Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
yes..thank you man. that's a lot of help.

Sponsored Links
Hey LK -

Two quick questions for you.

First, check out my calendar for the month of July. Look at Wednesdays. You see how it has duplicated Saturday's listings under Wednesdays?

I've tried deleting both and recreating them. Initially, I thought it was because my headings were very similar. So I changed them to what you see now, but the same thing happens. Whichever weekly event I add second shows up as a duplicate under the other day. However, if you go to edit that day's event, the duplicate entry doesn't show up. Very odd. Thought you may have a solution for me.

The next question is pure laziness on my part and you do not have to answer it if you don't wish, because I'll just look later for myself if you don't (how's that for blatant honesty? laugh ).

This refers to when you put the small calendar on another page. Which file do I have to edit to change the link colors, etc., so that they don't clash with my background color?

Thanks for your help, LK!

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1. I'll test it in a bit
2. RTM - use ?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=yes. Then use classes notmonth and link. Use classes:
[code][/code]

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1) here it's in sat + sun... weird

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Thanks, re-download calendar zip/mhk and re-upload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, tell me if it fixes it smile

Sponsored Links
That seemed to do the trick! Thanks for the outrageously quick response and fix!

quote:
Originally posted by LK:

2. RTM - use ?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=yes. Then use classes notmonth and link. Use classes:

Out of curiosity, where is this documented? I looked in the *.txt file included with the release and didn't see any mention of this.

I'd just like to see if there are any other commands I can play with.

ok...i'm sure this is an easy question. on my main page i don't have the forums sepearted by lines but i would like the days on the calendar to be sepearted by boxes. the problem is that the calendar works off the main page template.

how would i go about making the calendar go by the template of the "search" pages, or the "transitions pages" or whatever i would like?

i don't usually bump **** but i have a feeling my problem is real simple to fix so... smile

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Take statistic hack's instructions for the style template thing and convert it to calendar.

Shadow - dunno tipsy

Sponsored Links
Hey LK,

I'm using this mod a long time, but now with 6.3.0.1 I get this error if I add a event:

[code][/code]And a similar message if I delete a event. Although the action is taken, but always with this error. Any idea?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Ever thought of upgrading to the latest version of Calendar? :rolleyes: wink

Uhm, yes, you're right. Sorry. I've hacked with the latest version, but forgot to upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

Hey kids smile

I made compact header versions of the calendar templates. not really rocket science but I though I'd give a little something back.

http://www.freakscene.net/hacks/calendar-compactheaders.zip

just cause i love you guys thumbsup

demo :: http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

jeremiah
Pardon me if this has been asked before, but what file would I alter if I wanted to add a disclaimer at the top of the calendar page? Sort of like an announcement/forum introduction at the top of a forum....

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
public_calendar_display.pl

Got it! Thank you very much!

yo LK...i tried going through the statistics hack to figure out how to associate the calendar with another template besides the main page but had no luck. any more help you could give me?? smile

CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
EDIT: Never mind, Allen's helped me fix my problem - Trying to move the position of the calendar box around but got stuck... Meh, well, that's what happens when you're stupid tipsy

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
not stupid, just trial and error smile
quote:
Originally posted by freak.scene:
Hey kids smile

I made compact header versions of the calendar templates. not really rocket science but I though I'd give a little something back.

http://www.freakscene.net/hacks/calendar-compactheaders.zip

just cause i love you guys thumbsup

demo :: http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

thanks jeremiah smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Here's a little idea for an addition:

Allow all registered users to post calendar entries that admins or mods would have to approve before they appear. Maybe even have an email sent to the admin everytime a new post is added and waiting to be approved. I don't want to let everyone just openly post entries because a lot of crap would get added, but I'd rather not have to enter every event myself either. If I could just go through and approve events as they are submitted it would be very handy.

what about a board that has 2000+ members with people posting events non stop *flooded email in-box* <--- moral

Obviously there would be the option of turning the email notification on and off, just like there is now for new registrations.

