UBB.Dev
Posted By: FireBurns Installing on Windows 98 - 09/19/2001 8:36 AM
I am curious as to weither anyone has tried installing the PHP version on Win98se for testing reasons? I set up Apache for windows, PHP 4, and MySQL all to run on my computer so I can hack away at the script and see if itworks before I upload it and have to close the forums while people could be posting.

Anywho, I have several scripts running on my localhost site, but w3t is not working, I get error messages. :-(
First I get an error that there is a parse error on line 13 of main.inc.php. There shouldnt be bacause I havent touched that line :-D. Here is what the script looks like:
[:green]
// THIS NEEDS TO BE SET, OTHERWISE ADMIN SCRIPTS WILL NOT WORK
// THIS IS THE ACTUAL PATH TO YOUR PHP INSTALLATION
$thispath = "c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t";

include("$thispath/config.inc.php");
include("$thispath/$config[dbtype].inc.php");
include("$thispath/theme.inc.php");[:black]

Now I dont see any parse error, but all I can figure is that the problem may be that the windows path is formated with \ while the paths to the language files and such are formated with the / . Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
Posted By: Dslam Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/19/2001 7:49 PM
I have it installed on win98/apache/mysql
works fine
what release of php4 are you running?
Posted By: Extrm Bob Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/21/2001 2:26 AM
Get rid of the trailing slash in the path.
Posted By: FireBurns Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/21/2001 8:29 AM
Yea, I think that was the first thing I tried, and I got all these errors then:

[:orange]Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\config.inc.php on line 54

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 14

Warning: Failed opening 'c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t/.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 14

Warning: Use of undefined constant availablestyles - assumed 'availablestyles' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\theme.inc.php on line 18

Warning: Use of undefined constant tracking - assumed 'tracking' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 33

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 33

Warning: Undefined variable: w3t_language in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 38

Warning: Use of undefined constant language - assumed 'language' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Failed opening 'c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsw3t/languages//generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 41

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 43

[:black] I also tried to change all of the \ slashes to /, but that didnt go over well either. Anymore suggestions guys?
Posted By: Dslam Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/21/2001 3:21 PM
here is my path C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads
also my config looks like this
<hr>
// Path and Url variables

// Url to the main WWWThreads php install
$config['phpurl'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads";

// Relative Url containing the images
$config['images'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads/images";

// Path to your images directory, needed for calculating image sizes
$config['imagepath'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads/images";

// Url to your stylesheets directory
$config['styledir'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads/stylesheets";

// Path to your WWWThreads php install
$config['path'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads";

// Path to your stylesheets directory
$config['stylepath'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads/stylesheets";

// Path to save session information
// This is only used if $config['tracking'] = "sessions"
// Needs to be a world writeable directory outside of your html tree
$config['sessionpath'] = "/home/httpd/sessions";

// Domain that wwwthreads is running under.
$config['referer'] = "http://192.168.0.46";

// --------------------------
Posted By: Extrm Bob Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/22/2001 11:57 PM
Those errors are all caused by the script not finding config.inc.php. Don't know if this will work but try using double // in the path. C://apache//htdocs//wwwthreads
I have seen this cure some of the windows path problems. I know to make uploads work on win nt you need double // in the upload temp dir path.
Posted By: FireBurns Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 09/26/2001 7:22 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I just got done reformating, so as soon as I re-install apache and the rest, I will try this out. :-)
Posted By: The Team Re: Installing on Windows 98 - 10/03/2001 12:55 PM
install for win 9x
© UBB.Developers