish a hack, let's see wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/24/2002 8:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Adri2:
some mod makers and even infopop program like perl newbies = bad security, very long code and bad perfs

So why do you use these hacks and "fix" the problems instead of starting from the scratch? :rolleyes:
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/24/2002 2:00 PM
Check your PM's adri.
Posted By: Adri2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 07/24/2002 2:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
quote:
Originally posted by Adri2:
some mod makers and even infopop program like perl newbies = bad security, very long code and bad perfs

So why do you use these hacks and "fix" the problems instead of starting from the scratch? :rolleyes:
Because me very busy and it'd require some hours to understand how ubb works so it's faster to make mods of mods already done wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/02/2002 4:14 PM
Updated to 6.3.1 smile
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/02/2002 7:46 PM
LK I wanted to ask you the following: How hard would it be to make the calendar a standalone script ? (I mean not to need to edit any ubb files) can this be done and where do I need to start ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/02/2002 8:22 PM
It's not so hard but too hard for me to post it all on the fly tipsy

Basically, you have to use open(), etc instead of OpenFileAsX, etc. Also add #!/usr/bin/perl, use CGI........ You'll also have to change the design, otherwise $Header, $TBT, $TBB, $Footer and others don't exist.
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/02/2002 9:31 PM
yes but it will stll run in the same dir as UBB so I can still reuse some variables. The thing is I am thinking of using beta UBB on my website but since I cannot modify it I have to find an other way of keeping the calendar smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/03/2002 7:02 AM
Oh, if you can use UBB's library it's much easier... Copy the beginning of ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi (from the beginning until "use strict;", EXCEPT for the UNLESS line) to ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, then add:
Code
%in = map{
my @z = param($_);
( scalar(@z) > 1 ?
( $_ => join(",", @z) ) :
( $_ => $z[0] )
)
} param();
if ($in{command} eq 'add') { &sub_that_adds; } elsif ($in{command} eq 'review') { &sub_that_reviews; } elsif ($in{command} eq 'submitadd') { &sub_that_submits_add_details; } elsif ($in{command} eq 'submitreview') { &sub_that_submits_review_details; } else { &sub_that_views; }
Then change the &sub_that_etc_etc to their real names, and use ubb_lib_calendar.cgi (but you'll have to edit every public_calendar_X and public_new_calendar_event to use ubb_lib_calendar, and if needed also use COMMAND instead of UBB in
lines.
Posted By: caroth Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/05/2002 11:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Updated to 6.3.1 smile
Ok, I am using your MHK from your site:

Hmm, $show_public_name does not appear in public_topic_page.pl is that now called $linkname?

ubb_lib_posting, I have the following:
$pm_link, %rate_list, $Avatar, with two more vars on the next line followed by ) Your step should not have the )

Just some FYI.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/06/2002 5:34 AM
Yes, I had to update my mhk as well smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/07/2002 8:48 AM
Sorry shocked

Edit: fixed (both MHK and TXT)
Posted By: Olliey2k Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/19/2002 2:16 PM
is there another download location because the current one doesn't want to work
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 8:17 AM
This was the first big hack I ahve done that went with no user errors smile

Woot

thanks everyone loves it
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 10:24 AM
Olliey2k, use www.ubbdev.com/lk/calendar.zip

Chimera, laugh
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 4:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
or
Help the ID10T

Where does this go? :rolleyes:
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 4:44 PM
Where you want the calendar in .shtml files. (if you don't know what's SHTML, disregard it tipsy )
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 5:45 PM
Hmmm cool smile

I was thinking I could place it along side the forums, like I see banner adds and paypal banners. frown Ok Ill find a forum to ask that question cause I cant get the syntax right for a search.

thing about searching. . . you need to know what you're looking for laugh
Posted By: Raichu's Babai Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 8:11 PM
Hrmmm .. Have events posted but my main page always says No events scheduled for today...

http://www.nakkc.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 8:15 PM
http://www.nakkc.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar - "No events scheduled for today." wink
Posted By: Raichu's Babai Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/24/2002 8:17 PM
yeah i just deleted it lol... had event down as weekly