What kind of board are you running with people posting events non-stop? Allowing everyone to post events without approval would mean a HUGE calendar and if you had to post each event yourself you'd be making entries to the calendar all day.

Approval would keep out the garbage posts and save a lot of time. You wouldn't have to individually give authorization to post, you'd keep garbage entries off the calendar, and you wouldn't have to make the entries yourself (just approve the ones coming in).

It could be helpfull if poeple must have a specified rank before they can suggest a posting for the calendar. I dont think there will be a flooding-problem. You can see who did it and suspend this user.

and your bandwidth usage would jump through the roof correct?

This also can happen with topic-poster-spammer-flooding-whatever. There is no difference in using the calendar or just postings.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can just choose that only admins, mods and special users can post events instead. (special users - choose in edit profile from cp)

med Offline
Hi. I dunno if this was already requested but what do you think about this little addon to the calendar.

- A birthday list in my profile. The member puts other member in this list and chooses to be notified by e-mail X days before the day.

What do you think ?

Thanks and great job!

Med.

Hi, calendar does not display in forum summary and when I try to edit wordlets in CP i have this error :

Action not permitted.

» Use your browser's back button to return.

I read i should rehack it, but what does it mean ?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Adri, please make the "Powered by Infopop Corporation" part of your copyright wording visible. About your problem, rehack ultimatebb.cgi and cp_wordlets.cgi, then re-upload vars_wordlets_calendar to cgi-bin (or variables) folder.

BTW, I'm in the AOM alpha list laugh

Hum hum well I put it again, anyway you can remove it without violating license, just add style="display:none;visibility:hidden" you don't remove the copyright, it appears in source code wink

I'm also in the AOM alpha and beta list, and ES allowed me to give out 20 alpha version to our forummers wink

So what do you mean with rehack ultimatebb.cgi and cp_wordlets ??

PS: I knew admin read user emails, I should have entered my hotmail one tipsy

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Hack (modify) them again from backups.

BTW, it IS a violation - they have to be visible for a naked eye tipsy

>>Hack (modify) them again from backups.

I did this twice, using the multi hack file, and it's not working.

>>BTW, it IS a violation - they have to be visible for a naked eye

Then you can use background color + 1lightness tipsy

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1) and did you re-upload vars_worlelts_calendar to cgi-bin dir?

2) nope, then it can't be seen easily. tipsy
quote:
All such notices or legends remain readily perceptible to the human eye.
http://www.infopop.com/products/ubbclassic/license.html

1. My vars files are not in cgi-bin but I reuploaded all files to their respective folders. Maybe does it interfer with CP addon ?

2. it can be readily perceptible but so hard and annoying using close colors that nobody would read tipsy

So ? Maybe they re is a bug, you may have used CGI_DIR instead of VARS_DIR so it doesnt work for me...

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
And I think you're wrong, as it's recognized with the foreach that requires almost every other variable file. tipsy

Rehack EVERYTHING, re-upload EVERYTHING, re-chmod EVERYTHING. okay? wink

Arg I'm not a noob tipsy My chmod are allright, anyway I'm going to look myself for it, because I'm too lazy to rehack everything since I improved many parts of the code myself (yes, some mod makers and even infopop program like perl newbies = bad security, very long code and bad perfs).

It seems the problem comes from these variables files anyway, but I'm going to make this $^@ calendar work wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The calendar works if you install as written in the install notes. I have installed it many times on quite a few different sites/servers.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Well I used the multi hack file so it's a bite harder to see what modifications the script applied, but I'm going to check the manual way, thx for the tip (I didn't notice there was also a text installation).

# Modifies: #
# ultimatebb.cgi, ubb_lib.cgi, #
[...]

well first ubb_lib.cgi hasn't been modified using multihack... so the problem should be here.
And no... it's written modifies ubb_lib.cgi but there is nothing to do there smash

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Ruben Rocha
Ruben Rocha
Lutz,FL,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63