Not to mention Im vacationing in Malaysia right now, so im a day ahead of server.... My time is screwed lol.. Check ur PM also... PLZ

UPDATE: I refreshed it like 5x and it finally showed ... sorry for bugging ya hehhehe... I need to close the laptop... IM ON VACATION!!!
Posted By: Smokester Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/25/2002 4:07 AM
Is there a way to control who can view the calander?
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/25/2002 5:44 AM
Yes In control panel 'Calendar' section is a radio button "make private" or some such.

then you go ONE-BY-ONE and add who you want.

What would be cool is if there was a hack that listed members and put the checkboxes after each name, all on one page>

Hmmm think I have a mod suggestion wink
Posted By: Smokester Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/25/2002 5:47 AM
Excellent. smile More incentive to upgrade to 6.3.1 now. (It would appear this mod doesn't work in 6.3.0 anymore.)

Eric
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/28/2002 12:31 PM
Hi LK,
Excellent Hack - Is there any way to anchor the event date in the calendar to the event disciption so that the discription comes to the top of the page?
I hope I am making this clear.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/28/2002 12:37 PM
Chimera, that checkbox is to control who can WRITE the calendar, not read tipsy

Ed, ubb_lib_calendar.cgi. find: (twice)
code:
Code
$todaysevents{$j} .= qq~$desc[2]
~;

Replace with:
code:
[qb]
Code
$todaysevents{$j} .= qq~$desc[2]: $desc[3]
~;
[/qb]
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 08/28/2002 7:49 PM
OK how do I set rights to see the calendar? Or more to the point not see it smile
Posted By: FilAm Basketball Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/12/2002 10:26 PM
Hi All,

Was just introduced to this forum afew days ago. Since then I've installed Quick Reply and the Calendar and some other mods but not sure what they do. lol

I just installed Chat but when I go to the CP, I don't see any setting parameters. It is in the drop down menu but when the page refreshes there are no options.

any ideas? I know it is probably something very simple I left out.

Thanks,

Jon Engalla
http://www.filambasketball.com/messageboard.html
Posted By: Deven Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/17/2002 11:23 PM
LK, found a bug in the calendar functionality. If you create a new event, suppose on Sept. 3, 2002. Set it as weekly and first it only populates each week for the month of Sept. Next, if you go and look at events for another date, say, Sept. 17, 2002, it doesn't show the event that was repeated from the 3rd. It shows on the calendar grid, but not below in the list of events, and it also doesn't show at the bottom of the forum summery.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/18/2002 7:40 AM
Chrimera, it's impossible.

Deven, I hate these problems frown I'm testing in a bit
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/18/2002 8:33 AM
Fixed, re-download calendar.zip and re-upload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi smile
Posted By: Deven Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/18/2002 3:23 PM
Thanks a ton, LK! laugh thumbsup

P.S. - One more slight bug, on weekly events, it still won't show them if you have Calendar events showing at the bottom of the forum summary. It only shows them on the first date posted, not the repeats.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/18/2002 4:07 PM
Fixed, re-download and re-hack ubb_forum_summary.cgi smile
Posted By: Deven Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/18/2002 4:17 PM
Dang, that was fast LK, thanks again! laugh

Ack, one mistyped key in your signature can really screw it up, fixed it now. eek
Posted By: Ramister Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/22/2002 10:40 PM
Sorry I got a problem
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GMe Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 09/26/2002 11:39 AM
Hi LK,
in Germany the week starts with Monday, not with Sunday, what can i do, to change this?

thx und sorry about my english wink

GMe
Posted By: FilAm Basketball Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/05/2002 4:30 AM
Would like to integrate SSI into the sidebar.
Tried to use the following SSI:

## This file can be called with for today's event

This one is working but how do I list the events if there are more than one with say bullets?

## and for monthly events

Not working at all. But it does work if I just plug in the url in the browser...
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/10/2002 2:37 AM
I installed this hack and got this error when trying to set the calendar settings in the cp

Code

You do not have permission to access this area.

Posted By: ShadowChaser Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/10/2002 4:22 AM
Did you reset permissions?
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/10/2002 4:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowChaser:
Did you reset permissions?
Yes I did I will even try that again maybe somehow I missed a file

Peter
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/10/2002 7:14 AM
Rehack ultimatebb.cgi.
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/10/2002 2:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Rehack ultimatebb.cgi.
I did that LK and it still is giving me the error that i do not have perrmission to enter the area

Peter
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/11/2002 3:24 PM
Well can anyone help me here??
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/11/2002 3:26 PM
Oops, I meant cp.cgi... so "Rehack cp.cgi." wink
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/11/2002 7:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Oops, I meant cp.cgi... so "Rehack cp.cgi." wink
ok let me try that
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/14/2002 11:20 PM
ok for some reason when I split my board into Catagories its now showing the calendar above each catagorie, Can anyone help please??

Peter http://www.cycleshopfx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: PKassab Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/15/2002 2:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PKassab:
ok for some reason when I split my board into Catagories its now showing the calendar above each catagorie, Can anyone help please??

Peter http://www.cycleshopfx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Got it, after messing with some files I found hw to remove the extra ones

Peter
Posted By: Chrimera Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/20/2002 11:00 PM
Ive been playing with .shtml and the ssi functionality. Now Im a noob to shtml, but when I try to use the ssi command, above the mini calendar I get my cookie info.

thoughts?

BTW Win2K server and IIS5

Edited *** Also posted in SSI forum
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 10/27/2002 1:40 AM
How about a little modification? When you click on an event in the forum summary, a (little) window pops up showing the details only of this event? Not interesting for bithdays, but on self inserted events...
Posted By: d-talk Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/19/2002 6:52 AM
Hi,

i hacked the file public_new_topic_form.pl but nothing is shown at the forums i have choosen in the cp when i want to ad a new posting what can I do?

Thanks
d-talk
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/19/2002 8:19 PM
You know it only shows it when you create a new TOPIC tipsy
Posted By: d-talk Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/20/2002 4:28 AM
But it doesn't show when I create a new topic....

thanks
d-talk
Posted By: technet Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/24/2002 1:05 AM
why does this happen?
I get this error when I have the page in index.shtml
[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]

HELP! I put Absolute Path in and the URl path but nothing works.
Posted By: Fahd Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/24/2002 2:20 PM
Anyway of getting the Calendar forum summary to display the number of events (today) rather than the names of the events (today). I tried using the following code but if there was more than one event it still only displayed one event...

Code
In ubb_forum_summary.cgi Replace:

$calendar .= ", " if $calendar;
$calendar .= $desc[2];

With:

$calendar_events .= ", " if $calendar_events;
$calendar_events .= "$desc[2]";

@cal_evt_array = ($calendar_events);
$calendar = scalar(@cal_evt_array);
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/26/2002 7:19 AM
how do u get rid of the hyperlinking outta the calendar when u call it via SSI?

Cuz when i call mine via SSI and lets say I have a birthday on a certain day. On my index.html page, it'll show that birthday date in a different color and u can click on it, and it'll goto that date on the calendar on the board.

How do u get rid of this?
Posted By: Toop Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/02/2002 10:41 PM
Are there any plans to make it easy for an admin or moderator to edit the calendar posts without having to edit the calendar cgi file?
Posted By: Toop Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/09/2002 11:57 PM
Also how do I add the Event Calendar like to a page like on the UBBDEV main page?

Opps maybe if I read more....sorry...

Any word on how to easiliy edit events?
Posted By: Painfool Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/15/2002 9:51 PM
Two things I would love to see as additions or modifications to this mod.

1) Ability to associate separate calendars with specific forums? So forum #1's group of people can have an event calendar listing different events than forum #2's users. (On an Everquest Board for example the Warriors and the Necromancers can have thier own lists of things going on specific to them) with the event announcer in the forum header itself. MAYBE a Board Master Calendar listing ALL events but certainly that is to much to ask for smile

2) A way to list upcoming events (SSI perhaps?) maybe optionally set to be listed 3,5,7,14 days out?

Thanks for these great mods btw smile Finally got Multihack working (had to start with a fresh XP install smile ) so am having even more fun than before ... although I miss actually looking at the code and fiddling with it smile
Posted By: djmaine Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/13/2003 9:26 PM
I LOVE THIS HACK!

Question...is there a way to move the calendar to the top of the Forum Summary or...

Have it show where the the main buttons are for My Profile / Private Messages | register | search | faq | memberlist | forum home | calendar

(The actual calendar of today's events)

Thanks again for great hacks!

You guys are geniuses!
Posted By: BRIT Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/15/2003 12:33 AM
Is there a way to edit the calendar info easily?? the girl who I have doing the calendar updates asked for editing facilities for entries, but short of her getting a quick lesson in cgi I can't seem to find a way.

djmaine, if you do a search on this topic you will find somewhere the instructions Charles left for me, this allowed me to move the calendar bar to the top of the index page. I'll check tomorrow evening and post his answer if I can dig it out from my info files.
Posted By: djmaine Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/15/2003 6:16 AM
Click Calendar...
Click Review Today's Events...

Edit the event and click submit

I will search the topic! Thanks!
Posted By: BRIT Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/15/2003 9:46 PM
Thanks for the info DJ but that only lets you edit the days events, not any that you may have inserted for the future.

Doh! open my mind, click the event for the day you want and try edit that!
Posted By: BRIT Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/15/2003 9:52 PM
#####################in public_forum_summary.pl:

######find: (twice)

$TBB

######replace it with:

$TBB
$calendar

Move the ..

$calendar

from under the $TBB and place it near the top of the page just above the first occurence of $TBT

At least that worked for me!!
Posted By: tgreene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/16/2003 5:05 PM
I too have moved the "Today's Events" section to the top of my board, but would like to change all of the event colors to red, as opposed to the regular text colors.

I have added the font color tag to the calendar events, so it shows them all in red, but I was hoping there is a way to have this done automatically, rather than manually.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this..?
Posted By: BRIT Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/16/2003 9:40 PM
Colors are changed under the calendar tag in the control panel.
Posted By: tgreene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/16/2003 11:21 PM
I was referring to the EVENT TEXT, not the calendar squares.
Posted By: djmaine Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/22/2003 4:06 PM
Code moving the calendar to the top worked great!

Thanks!
Posted By: djmaine Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/28/2003 7:11 PM
Is there a way that when you enter a weekly event it goes into all months of the year?

Now it goes one month at a time...
Posted By: tomjinx1 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 03/01/2003 5:42 AM
LK - I hope you get this... Not sure if this has been posted. If it has, I'm very sorry.

I was wondering how you change the color of the text, links, and [] of the small calendar. Saw something about css but am not too sure about how to do css. Could you please help me? I just want to change the black default text to white.

Thanks

you can reach my board by going to http://server945.gisol.com/~nurv
As you can see, It doesn't look too good and if I could change all the text and hyperlinks to white, I could then get rid of the grey background and leave it with my image bg.
Posted By: GetAGrip Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 03/23/2003 4:12 AM
Suggestion for future versions:

I have events that run for multiple days. It would be fantastic if you could create an event and select a date range instead of a single date.

Example, define the event, choose a start and end date, and the script automatically pupulates the days in between.
Posted By: vpboy Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 04/02/2003 9:40 PM
i installed calendar hack for my 6.3.1.2 board and it works flawlessly. a few thing though.

on my forum summary page the calendar table is all the way at the bottom. is there any way to move it right underneath the recent visitors.

also on the calendar month view. there are two links at the bottom, the 'Add a new event' and 'Review today's events' is there any way to add spaces after and before them? they are squeezed between other text that is is somewhat hard to see.

any help would be appreciated
Posted By: tgreene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/11/2003 7:58 PM
I have an odd situation that needs to be corrected ASAP, if anyone knows what to do...

Since I have recently installed the Mega-Mod hack, the 8 folks named as Mega-Mods are not able to upload any calendar data, since I have it restricted. Because of this, I have had to open it up, but don't like doing so.

Any suggestions..?
Posted By: tgreene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/12/2003 5:32 PM
Anyone..?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/12/2003 5:57 PM
Code
in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
find: (3 times)
if ($user_profile[8] eq 'Moderator' &#0124;&#0124; $user_profile[8] eq 'Administrator') {
$is_one = "true";
}

replace with:
if (($user_profile[8] eq 'Moderator') &#0124;&#0124; ($user_profile[8] eq 'Administrator') &#0124;&#0124; ($user_profile[8] eq 'MegaModerator')) {
$is_one = "true";
}
that's untested, but should work
Posted By: tgreene Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/12/2003 10:25 PM
Worked like a champ... THANKS!
Posted By: BUZN_WILDLY Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/13/2003 2:34 AM
When I have uploaded all my files...
checked and double checked them all...
I updated my BBS... and I get this?
Permissions on C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/mycgi/vars_calendar_events.cgi prevent it from being updated via the control panel. Please reset permissions on this file.

Can anyone help me? help
thank=You
In advance
BUZN_WILDLY
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 06/13/2003 2:37 AM
CHMOD it to 777, a way to remember when to do that, and var_......cgi gets CHMODDED to 777, cp... and ubb... get CHMODDED to755
Posted By: _Cash Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/06/2003 3:00 AM
Hello,
your hacks are really great, however I have one question.
I installed your callendar hack, but now the calendar is in the last position( on the top right of the screen) after Forum home.
Is there any way I can make Forum home to get the last(the most to the right) position?
Thank you
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/06/2003 12:36 PM
Code
######################in public_common.pl

######after:

# Forum Home
push(@items, qq(<a href="$ULTIMATEBB" title="$vars_wordlets{forum_acronym}">$vars_wordlets{forum_home_link}</a>));

######add:

# Calendar
push(@items, qq(<a href="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar" title="$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar}">$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar_link}</a>));
In that step, add it before instead of after smile
Posted By: _Cash Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 11/06/2003 12:38 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/05/2003 11:58 PM
Hi Guys
Is there a way to have event details display at the top of the calendar page rather than the bottom?
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/06/2003 2:51 AM
Look for Bookie and LK's Calendar Style Mod.
Then there is another small modification to integrate it in your Templates.
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/06/2003 5:07 PM
Thanks Felix,
I found the posting you referenced but the site containig file is gone.
Do you have a copy of it.
Ed
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/07/2003 7:07 AM
Here, this is the whole thing for 6.3...
http://romanianational.com/Calendar.zip

Calendar, style and the modification for the style templates, read my README.txt for the sequence of installing them.

Good luck. smile
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/08/2003 8:35 PM
Thank You Very Much

Do you know how to make the page displaying the calendar itself t display the events at the top?

Like This:
http://snowclubs.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=2452987
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/09/2003 6:09 AM
Why would you put the table it on the Calendar page? You can already see the events bellow! You want it add that on the forum summary.
The files I gave you is what I use to do my calendar and all the moving around. Check mine.

http://romanianational.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/09/2003 4:40 PM
Hi Felix,
I have put the calendar at the top of the summary page.

http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/cgis/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

I just think, when you click on the link and it takes you to the date, it would be better to display the event details without needing to scroll to the bottom.
Just a preference.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/11/2003 11:06 PM
I know! I was looking at that. Ideally would be to take you to a new page or Java pop up and show you only the day's events. Unfortunatelly is not easy to do, at least for me.
Maybe the creators will do something, although I very much doubt it, nobody does anything for 6.3... anymore frown
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/12/2003 3:53 PM
If I come up with a way I will let you know.
Thanks for all your help.
Ed
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 12/14/2003 7:28 AM
No problem, let me know if you find that fix.

smile
Posted By: Ed Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Calendar 2.0 - 01/07/2004 11:46 PM
Hi Felix,
I have this on one of my sites now.

See it - HERE

This is how I did it - HERE
© UBB.Developers